Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-07-2008, 14:00

Default Fiesta Campanet

One of the joys of Mallorca is cycling through the conutyside you never know what you will find. Last week 12th July I was cycling from the port to Campanet a journey I've mad many times before. Its a nice town sitting on a hilltop of a small square opposite the church. A good place for a coffee break before making my way back. Arriving in town I could hear a sound familiar to all who have stayed on the front at the Port, the early morning cleaning operation. You know the air blowers and sweeping truck. I was also taken by the number of young people walking from the square, well it was 8:30 in the morning. Arriving in the square I thought it had been raining plastic tumblers the square was almost completely covered in them and two teams with two sweeping trucks were trying to clean it up. The noise at the bar I normal stop at was just too much so I moved off to the side were a local resident started talking to me. He explained it was the local fiesta and Friday night was rock music night for the young people, tonight (Saturday) was to be the night for dancing and the older people. I though no more about it cycled back to the Port and mentioned this to my family and friends. That night we were all at Can Cuarassa any our friends said how far away is Campanet, about 15 minutes from here I said and off we drove. We arrived about 11:30 with the Fiesta in full flow, yes dancing was evident and everyone from 1 to 101 appeared to be enjoying themselves. At midnight there was a change of band which started with a truly amazing saxophone performance, more music and dancing. By this time our friends were concerned that they had just moved hotel that day and hadn't brought a key to get back in so we left about 12:30. It was a memorable hour, not touristy and probably what the Ports Fiesta used to be about. Not sure what the fiesta was but I assume its Virgin del Carmen as in the Port but electing this year for the earlier date. Anyone know? If your ever in the area at fiesta time based on this I'd say go have a look and enjoy.
Sponsored Links
Old 19-07-2008, 14:39

It will have been the Fiesta of Sant Victoria - the town's patron saint.
Old 19-07-2008, 20:15

Thanks for the info certainly looks worth a visit next year
Old 20-07-2008, 00:00

Village/small town fiestas are always worth a nosy. Often a religious parade of a statue of the saint round the town on one day. Gigantic booze-up another day.

I was fortunate enough to be in a small place in Andalucia some years back for the boozy day of San Juan. Great evening if you have a name like mine.

I've also been in Soller for San Pedro (with brother in law, Pedro). I think that's held just round the fishing "quarter", rather than the full town saints day.

John