Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2006, 06:55
Michael

Default Football clubs

Are there any other football clubs on the island, except RCD Mallorca?

I'm coming over there for the first couple of weeks on August, i know the season doesn't start untill september. I am looking for information of any friendly matches that may be played?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2006, 07:19
ChrisLox

There's also Athletico Baleares but don't know where they play. (however I think its somewhwere in Palma!) Puerto Pollenca also has its own team right at the end of Bellresguard near the air base.
Old 25-07-2006, 03:11
hoopy

Are there any residents who go regularly to see real De Mallorca? Is it a good day/nite? Can you pay in at the ground or do you need a ticket etc.
Old 25-07-2006, 17:41

My husband would be interested in the response to this. He always keeps an eye on where Mallorca are in the league, and would love to see a game.
Old 25-07-2006, 19:02

Ah, now here's my field of expertise! A night at Son Moix to watch Real Mallorca is terrific, and there are always tickets available on the night except possibly when Real Madrid or Barcelona are in town. The running track is a bit irritating view-wise, but the atmosphere is great among the locals - and they're very welcome to the thousands of tourists who come to most home games. The price varies according to the opposition - rarely less than 20 quid though, choice of sun or shade, shade much dearer. I'd recommend Baja Sol - the lower half of the biggest stand.

The ground is easy to find - off the motorway onto the northbound Via Cintura, and turn off when you can see the floodlights (the junction for Puigpunyent, or the one after.)

At a lower level, there's a decent 3rd Division team in Sa Pobla called Poblense who play in a concrete bowl on the edge of the town. Only a fiver or so to get in, very welcoming if a little wide-eyed that any foreigner would bother! Aupa Mallorca!
Old 26-07-2006, 19:16

Default football clubs

is there a website for fixtures?
Old 26-07-2006, 21:04

Default Re: football clubs

Graham, the club's website is www.rcdmallorca.es and is available in three languages, but beware. All weekend league fixtures are listed in advance as being on a Sunday, but that's not necessarily the case. The day and time of fixtures is rarely decided until the Monday or Tuesday before the game after all the TV companies have been consulted. So an evening arrival on a Saturday could mean you miss that weekend's game.

Also try sports newspaper websites marca.com or as.com for up to date information.
Old 27-07-2006, 00:02
hoopy

Default Re: football clubs

Thanks for all that spud. Is there a PP/Alcudia supporters bus that goes to RCDM? We are coming over in October for ten days and I would love to see a game, although I am aware that they may not be playing at home on that given w/end.
Old 31-07-2006, 13:45
Michael

Thanks for the help, i'll look into it further. I'm not too sure there will be any games yet though.

Going tomorrow :rollin
Old 20-03-2007, 23:42
senora pod

Would love to take my 15 year old son to a match over Easter anyone know of any matches taking place? Capital or local?