Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-09-2010, 13:23

Default New Year's Eve

Hi there.

We are thinking of going to P.P. for a break over new year with some friends. I know that Stay has a 'do' on New Year's Eve, but can anyone recommend anywhere else? I believe the Yacht Club also has a New Year's Eve party - has anyone tried it?

Any information about PP at that time of year would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 23-09-2010, 20:16

Yeah, Travelling Lady.

Trio has a brilliant New Year's Eve bash . It's a great mixture of locals and visitors & ex pats . Very different in that it kicks off at 8.30 p.m. and finishes after breakfast at about 6 a.m.

Four/five course banquet , whole evening / morning drinks included . You even get the hot chocolate mug to bring home when they serve pastries and hot choc at about 5 a.m.

Great, great craic ( haven't been for a couple of years ) but think it's probably 100 Euros per head . Stay good as well but heavy German presence ( Ompah bands , lederhosen and thigh slapping for the frisky !!!! ).

Should imagine the Yacht Club is a bit more sedate and conservative.

Your alternative is to book a nice set New Year meal somewhere and hit the bars afterwards . Great fun as well

Can I be the first to wish you " Happy New Year "

BonysLad
Old 24-09-2010, 18:17

I agree with Bonyslad - I have also done Trio for a few years and it has always been excellent although would be nice to have some more modern music to boogie too!!! I would not be surprised if prices do not come down a little this year due to the crisis. It will be interesting to see who offers what but Trio ususally have a list of people interested by now and it does not cost anything to provisionally reserve to avoid disappointment and then you confirm a couple of weeks prior to the date. I think Tango also offer a Do but without the entertainment so an earlier finish. Cant believe we are thinking about new year but last week I had a similar thought but quickly dismissed it from my mind - how many shopping days to Xmas???
Old 28-09-2010, 22:58

Thank you so much for your replies. We will have a look at Trio and the other options. And Feliz Ano Nuevo!!!
Old 30-10-2010, 13:16

Has anyone been to Las Zarzales on New Years Eve? Is it a fun evening?

Also, would people prefer to spend NYE in Pollensa or in the Port? Where is it more 'vibrant'?

We're thinking of going out for the first time this year and don't want to get it wrong!!!!
Old 30-10-2010, 17:13

Graham

Yes , did it a couple of years ago. Great menu with good wines but not really a party as such. Just wished fellow diners a happy new year and home to bed .

If you want a knees up probably best to hit Trio or a couple of bars ( Bet Nostalgia will be a good craic ). You could have a nice meal and then act all silly later !!!!

BonysLad
Old 30-10-2010, 19:43

Have found L Z link which gives their menu for new year and Christmas I think! Although in Spanish I'm sure we can translate it if we study hard enough! Although following their links, I think its last years - well, I tried!

Restaurant Los Zarzales Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca

Last edited by Belladonna; 30-10-2010 at 19:46.
Old 05-11-2010, 00:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
Has anyone been to Las Zarzales on New Years Eve? Is it a fun evening?

Also, would people prefer to spend NYE in Pollensa or in the Port? Where is it more 'vibrant'?

We're thinking of going out for the first time this year and don't want to get it wrong!!!!
I have been to Loz Zarzales, but not on NYE. I did speak to someone there who said that it is extremely good fun. Hope that helps