Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 11:24

Default Caves to visit

Apart from the Caves of Drach, which is a fair old drive away and just a touch too touristy after you have done them about 6 times with the kids when they were younger - which local caves have been visited recently and give a good couple of hours interest? Not too much of a drive, and not necessarily just for children, although with a group of 4 20 somethings they may act like it!
Old 07-08-2010, 12:03

Coves de Campanet

*** Coves de campanet *** Mallorca

were pretty good, but this was back in 2001!
Old 07-08-2010, 12:16
Super Moderator

I am told that the caves at Arta are much better than the Caves of Drach, they have a website C U E V A S D E A R T À
Old 07-08-2010, 13:05

We visit the Caves of Campanet each year - not necessarily for the tour of the caves which are smaller than Drac but still quite beautiful - but for the location itself. Having a drink on the terrace and enjoying the beautiful views of the countryside is a holiday must for us.

There is also a small colony of cats (and sometimes kittens) but they don't make a nuisance of themselves so shouldn't be a problem for those who are allergic or just don't like our feline friends.

And the best bit is it is only 15-20 mins drive from PP.
Old 07-08-2010, 14:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn View Post
We visit the Caves of Campanet each year - not necessarily for the tour of the caves which are smaller than Drac but still quite beautiful - but for the location itself. Having a drink on the terrace and enjoying the beautiful views of the countryside is a holiday must for us.

There is also a small colony of cats (and sometimes kittens) but they don't make a nuisance of themselves so shouldn't be a problem for those who are allergic or just don't like our feline friends.

And the best bit is it is only 15-20 mins drive from PP.
We love the Campanet Caves for exactly the same reasons as you, Marilyn. The caves are interesting, but the setting is superb. And my granddaughter and I love the cats - which are domestic, not feral.

If you do go the Caves at Arta, be sure to stop off and visit the castle at Capdepera. We ended up in Capdepera purely by chance and had a lovely lunch in the sleepy, untouristy, little square - followed by a climb up narrow little steps to the castle, with amazing views from the ramparts out to the sea and surrounding countryside. Magic.
Old 07-08-2010, 19:09

Smile Caves to Visit

We visit the caves at Campenet each year to sample the amazing view, there is a fantastic terrace where you can sit with a drink and just chill. The cats are an added bonus, they are domesticated and the females have all been neutered now, so there wont be any more kittens. It's a truly beautiful place just 15 mins or so from PP.
Old 07-08-2010, 19:13

Agree with the others Bella - get yourself to Campenet. you won't be disappointed!
Old 07-08-2010, 21:30
Under Moderation

I've been too and they are good, if you don't like cats you can ignore them also they are near to pollensa. Belladonna you should go and have a good day out as we did!

Last edited by Kym; 07-08-2010 at 21:33.
Old 07-08-2010, 21:35
Under Moderation

I did mean the caves are near pollensa not the cats although I've seen lots there too.
Old 07-08-2010, 23:19

Campanet caves are lovely - very few people - lovely setting - just a really relaxing day, or half day, out with amazing views. Somewhere I have some photos but for the life of me I cannot remember if they are on the hard drive, the disk drive, the car drive or a CD...or the external hard drive or the.....

If I find them I will post...now, where do I start looking....
Old 08-08-2010, 00:06

Thanks everyone. Campanet it is then. Will be passing this info onto my son, his girlfriend and 2 others who are over a week before us for them to go to. We have not done the trip to the castle ourselves, so thanks for that information too! Dont you just love it when a plan comes together?!
Old 09-08-2010, 15:08

Hi,

What is the entrance fee for Campanet caves?
Old 09-08-2010, 16:47

We went to Campanet again too and it is lovely. We go every year but don't always go down the caves and we didn't this year. It is just a lovely place to go and have a drink.

I am not a cat person but I have to say that the cats there are very cute. We took a few tins of tuna up and they were very happy. They actually have a facility to leave a donation now to help with the upkeep of the cats (minimum 1.5 Euro donation) and you can take away a lovely card which shows all the different cats.

If you're not a cat person, ignore them and just go down the caves!
Old 09-08-2010, 18:05

Default Caves to Visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by geejaybee View Post
Hi,

What is the entrance fee for Campanet caves?
I am afraid that I cannot remember the cost. The link below will take you to a short video and 10% discount voucher.

Caves Campanet|Mallorca TV Teleweb|Excursion,geologic treasure,Valle Sant Miquel,visit Mallorca,vacation Mallorca
Old 10-08-2010, 22:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa07 View Post
We went to Campanet again too and it is lovely. We go every year but don't always go down the caves and we didn't this year. It is just a lovely place to go and have a drink.
Couldn't agree more . The terrace at Campanet early evening is one of the nicest spots on the island. Nothing like breaking the return trip to Palma for a coffee there . The lovely countryside with the bells of the goats ringing in the fields below, it really is special.

BonyLadette is going to throw a few of me ashes there when I join Heaven.com's forum and yup she's counting the days !!!!

BonysLad