Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2016, 10:03

Last year we booked our July and August trips as soon as they were released, but then found they were cheaper much later. In fact we changed our August return just a few weeks before the flight and didn't have to pay any extra which suggested we had paid a premium.

I think the Easyjet model assumes that a lot of people book as soon as they are released and therefore don't offer the cheapest prices.

I know you can claim back if you find the flight cheaper later, but you need to be quite organised to do that. You need to print off the page which shows the individual flight prices before you go to payment. After that you only get a total price which makes it more difficult to argue your case.

We will wait a while before we book. Just before Christmas is a good time as most people are spending on Christmas and not on flights which prompts the airline to offer more attractive prices.

A lot of people book just after Christmas too, so i always avoid that time
lollipop likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2016, 17:55

I wonder if easyJet prices depend upon the UK airport charges? We fly from Liverpool and they are always pretty decent.
Old 04-11-2016, 19:28

Managed to get April flights from Edinburgh cheaper than from NCL and similar to LPL. No travelling, and no overnight stay. This is a first
El Gordo likes this.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:47

We too have booked to and from Edinburgh rather than Newcastle with Easyjet as the price difference is considerable in July and August. We have done this for the past two years. Lovely train ride up the scenic Northumberland coast using the Friends and Family Railcard (discounted price on the train tickets) and then a short Airport Shuttle bus to the airport. Booked last night and got three people from Edinburgh to Palma with seats and 2 pieces of hold luggage for £178.00 for all three of us.

Newcastle prices in the summer are just so steep! Much better though in April, May, June or September, October.
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 05-11-2016, 13:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
We too have booked to and from Edinburgh rather than Newcastle with Easyjet as the price difference is considerable in July and August. We have done this for the past two years. Lovely train ride up the scenic Northumberland coast using the Friends and Family Railcard (discounted price on the train tickets) and then a short Airport Shuttle bus to the airport. Booked last night and got three people from Edinburgh to Palma with seats and 2 pieces of hold luggage for £178.00 for all three of us.

Newcastle prices in the summer are just so steep! Much better though in April, May, June or September, October.
Bekki, that seems like a bargain price for 3 people. What dates are you travelling? Another wee break on the cards perhaps
Old 05-11-2016, 15:52

Going Monarch next year as Easy July prices from Gatwick are crazy !!!!
cumberland8 likes this.
Old 05-11-2016, 16:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekki View Post

We got a similar good deal flying from Edinburgh mid August. We put the price difference (between Scottish and northern England airports) down to Scottish schools going back 2/3 weeks earlier than English schools.

Altogether, a very pleasant experience flying from Edinburgh. Perhaps a wee bit too far from East Lancashire, but if the flight prices are right versus extra travel expenses, worth doing.
ragdollabbi and Bekki like this.
Old 06-11-2016, 21:02

In answer to your question Ragdollabbi..... We fly out from Edinburgh on Tuesday 25th July with Easyjet. Back with Ryanair on 29th August to Edinburgh
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 08-11-2016, 13:47

There are loads of suggestions about saving money on EasyJet flights on Martin Lewis website (moneysavingexpert.com).

18 Easyjet tricks: How to manipulate the budget behemoth - MSE

I got up early on 3rd and booked mid-week return flights from London Southend in June for two people for under £100 in total. I looked on their website in the evening and the price had nearly doubled!
Old 05-12-2016, 11:40

Easyjet Autumn 2017 flights up to 28th October will be released on THURSDAY AM!

On island time!!
Old 20-03-2017, 11:09

Just posted on their FB page

Our Winter 2017/18 flights up to the 4th of February will be released on THURSDAY! Stay tuned…
roig cat likes this.

On island time!!
Old 20-03-2017, 12:52

I'm unsure whether to book early or not? Brexit will no doubt make a lot of people wary about travelling to Europe, the exchange rate may have a considerable impact on the cost. I'm worried that easyJet will initially have high prices knowing some people will think they will only increase and then reduce prices when tickets are slow to sell? They no longer offer their price guarantee. We are not planning to travel at peak times so I'll just take a look, if price is what I expect I'll book, if high I'll wait I suppose. What do others think?
Old 20-03-2017, 12:56

Newcastle is officially the most expensive airport in the UK, according to a recent report!! As a regular user of this airport I can believe it.....
Old 20-03-2017, 14:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by roig cat View Post
I'm unsure whether to book early or not? Brexit will no doubt make a lot of people wary about travelling to Europe, the exchange rate may have a considerable impact on the cost. I'm worried that easyJet will initially have high prices knowing some people will think they will only increase and then reduce prices when tickets are slow to sell? They no longer offer their price guarantee. We are not planning to travel at peak times so I'll just take a look, if price is what I expect I'll book, if high I'll wait I suppose. What do others think?
I think I'd agree with you roig cat. Didn't mind so much when we could use their price guarantee but now, once you're booked, you're booked with no way of getting anything back if fares go down......as no doubt they will
roig cat likes this.
Old 20-03-2017, 14:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Newcastle is officially the most expensive airport in the UK, according to a recent report!! As a regular user of this airport I can believe it.....
We always used NCL in the past but more recently the prices have gone through the roof and we are now looking elsewhere.......even Scotland which was always a no no before We stay midway between Glasgow and Edinburgh airports and until recently very seldomed used them.