Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

Like Tree15Likes
  • 8 Post By whaleywanderer
  • 1 Post By pollensa
  • 2 Post By Belladonna
  • 1 Post By ragdollabbi
  • 2 Post By Rosie34
  • 1 Post By Gommar Goffer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-05-2014, 21:59

Default A trip to Lluc and Sa Colobra

I am busy researching my intended trip to Lluc in a few weeks. I am planning to go by bus and wondered if anyone could recommend whether to take the 354 route or 355. Not worried so much costs in terms of fares but more about route. Have looked for reviews but none really to be had. Also the 355 ends in Sa Colobra. Is this worth a visit and what about the beach. Again views I have read are patchy. Any advice would be gratefully welcomed.
Sponsored Links
Old 26-05-2014, 09:15

Hi Bekki

The 354 bus goes to Soller, whereas the 355 bus goes to Sa Calobra. They both stop at Lluc, the Sa Colobra bus stops there for 1 hour and gives you plenty of time to look around the monastery and grounds., before continuing its journey down into Sa Calobra. The Soller bus does not stop for long (as far as I can remember). From Lluc the buses follow different routes, obviously one going to Soller the other going to Sa Calobra.

We did the SaCalobra trip last week and thoroughly enjoyed it, the ride through the mountains is beautiful. The bus leaves the main bus stop in PP at 10:00 and arrives Lluc approx 10:50, leaving for SaCalobra at 11:50 and arrives SaCalobra approx 12:50. The bus back leaves at 15:00.

The time there gives you plenty of time to strol down to Torrent de Parais, which is a unique experience and then back in SaCalobra have a bite to eat before your journey back to PP. Sa Calobra itself is a small pebble cove and very pretty.

In my opinion a lovely journey and well worth taking to experience Torrent de Parais. Details of the bus fares can be found to the left of this page under 'buses and trains'. Hope this helps you with your decision.

Last edited by pollensa; 26-05-2014 at 12:46. Reason: Added link to buses
Old 26-05-2014, 12:40

The bus trip sounds good! Not hiring a car in July...can't see the buses & trains bit Whaley....can you rememember approx how much it was...thanks!!
Old 26-05-2014, 12:49
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by animagic21 View Post
The bus trip sounds good! Not hiring a car in July...can't see the buses & trains bit Whaley....can you rememember approx how much it was...thanks!!
All the info including current prices is on our 'Buses & Trains' page (on the main puertopollensa.com website). I've added the link above but you can see all the pages on the website in the left-hand column of every page. Buses & Trains is under 'Once You're There'.
animagic21 likes this.
Old 26-05-2014, 13:44

The trip to Sa Calobra is well worth it but be warned, it's not for the faint hearted. The road is really bendy and quite treacherous in places but like I said, well worth it!
Old 27-05-2014, 10:10

The bus driver does this drive everyday and obviously knows every bend etc. The hairpin bends towards the end of the journey just add a bit more to an already unique experience (IMO!). I would agree though not very good if you suffer from travel sickness.
Old 27-05-2014, 11:15

Thanks for the info Ww, its good to read about an actual trip done recently. Hubby always drives, but still manages to comment on the views!!! Am definitely going to strongly hint about the bus journeys, if only to save my voice ... "KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD!!"
pollensa and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 27-05-2014, 12:59

Certainly not for the feint hearted as mentioned above. Long time since I've been, but
as far as I know you can also get to Sa Calobra by regular tourist boats from P.Soller - but I don't know the timings. Whichever way you get there it is an experience you will always remember. Google Sa Calobra for more info.
Old 27-05-2014, 18:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
Thanks for the info Ww, its good to read about an actual trip done recently. Hubby always drives, but still manages to comment on the views!!! Am definitely going to strongly hint about the bus journeys, if only to save my voice ... "KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD!!"
Sounds very familiar Bella
Belladonna likes this.
Old 27-05-2014, 19:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
I totally agree - while I am a passenger with my eyes glued to the road, he is saying things like 'just look at that view' - and I still dare not look - thinking that someone has to watch where we are going We once attempted the Sa Calobra windy road down - and are probably the only people who actually managed to do a u-turn a third of the way down
Belladonna and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 28-05-2014, 10:13

The first time I drove down to Sa Calobra was in an old Avenger estate - when we got to the bottom the brakes were red hot and smoking
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 28-05-2014, 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
The first time I drove down to Sa Calobra was in an old Avenger estate - when we got to the bottom the brakes were red hot and smoking
"Engage Low Gear Now" used to be a regular sign in the UK.....Good advice for this trip, let the engine be your brake.

You don't want your brakes to fail through overheating.

and Don't be pressured to go faster by racing drivers behind!

Enjoy your trip

My FlickR Photos