Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-2008, 12:24

Default Reputable excursion company

Hi guys,

In previous years abroad, I've always used the reps for excursions (mainly because i got them for free) but this year but my excursion contact cant do anything for me in Majorca.

Does anyone know of a reputable firm to book with? I'm particularly interested in visiting soller and perhaps some other evening or half day excursions.

Many thanks

Lee
Sponsored Links
Old 23-05-2008, 12:38
Founder

Have a look at our Out & About page - http://www.puertopollensa.com/excursions-majorca.html as we do list various options there.

For Soller, it is quite easy & enjoyable to do this yourself by bus, train, tram etc. - there is a description on the same page.
Old 23-05-2008, 13:05

Apologies, i posted and have just found the same page you referred to. I really should know better

Incidentally, is there any significant saving on going the trip to Soller as a DIY job? I'm petrified of the girlfirend should we get lost... there is a high chance i may not get out alive! Is getting from the bus stop to the train station self explanatory?

Last edited by Aeropars; 23-05-2008 at 13:11.
Old 23-05-2008, 15:25

Default Excursions

You will find "No Frills Excursions" in the "out and about" section that pollensa has pointed out.
They seem to be using the Villa Parade offices on the sea front near to El Ancla. You may be able to book there as well as on their web-site.

I hope this is useful.

Frito
Old 23-05-2008, 20:48

No frills are excellent - purely english speaking excursion company based in alcudia but picking up clients daily from PP. They have the Island tour trip which includes the 1912 mountain railway express to Soller, the tram between the town and the port and also the fun boat trip around to La Calobra. Also a new trip this year called Mountain Experience which is very well priced and gives you free time in Lluch and soller. Several places in PP can book these trips for you or you can contact them direct.
p.s. the public bus is reliable - providing you buy a return ticket - and are at the bus stop in plenty of time!! Only one bus a day - departs Port de Pollença at 1000hrs and departs Soller at 1500hrs if I remember correctly.
Have a great time, however you go there.
Old 24-05-2008, 08:19

I think a trip to Soller is a must. We had a brillian diy day out on the 10 am public bus (which stops en route at the Lluc Monestary for an hour) to Pto Soller (2hrs); bite to eat then back to Soller by the tram at 1:30 . Got the 2 pm train from Soller station through the orange groves to Palma. You can then spend a couple of hours in Palma (shop, explore or just people watch) without the hassle of parking and getting lost and then travel back to PP by train and bus via Sa Pobla. It's a long day but you see some beautiful countryside.

Do check the times I have given with the latest timetables, they may have changed this year. Cannot remember total cost but buses and trains are much cheaper than in the UK. I think the most expensive part was the train from Soller to Palma - about 8 euros each.

However you go I do not think you will be disappointed.

Marilyn
Old 25-05-2008, 17:26

Marilyn I would also do that enjoy your day.
Old 27-05-2008, 14:05

Is there anywhere I can find out a bit more on the routes ect and where the busses/trains depart from? I like to have it set in stone before i go otherwise i'll only get lost then start getting ear ache from the girlfriend

Last edited by Aeropars; 27-05-2008 at 14:43.
Old 27-05-2008, 23:25

Default getting lost

All quite easy, Bus from PP goes from the roundabout

Tram from Puerto Soller is right on seafront, can;t really miss it

The Tram goes directly to the Station in Soller

Then the train out of Palma goes from station next door to the one that you come in at

Anyway ............ if you are afraid of getting an earbashing ........... take a tip from a woman and let the girlfriend plan the trip .... then it can't be your fault can it !
Old 28-05-2008, 16:28

Thanks for the info!

Do the public transport drivers speak English or should I be looking at my Spanish phrase book?