Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-10-2013, 15:30
Founder

Default Ryanair announces customer service improvements over next 6 months

Some 'good' news from Ryanair for a change:

Ryanair confirmed that it was introducing the following customer service improvements over the next 6 months to end March 2014.

1. The “Recaptcha” security code will be removed from the Ryanair.com website for individual bookings next week (on 1 Nov next).

2. From 1 Nov, customers who book directly on the Ryanair.com website (i.e. not via travel agents or screenscrapers) will be given a 24 hour grace period from the time of their original booking, to correct any minor errors (i.e. spelling, names, routings) made in their original booking.

3. From 1 Nov, Ryanair will operate “quiet flights”, prior to 8am in the mornings and after 9pm in the evenings. During these quiet flight periods no PA’s will be made on board other than required safety announcements. Ryanair will also dim the lights during these quiet flights so that any customers who wish to snooze, can comfortably do so.

4. From 1 Dec, Ryanair will allow passengers to bring a 2nd small carry-on bag (small ladies handbag or small airport shopping bag) no bigger than 35 x 20 x 20 cms which will allow a bottle of wine or equivalent to be carried.

5. From 1 Dec, Ryanair’s boarding card reissue fee will be cut from €70/£70 to €15/£15 for customers who have already checked in online. Customers who fail to check-in online will continue to pay a €70 airport check-in fee.

6. From 5 Jan, Ryanair’s standard airport bag fees will be cut from €60/£60 to €30/£30 at the bag drop desk, and from €60/£60 to €50/£50 at the boarding gate, bringing them into line with competitor airline standard airport bag fees.
Sponsored Links
Old 25-10-2013, 19:02

That is very good news and about time !! Perhaps people have been voting with their feet and opting for other airlines

Im sure Easyjet will have to change their ways as well now !!
Old 25-10-2013, 22:10
Banned

Good news indeed but it's nothing special. Their passenger numbers are down and this is their way of building them up. Don't be fooled by such rhetoric.
pollensafan likes this.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:49
Founder

And even more changes:

"Ryanair is moving to fully-allocated seating on all flights from February 1.

Passengers who want to avoid paying a €5 fee to select their preferred seat will be allocated a seat 24 hours prior to departure."

See Ryanair moves to fully-allocated seating - www.travelweekly.co.uk
Mark, Sparky, Lorenzo and 1 others like this.
Old 04-11-2013, 13:05

Default Ryanair

Allocated seating - now that is good news and will hopefully prevent the normal scrum when you go on board one of their flights.
jiggggy, Sparky and lollipop like this.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:02

I may be getting cynical of Ryanair, but whats the betting that if you don't pay for an allocated seat, the ones they allocate you 24 hours before departure will NEVER be together! Just another way of bumping the fares up.
pollensafan, Nick, eleanor and 1 others like this.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:28
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
I may be getting cynical of Ryanair, but whats the betting that if you don't pay for an allocated seat, the ones they allocate you 24 hours before departure will NEVER be together! Just another way of bumping the fares up.
Doesn't easyjet do the same now i.e. you can pay for a specific seat or they allocate one randomly on check-in with no guarantee of seating you together?
lollipop likes this.
Old 05-11-2013, 15:07

Come on Barefoot would the lovely Mr O Leary be as underhand as that ?????????
pollensafan and Nick like this.
Old 05-11-2013, 19:30

One positive is that my seat will cost €5 instead of £15 if I book it just now.
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 05-11-2013, 21:51
Banned

Just another Ryanair scam to get more money out of you. How can people not see that?

What happens for example if my wife and I choose not to pay more money and my 5 year old can't get a seat with either of us because there's only single seats left?
pollensafan likes this.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:21

This has worked really well on all the Easyjet flights we have done since they went over to allocated seating Much more relaxed

I dont think £5 is too bad personally not to have to stand and queue forever and be knocked over in the scrum It is much cheaper than Thomsons !
pollensa, sws97sdg and Mark like this.
Old 06-11-2013, 13:05

I agree the we can all do without the obligatory rugby scrum, but why have they all started to charge everyone? seems to forget not so many moons ago it was automatic one was allocated a seat on every airline ,now we do all the work on our computers & they get paid for it, we have all become soft.I can tell you that the 5 nicker will become 10 in a very short space of time,where does this nonsense end?
You should know my thoughts on Ryan rip offs by now ,but me & my whole family refuse to use them & are nothing short of delighted to pay more to go on other airlines rather than give them our hard earned.
pollensafan likes this.
Old 06-11-2013, 17:03

...........I agree the we can all do without the obligatory rugby scrum, but why have they all started to charge everyone? ..............

Its so they can keep the headline rate as low as possible.

As a result, after paying all the extras, you don't know is you got a good deal or not!!
ragdollabbi likes this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 07-11-2013, 17:47

Please !!!! Does anyone believe Mr O would be doing any of this if his profits were not taking a nosedive. Pure coincidence is it that all the time he was raking in the money he couldn't care less what any of his passengers thought, and then when the old profits take a dip he turns into "Mr Customer is king" over night. I don't think so. Put these words in order Leopard,spots, change and never.
If it wasn't for the fact that he has a monopoly in certain airports he would have gone under long ago.
Nick likes this.
Old 07-11-2013, 19:44

I will not use Ryanair ever again, last time i used them, actually to Palma, we had seats two rows from the back. the drinks trolley didn't reach us and when the stewardess passed i asked very politely was it normal for people in the back rows to not get offered refreshment?? Her reply was "If you think you can do better you put my uniform on", Have to say i was really gob-smacked!!!
Actually my daughter in laws brother is a pilot for them and i don,t think he thinks much of them!!!!!!