Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-07-2006, 20:22

Default al jarreau

Did anyone go to the Al Jarreau concert at the fort next to the aerodrome last Friday night? It was appallingly badly marketed in PP during the week before - we only found out about it by bumping into a group of locals at the Illa Dor an hour before it started.

Apparently it was part of a season long jazz festival but was the only date in PP.

Anyone heard any more about it? I'd be intrigued to hear how many people were there.

Graham
Sponsored Links
Old 27-07-2006, 04:36

AAAArrrggggg

I was in PP

I read about it in the Daily Bulletin

I didn't know where the FORT was and neither did several people I asked, including one of the waiters at the Illa D'Or as I read about it whilst having my morning stroll and coffee

So, we wandered around the port ( I even stopped off at La Fortalesa and said " have you got Jaz in here tonight ? " ...... "no", they said )

I'm not a mad Jaz fan, but my Dad was with us and he would have loved it ........... apparently on the same night there was also supposed to be a dizieland band playing at 11pm in "the port" .......... which we also looked for ........ by 11.30 mum and dad were flagging ( mid 70's and still insisting on walking back the length of the pinewalk ) ........... so off we went on our stroll home ........... 20 mins later we heard misic but couldn;t work out where it was coming from ......... I wonder whether there actually was a dixieland nband but it strted playing later than advertised , or we heard some of Al jarreau

WHere is the Fort anyway ????
Old 27-07-2006, 05:26
Founder

La fortaleza is the building beyond the miltary base. Apparently you had to park on the by-pass (near the football ground) & then get a shuttle bus to take you through the military base to get to La Fortaleza (the fortress).
Old 27-07-2006, 06:09

ahhh is the fortress the building I call the monestary ...... high on the hill between the base and the lighthouse .... the one that I thought was owned by a really rich british builder who let it go to ruin

I have just posted asking what is going on there because I had seen signs of life ?
Old 27-07-2006, 17:40
Founder

I should think it is & I've just found this report of the concert at La Fortaleza as well as an interesting web site (you need to practice your Spanish here) - see www.mallorcadiario.com
Old 27-07-2006, 18:11
Snowy

I will help you out

The Strength of Pollença welcomes in the teacher To the Jarreau
Gracia Robert
Saturday, 22 July 2006

POLLENÇA. - To the Jarreau it had to be. One of greatest within the jazz has inaugurated the Strength of Pollença, that has welcomed a musical appointment for the first time. The old military strength is a matchless place, with an enviable acoustics and that is counted with an A the Jarreau totally given to a public who surpassed in his majority the thirty springs.

The concert has been vibrant from the first moment. To a great extent by the talent and the delivery of A the Jarreau, but also by the beauty of the Strength of Pollença. Games of spectacular lights, good acoustics and charisma are the main virtues of this pollensí place.

The only one but of this frame is the difficult access. The assistants have had to park near a kilometer and means of transferred distance and being in minibus until the place of the concert. This fact does that the repetition with assiduity of new musical appointments is complicated since the expenses are elevated.

POLITICAL PERSONALITIES

Between the public they were some Consellers, like the one of Economy and Doing, Miguel Ramis de Ayreflor, the one of Environment, Jaume Font, or the chief of a main directorate of Ibatur, Raimundo Alabern.

In general, more than 500 spectators they surpassed the thirty and the forty, but they have been given to the teacher of the Jazz like quinceañeros enjoying a direct one the Beatles. Thus, To the Jarreau it has corresponded in tonight plagued of elegance and has offered exciting vocal games, simulating musical instruments.

How did I do that Copy and paste link into google search then ask it to translate to english, the above is the reply.
Old 27-07-2006, 18:18
Founder

This is why Spanish lessons are probably a good idea...
Old 27-07-2006, 21:15
Snowy

Don't know what you mean