Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 11:27

Default Day out in palma - any recommendations?

We have to go to Palma during our Easter PP trip to sort out our lost NIE numbers... assuming this won't take the whole day, does anyone have any recommendations for stuff to do in Palma which children might enjoy? We were thinking of having lunch there and then perhaps going to the Aquarium in the afternoon but is this too far to drive in the time?

Restaurant recommendations would be particularly welcome - it would need to be somewhere central. Haven't been to Palma for years but when we used to go we always parked in the Mercat Oliver car park (under the big fish market).
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2010, 11:54

In my opinion, Palma Aquarium can take up virtually a whole day on its own! There is so much to see, with also a pretty good restaurant there too. You are also right next to the coast with plenty of little juice/drink kiosks along the way.
You could also do the open top bus tour and choose where you get off - perhaps the Spanish Village. No idea re resturants in Palma though!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:06

That sounds great - will probably spend as much of the day as is left at the Aquarium then. Is the Spanish Village actually in Palma?
Old 10-03-2010, 12:39

Boat trip around the harbour/marina - boat leaves from quay opposite the Cathedral. Some fantastic boats moored in the marina to look at - buy something to eat/drink before you go - the drinks and food on the boat can be a little warm! Takes around an hour. Ignore the parking touts ~ they claim to find you a parking space for around 2 euro but if you wait you will soon find one yourself. From memory trip is 10 euro for adults and 5 euro for children but check its a few years since I've used it.

Restaurants on the Paseo are generally good (totally ignore the tapas places on the harbour side as quality is poor and prices high) .... there are a couple of good Italian places with great pizzas/pasta and parking is free on the main road.

Last edited by Sun Properties; 10-03-2010 at 12:41. Reason: Added restaurants.
Old 10-03-2010, 14:35

Try this link - Spanish Village at bottom of page.

Guide to Mallorca - Majorca - What to see in Palma
Old 10-03-2010, 18:30

We had a nice lunch a few years ago in the Plaza Major ....... we thought it would be arip off but it was really noice and reasonable prices ...... don;t know name but if you stand in the square and look in the direction of the Sea it is on the side with its back to the sea ...... if that makes sense

Having said that if you have children with you they will love the Aquarium and as someone has already said the food in the restaurant was fine and reasonable in price

perhaps arrive mid morning and start with the inside of the Aquarium then have Lunch , then the "outside" bit of the aquaruim ( you will know what I mean when you get there )

I recon you will be out by about 3pm and that shoudl give you some time to have a stroll along by the boats
Old 11-03-2010, 09:47

Lunch at Corte Ingles, the large departmental store near Plaza Espania, is very good. It's a typical spanish buffet (including the biggest paella I have ever seen), all you can eat for 12€ (that was 2 years ago, hope they still do it).

Regarding the tour bus, check the prices, we found it would have worked out quite expensive, especially for a family of 4.
Old 11-03-2010, 15:48

Thanks for all these great suggestions - I suspect we will probably shoot off to the Aquarium as soon as we are free, and do the Spanish village another day - perhaps with lunch in El Corte Ingles afterwards!
Old 13-03-2010, 09:28

A great tip for lunch in Palma is head to the Area of Santa Catalina...there are numerous place to eat and believe you me are the best.. my friend lives there ann so I get a great insight it to where to eat...if you want to know I will email you where to goooooo!!!!
Old 13-03-2010, 18:57

How about a caleche? (I think that's what they are called?) Anyway, a horse drawn carriage tour of the old town. Our kids loved it. Was 30 euros for about an hour I recall. Usually always available outside the cathedral.