Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By CharlieV
  • 1 Post By Gp1602
  • 3 Post By copper
  • 2 Post By copper
  • 1 Post By Sherberts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2017, 21:45

Default Thomson flights - shocking customer service

Just in case anyone reading this is thinking about booking a Thomson flight, my advice is DON'T! We booked our July 2017 flight with Thomson back in October. We chose a flight with them because of the great lunchtime flight times. A few weeks back I logged on to add my luggage and got a shock to find the airline had changed to Air Europa and the flight times had changed to really awful early ones. I rang to complain, they said I should have had an email but there was an issue with their system, then they just quoted their Ts and Cs to me.

I had only just got over that mess up, when today I rang them to pay to add my husbands bike to the booking (something you can do very easily on line with all the other main airlines). But with Thomson it turned into a complete fiasco. They said they couldn't add it on their system so I would have to call Air Europa myself to sort it out. I rang Air Europa only to be told no, the booking was with Thomson so I'd have to sort it out with them. So I'm back to square one. I have expressed my annoyance to Thomson and asked for a refund, only to have them say Ts and Cs say "no refunds". Now starting to wonder what else will go wrong with this flight....never booking with them again
Jimbo the Jambo likes this.

Last edited by CharlieV; 06-04-2017 at 22:23. Reason: Typo
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2017, 08:54

We had this last year with Thomson. We booked last minute and when it was confirmed it was all Air Europa however it was fine. I think it is comon practice for Thomson to do this listening to other passengers.
The change of flight time however is not on. We didn't experience that at all
And if you lose out I think it's unreasonable you should be expected
to accept it. Can't they offer you an alternative flight?
I hope nothing else goes wrong and you have a lovely holiday 😊
CharlieV likes this.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:54

We go with Thomson twice a year from Bournemouth to PP and use them because each year we come there is a French Air Traffic strike or go slow and so far they still fly perhaps late but still go wheras Easyjet and Ryanair are often cancelled

It does cost us more and the other annoying thing is you pay for your seats when you book but cant book them until 90days before your retrurn flight ! This means if you book 7 days you get a choice before someone booking 10 or 14 No idea why they do this but have seen complaints on Trip Advisor Air Traffic section

They have also not advisded us when there have been changes Think their computer system is out of date and considering they are TUI they shouldnt be !!

A friend who had flights with them as part of a package with someone else wasnt advisded of change of times and therefore got to the airport too late to fly ! It took days to sort out new flights and who was responsible it went as far as ABTA complaints and they still got nowhere Packages now are apparantly seperate components ! They had booked a package because they thought they were safer !

I hope you sort something out with them We have a flight to Lanzarote with Easyjet in a few weeks and we have been told they are useing Airlynx instead Check in the same seats the same so OK with us We have been advisded in good time so fine Worst people we have flown with BA always change airports dates time for us so dont bother to book with them now

Useing Ryanair for the first time in ages this Xmas so we shall see !!
roig cat, CharlieV and Gp1602 like this.
Old 10-04-2017, 17:27

Cooper, just to add that Thomson now let you choose seats at booking IF you have chosen extra leg room, extra space of Premium. They haven't advertised this much but it does say it on the confirmation email.
Old 10-04-2017, 18:15

Thank you but as we are shorties and it is a short flight we just book standard seats !
roig cat and Gp1602 like this.
Old 18-04-2017, 14:11

Similar thing happened to us. Difference is they changed the date and just emailed it to me rather than ring me first. We've booked an apartment via owner's direct so had to contact them to make sure it was still available a day earlier. I'm praying there are no other changes.......
Tommo likes this.