Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   booked 2018 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/13609-booked-2018-a.html)

meg1973 12-09-2017 21:06

booked 2018

just booked ryanair Edinburgh to Palma mid august 2018 to 1st September £390, seats and 20kg 16 days 2x adults :):):):):

annascotland 13-09-2017 22:20

I am scared to book our flights in July 2018 just in case our booking for the apartment is cancelled, even though we have paid a 50% deposit already.....wondering what to do????

katsmum 14-09-2017 15:26

Maybe wise to get your money back if you can and look elsewhere

annascotland 15-09-2017 22:55

Hedging my bets Katsmum, going to wait til Christmas and then decide

Tangoman 19-09-2017 18:08

Accommodation

Hi All

As some of you may know, we have been going to PP for many, many years now - I think it is safe to say it is in the blood now. Of recent years I have searched the Internet extensively for rental accommodation, and I am pretty good at it by now.

Anyway, my searches at this time, this year, have not produced anything like the numbers of available properties to rent as in previous years - I would say well below 50%. Not good news, I know, but as an aficionado of PP it is very sad for me.

I do hope that good sense will prevail!!

Hopefully we will be back again soon.

katsmum 19-09-2017 19:00

Silly question I know but is it likely that PP will be deserted next summer

Tangoman 19-09-2017 19:13

|Deserted

No, I don't think so - there are still a lot, Many, who will go to PP whatever!! However, the numbers would appear to be less than the last few years - maybe not a bad thing in high season. But, if you haven't booked, wait and see, but I guess many of you guys out there who search the net will have discovered the same thing as me - I can't say that I blame the apartment owners, they didn't ask to risk a 40 grand fine after all.

Again, hopefully good sense from the Politicians will prevail.

Good luck!!

Roy&Myra 20-09-2017 10:56

Looked at pictures of 35 years ago.Old Fiats and donkey carts along the front.
Give it a couple of years and the Port might return to those times if the powers to be have there way.
Still it was very cheap, then and as now the Locals were glad to serve us and appreciated our support.Can Mallorca go back to the Peseta as well ????

pips 20-09-2017 11:45

We always fly easyJet, and their flights are out very soon, but I will not be booking until the situation becomes clearer, EU, Madrid, intervention? Madrid have their hands full at the moment with the referendum business , so I think private apartments are the last thing on their minds, unfortunately for us.

Grandad 20-09-2017 11:46

Ryannair ? Oh Dear, lets hope they honour the booking. What a fiasco O'Leary is creating.