Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By alcanadakid
  • 2 Post By alcanadakid
  • 1 Post By Tiggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-02-2017, 14:35

Default Easyjet hand carry

For those of you who only take hand carry on Easyjet, you may be interested to know that you can check this in as "voluntary check in" at the check in desk.

This avoids the scramble for locker space once aboard. The only downside is waiting for it to be delivered on the carousel.

Easyjet offered this at Christmas but then withdrew it. However, they tell me it is available on all flights. For automated check in such as Gatwick you need to contact a member of EJ staff at check in and they will use an app on their mobile device to sanction it. It is free of charge.

Some of you may have been doing this for ages, but for us it is new and takes a lot of stress out of boarding. No need to be at the front of the queue to secure locker space.
Bootledodger and bobley like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 28-06-2017, 21:06

Well that little wheeze didn't last long!

EasyJet have now added "Hands Free" which allows you to check in your handcarry as I mentioned previously - but now there is a charge of €5 per person flying from Palma. It hasn't been rolled out to all airports yet, just Palma and Liverpool apparently.

You can stiil check it in at the gate free of charge if they are looking for volunteers, but that is not assured.

€5 is not a great amount but I suspect it won't stay at that for long.
Tommo and Bootledodger like this.
Old 01-07-2017, 18:42

My wife has special assistance when flying with EasyJet and as we normally only travel with cabin baggage I usually ask for it to go in the hold - makes it much easier to push wheelchair etc.

So I was a bit taken aback yesterday to be asked for 10 euros for two bags. I explained that often it made the job of the special assistance staff easier if I was 'hands-free' to help but this was not accepted as a valid reason.
Old 02-07-2017, 15:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckjon View Post
My wife has special assistance when flying with EasyJet and as we normally only travel with cabin baggage I usually ask for it to go in the hold - makes it much easier to push wheelchair etc.

So I was a bit taken aback yesterday to be asked for 10 euros for two bags. I explained that often it made the job of the special assistance staff easier if I was 'hands-free' to help but this was not accepted as a valid reason.
I took my Mum also in her own wheelchair back in April/May. This was their new policy. We were like you charged both ways although my mother's bag was only a very small cabin bag. It must be difficult for those needing assistance to now travel alone as the 'full' assistance seems to be somewhat limited/reduced with Easyjet. I wonder if the other airlines are now similar. To be honest we didn't find Easyjet to be 'wheelchair friendly'. We had to request they note and label Mum's chair as her own too.
Old 02-07-2017, 19:58

We travelled by Monarch in June, my mum needed assistance and they were excellent in Manchester and Palma.
Old 03-07-2017, 15:32

Assistance at the Airport is supplied by an agent of the airport and NOT the Airline -

Arriving and departing at Palma airport can present challenges for Passengers with Reduced Mobility – PRM. At Palma airport virtually all of the assistance services required will be without charge.

If you are disabled or have reduced mobility or perhaps your mobility has recently become an issue, how can you benefit from passenger assistance at Palma Airport?

All European airports have a responsibility to provide assistance for passengers with reduced mobility. Palma airport uses a service to help with assistance called ‘Sin Barreras’ which basically means without barriers. See page ‘Sin Barreras’ Palma Airport.
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 04-07-2017, 15:53

Assistance regarding checking in wheelchairs and disability items is the responsibility of the airline. Also, when we boarded the plane the Monarch crew went out of their way to accommodate us.
Old 17-04-2018, 15:38

Just had an email from Easyjet advertising a new 15kg luggage offer for the hold sounds like it could be a good option!!!

"Try our new 15kg hold bag,
From as little as £8.99 (prices vary by route*) the 15kg option gives you room to pack more than just the bare essentials, including liquids over 100ml.
It’s easy to add to your booking, simply click ‘Manage Bookings’ and ‘Add hold items’."

On island time!!
Old 17-04-2018, 16:23

Ive just booked luggage with easy jet Palma to Luton and return cost much more than 8.99, but for onlt a couple of pounds more you can take 23kg !!