Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-2013, 20:54

Default Easyjet flights

We have booked a cheap flight one way for October and are now looking at return flights. Does anyone know if you book connecting flights with Easyjet (PMI / LTN / GLA) what happens, if for example the PMI /LTN flight was delayed and we missed the connecting flight. Do we have any rights and would we automatically be transferred to the next flight. Have emailed Easyjet about this but so far had no answer. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 29-04-2013, 10:22

If the connecting flight is what they call a legal connection IE 2 hours between landing and departure. And you have booked both flights on the same booking so the booking shows the flight and the connecting flight then you should be covered. And they would be obliged to put you on the next flight without charge. however if you have made 2 separate bookings then you probably will not be and if you fail to make the connection then you would have to find and buy a new flight for the second leg. I often fly from Palma to the USA and have to connect in either Madrid or Barcelona this was fine when Span air was alive as ticket was always through ticket but now I have to book separate connecting flights and often face this problem. hope this helps you
lollipop likes this.
Old 29-04-2013, 16:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6699 View Post
If the connecting flight is what they call a legal connection IE 2 hours between landing and departure. And you have booked both flights on the same booking so the booking shows the flight and the connecting flight then you should be covered. And they would be obliged to put you on the next flight without charge. however if you have made 2 separate bookings then you probably will not be and if you fail to make the connection then you would have to find and buy a new flight for the second leg. I often fly from Palma to the USA and have to connect in either Madrid or Barcelona this was fine when Span air was alive as ticket was always through ticket but now I have to book separate connecting flights and often face this problem. hope this helps you
Thanks for that information although I'm not sure whether it would be covered or not. I have just phone Easyjet and was told that I wouldn't be covered. The two flights would be made on the same booking, therefore I would assume it would be one booking reference and I would have thought therefore it would be ok. We'll see if Easyjet respond to my email though
Old 17-05-2013, 13:53

Just had this from Easyjet, this is to try and get around most people taking only hand luggage I suppose

You may carry one item of cabin baggage only, measuring a maximum 56 x 45 x 25cm (including wheels, pockets and handles).

Overhead locker space on board our aircraft is limited, which means on busy flights we’re not always able to fit everyone’s cabin bag on board. So to make things fair, we’re introducing a cabin bag guarantee from 2 July.

From 2 July, if you bring ONE piece of cabin baggage no bigger than 50 x40 x 20cm including handles and wheels, we guarantee it will always travel with you either in the overhead locker or, if necessary, under the seat in front of you.

You can still choose to bring ONE slightly bigger bag up to the maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels, but on some busy flights your bag may have to go into the hold.

Or, if you’re an easyJet Plus cardholder, Flexi fare, easyJet Plus Upfront or Extra Legroom customer:

You’re allowed ONE piece of cabin baggage no bigger than 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels. Overhead locker space is limited so please use easyJet Plus Speedy Boarding to board first in order to secure space in the overhead lockers.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NEW CABIN BAG GUARANTEE ONLY APPLIES FROM 2 JULY 2013.

On island time!!
Old 17-05-2013, 14:35

I have read of more and more people having to put their hand luggage in the hold on Easyjet so something was going to have to happen as a lot of arguments were occuring at the gates

We recently travelled with Thomson and as you could only take 5kg of hand luggage it was nice not to have everyone struggling to get luggage in the lockers
Old 17-05-2013, 14:45

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
Just had this from Easyjet, this is to try and get around most people taking only hand luggage I suppose

You may carry one item of cabin baggage only, measuring a maximum 56 x 45 x 25cm (including wheels, pockets and handles).

Overhead locker space on board our aircraft is limited, which means on busy flights we’re not always able to fit everyone’s cabin bag on board. So to make things fair, we’re introducing a cabin bag guarantee from 2 July.

From 2 July, if you bring ONE piece of cabin baggage no bigger than 50 x40 x 20cm including handles and wheels, we guarantee it will always travel with you either in the overhead locker or, if necessary, under the seat in front of you.

You can still choose to bring ONE slightly bigger bag up to the maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels, but on some busy flights your bag may have to go into the hold.

