Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By its cd
  • 2 Post By copper
  • 4 Post By El Gordo
  • 1 Post By annascotland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2018, 10:40

Thumbs down Ryan Air Hand Luggage Fees

Ryan Air introduce New Hand Luggage allowance and Are Charging at least £5 to get your bag in the cabin!!

See Here at Moneysaving Expert

My FlickR Photos
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2018, 16:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Ryan Air introduce New Hand Luggage allowance and Are Charging at least £5 to get your bag in the cabin!!

See Here at Moneysaving Expert
Think this is a bit of a storm in a teacup - they are basically just offering differentiated services in the same way that lots of service providers do - so if you want the additional service - i.e. The right to take a larger cabin bag onto the plane alongside your smaller one then you pay the extra £5 in a similar way to paying extra to sit where you want to or have extra legroom. Why is there an outcry when an airline does this but no one bats an eyelid about a theatre ticket at the front costing £80 when one at the back costs £20? They just choose the one that suits their budget

I for one would prefer to have the choice of paying for all my extras or going cheap and cheerful rather than go back to the old days of £300 return charters that didn't allow you to check in online and so needed you at the airport hours before whilst we all queued up to check in; included the cost of a large hold suitcase for each passenger in your fare whether you needed it or not and also costed an inedible meal into the price

just my view and as someone who flies several times a year - generally Ryanair extra legroom seats at front of plane with priority boarding is usually still cheaper than most other options, still allows 10kg plus a second non weight limit small bag and much more convenient timed flights - so they get my vote

Last edited by its cd; 10-01-2018 at 16:58.
Old 10-01-2018, 18:14

They started to let people have 2 bags and people still get away with larger bags than they are allowed and it does cause delays with loading the plane

We travelled to Malaga with Ryanair at Christmas a great price and good flights We are paying less for flights now at Christmas than we did 20 years ago and it is all down to Mr OLeary ! The flight was very full and bags had to be put in the hold

I have read that other airlines are going to change their carry on bag rules as well
its cd and annascotland like this.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:33

We always use Easyjets "Hands Free" which allows you to check in a cabin bag. For £5 it is worth saving the hassle looking for locker space.

We were pleasantly surprised yesterday to see that over the festive season it is free of change.

This wasn't widely publicized but shows a different attitude to customer service than some other airlines who screw you for everything they can.
Old 11-01-2018, 18:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
Think this is a bit of a storm in a teacup - .......... Why is there an outcry when an airline does this .............
Just being informative so that fliers are aware of this change and can prepare for this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 11-01-2018, 18:58

We got our Ryanair flights at a great price and now have the choice to bring on the bags or not. What is not to like?
debz1 likes this.