Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2007, 00:33
rachel23

Default Fireworks display

Hi all,

I just have to say that this year I managed to make it over for the fireworks display.. stood on our balcony and watched these they were fantastic!!! Really glad got the opportunity to see them ths year!!

Rachel
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2007, 16:50
jonesy

Default Fireworks

Morning!

The fireworks were especially good this year I agree but I feel I must warn you all of a potencial hazard for future years!
Mrs Jonesy and myself had a couple of drinks gazing over the bay followed by a wonderful meal just off the square. We then strolled lovingly hand in hand along the front, finally settling in another bar for a night cap or two before the display began at midnight. I had a couple of beers but Mrs J ordered a jug of Sangria. I'll give her credit, she finished it! As we wandered to take up our position on the quayside I noticed that our route was becoming increasingly meandering. That wasn't too bad until the first firework took off. At that point mrs J cried the usual Whooooo! tipping her head back to follow its path. Just like the penguins in the Falklands she disappeared backwards. I caught her just before she vanished over the side towards the Med. So remember folks..alcohol and fireworks are a dangerous combination! She watched the rest of the display from a seated position. She did tell me I was her best friend though.....several times.

Cheers
Jonesy
Old 10-08-2007, 19:02
rachel23

Default Re: Fireworks

Hi Jonesy...

Loved reading your reply brought a smile to my face on a busy day in the office... hope mrs j is well

Rachel
Old 24-10-2007, 00:05
julie062

hi could any one tell my the date in august 2008 when the fireworks will be on for the fiesta. would like to visit the display
Old 24-10-2007, 01:26
Founder

The fiesta actually takes place mid-July - see www.puertopollensa.com/events.html#JulAug I'm afraid we never know the exact date until a few weeks beforehand. Basically it is around 16th July.
Old 07-07-2008, 13:50

Whilst eating in Stay last week I asked when the fireworks were this year. They are on Sunday July 20th , so I promptly booked ring side seats as we will be in PP with friends and their 12 year old daughter.

For anyones who hasn't seen this amazing display it is a must so get yourself down to La Gola beach on the night of the 20th There is a procession throught the town first and the fireworks normally start late ..about midnight. Make sure your bambinos have a siesta that day and keep them up to watch!!

Debs
Old 07-07-2008, 17:08
Founder

We now have the full program, please see Festes del Carme 2008
Old 10-07-2008, 13:00

We will be arriving late on 19th July. Could you tell me where la gola beach is because i am sure it will take a while to get our bearings. My husband is in a wheelchair would it be easy for him to get around when the fireworks are on or would we better going to an area close by where we would still be able to see the display. Cheers
Old 10-07-2008, 13:27

Smile Gola Beach

It's near Sail & Surf, where the sailing boats are on the beach near to Tolos.

Going out of the Port towards Alcudia, it's where the shops stop and there is a bridge over a bit of water (the Gola!) People often stop to watch the fish.

I hope this is useful.

Frito.
Old 10-07-2008, 17:13

Stocktonmackem, don't know where you are staying, but last year wife & I watched the parade from the roundabout and then went to Daina to watch from a distance, good view, less crowded etc. One year we went upto La Gola and we were right under fireworks, ended up with a stiff neck looking up all the time. Stocktonsmoggy.
Old 10-07-2008, 18:03

Thanks for the info. Hamcas (stocktonsmoggy) we are staying in Vista bouquer apartments on Calle Vicente Buades and as its the first time we have been to PP i am in the dark as to where anything is. I will look out for the places mentioned and pick a decent spot. Are they as good as the Riverside fireworks.
Cheers
Stocktonmackem
Old 10-07-2008, 21:50

Default Fireworks - message for Debz

Debz

Good to see you will be at your usual spot for the fireworks

We are in PP from 15 to 25 July

Message in your ebox
Old 12-07-2008, 15:43

Stocktonmackem, you are only 2-3 mins stroll to the front and you will see the fireworks from anywhere along there. I think they are better than the riverside and it is a lot warmer. We are out there again on 13th sept, returning home on 20th sept with 3 points in the bag.
Old 12-07-2008, 17:41

Thanks for the tip Hamcas. I am looking forward to getting away from the rain. Enjoy your trip in September and just remember how many points we took off you last season
Stocktonmackem