Or, if you’re an easyJet Plus cardholder, Flexi fare, easyJet Plus Upfront or Extra Legroom customer:

You’re allowed ONE piece of cabin baggage no bigger than 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels. Overhead locker space is limited so please use easyJet Plus Speedy Boarding to board first in order to secure space in the overhead lockers.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NEW CABIN BAG GUARANTEE ONLY APPLIES FROM 2 JULY 2013.
not complicated at all then lol like its not hard enough for some people to book flights print boarding passes etc now they will need to learn the hand luggage manual. The frequent flyers most valuable tool it appears now is a tape measure. Strange isn't it that before airlines worked out that an easy way to cream more money from people was to charge silly money for them to take luggage with them, there was tons of room inside the over head bins. completely BARMY
lollipop and varsp like this.
Old 17-05-2013, 16:28

Are they then going to charge you if your bag is one of the larger ones and has to go into the hold?
Old 17-05-2013, 17:10

No they say it will be free. Thinking about it, what they are saying is that anyone paying for seats will get on as SB and will have space for larger bags in overhead lockers, everyone else will be able to take a smaller bag but maybe not a larger one, they must have measured under the seats so that they can ensure they would have room either in overhead or under every seat, I think that's what it means

On island time!!
Old 17-05-2013, 17:32

I wish they would just include the price of luggage in the cost of the flight and then that would be it over and done with......apologies to everyone who only travels with hand luggage tho
Old 17-05-2013, 18:15

LOL as I said not complicated at all then lol like its not hard enough for some people to book flights print boarding passes etc now they will need to learn the hand luggage manual. The frequent flyers most valuable tool it appears now is a tape measure. Strange isn't it that before airlines worked out that an easy way to cream more money from people was to charge silly money for them to take luggage with them, there was tons of room inside the over head bins. completely BARMY
Old 17-05-2013, 19:38
Banned

The days of flying being enjoyable now appear to be long gone? So many passengers take carry-on luggage that it is becoming a big problem with overhead locker storage. The low-cost airlines want us to use carry-on because it's cheaper for them but the lockers are now not fit for purpose.

Passengers are getting frustrated and a problem that I can foresee is planes losing their flying slots because we're all getting frustrated at where we're going to put our luggage thereby delaying take off. They need to sort it out and quickly. The only answer I can see is to increase the locker sizes but that will cost.

Last edited by Nick; 17-05-2013 at 19:42.
Old 17-05-2013, 23:24

SB is allocated to those who have pre booked front rows or extra leg room seats. Having seen the size some of the items of hand luggage that some people bring then it was only a matter of time before some sort of restriction was put in place -
varsp likes this.

Eating Out
Old 18-05-2013, 00:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
The days of flying being enjoyable now appear to be long gone? So many passengers take carry-on luggage that it is becoming a big problem with overhead locker storage. The low-cost airlines want us to use carry-on because it's cheaper for them but the lockers are now not fit for purpose.

Passengers are getting frustrated and a problem that I can foresee is planes losing their flying slots because we're all getting frustrated at where we're going to put our luggage thereby delaying take off. They need to sort it out and quickly. The only answer I can see is to increase the locker sizes but that will cost.

Nickpaulanoah, The only answer is for the airlines to give up trying to fleece their customers for a extra few bob and allow a sensible luggage restriction, these overhead lockers were never designed for the amount of squeezing they take on a flight. What next? banning hand luggage all together, with us all parading about PP for 2 weeks with the clothes we arrived in
Nick and varsp like this.
Old 18-05-2013, 06:36

What next? A downgrading to 5kgs on each item of hand baggage and the rules on size strictly administered at the gate as done by Ryannair. The airlines affected have brought this on themselves by showing a blind eye to hand baggage for many years. Easyjet is the first to tighten up, I tip Monarch to be the next.
Old 18-05-2013, 08:00

If they give you a luggage allowance the basic price will go up as Im sure now theyve stopped the ridiculous credit card charges ( or supposed to have !!) the flight price must have increased

They are in it for a profit as of course they are a business !!! I dont have any idea how their profits compare with other companies We have felt that Easyjet has tried to move away from Ryanairs stlye of treating you ! and been very happy of late with our flights with easyjet

Consistency would be nice though ! Some airports are so strict others dont bother to weigh or check hand luggage sizes Malaga Airport is like being checked to go to prison ! Probably the plaqce we have seen the most luggage arguments ! Does amaze me that people will pay extra £30 or £40 excess baggage to bring back a couple of dirty beach towels !!!!!!

With Thomson we were checked going out to Lanzarote for hand luggage ( weighed and labeled first but coming back No checks !! and some people had a lot !