Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

Like Tree14Likes
  • 7 Post By sparky
  • 2 Post By Roy&Myra
  • 2 Post By sparky
  • 1 Post By lollipop
  • 1 Post By sparky
  • 1 Post By mike_dublin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-01-2017, 09:58
Super Moderator

Default Splash in 2017.

The 2017 Splash-In will take place on 28th/29th and 30th of April.

: la asociación de la alegría

Here is the Google translation :-
Quote:
IV SPLASH-IN 2017
For the IV Splash-In of 2017, we will make the desire of the pilots who visit us, that is, that during a full day, they can enjoy the flights in the bay of Pollensa
This year we give the title of IV Splash-In between the sea and the mountain, given that we will have the collaboration of the Aeroclub of Sabadell, making a flight to La Cerdanya
The program that we have prepared in principle will be
Day 28 of April, Friday, arrival of the hydros to Son Bonet, food and in the afternoon in formation flight to the Port of Pollensa
April 29th, Saturday, it will be a day that we will dedicate to our visitors to enjoy their flights on our island, where we will prepare a series of routes, and invite our friends who wish to do some flight in seaplane
Day 30 of April, Sunday, morning, flight from Puerto de Pollensa to La Cerdanya airport, lunch, afternoon visit to the town of La Seo and evening gala dinner
Note, we will invite all the pilots of airplanes and ULM, who want to come, so that they can be added to this concentration. Pilots wishing to participate in this event must send their request to fundacio@fam-ib.org, in order to manage the accommodation
Day1 of May, Monday, Dispersion of our visitors and return to their points of origin
Mark, joey36, marilyn and 4 others like this.

Last edited by sparky; 31-01-2017 at 10:44.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2017, 11:41

Thumbs up Splash Down 2017

[QUOTE=sparky;116691]The 2017 Splash-In will take place on 28th/29th and 30th of April.

How Very nice of you Sparky to add the additional entertainment of the Splash Down To The Celebrations Of The Birthday's Of Myra 24th April & Leo (Sol Y Mar ) On the 26th April .
Looking forward to the Free extravaganza.
Cava Will be Flowing as we watch
Those Magnificent Men In There Flying Machines
El Gordo and sparky like this.
Old 23-04-2017, 09:52
Super Moderator

I am not sure if this event is going ahead now, just read on FB that it has been postponed and there are no posters about it around the area. I will let you know if i can find out what is happening .
El Gordo and lollipop like this.
Old 24-04-2017, 09:00

Isn't there some sort of sports even that weekend with road closures?
Old 24-04-2017, 09:51
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klad1 View Post
Isn't there some sort of sports even that weekend with road closures?
Yes Klad1 as is posted here :- Gran Fondo Mallorca 312
Old 24-04-2017, 17:07

I have heard the Splash in has been put back to possibly 15th Sept. will post if and when I can get something more definite
sparky likes this.
Old 19-05-2017, 10:06
Super Moderator

I am afraid this event will not happen, this is a translation of a report in the UH :-

Quote:
The international meeting of civil seaplanes Splash-IN that celebrates for four years the Mallorcan Aeronautical Foundation, is history.

The Chief of Staff of the Air Force has denied permission for the foundation to use the facilities of Pollença military aerodrome between 15 and 17 September, as planned.

Defense believes that the approval on 27 October in the plenary session of the City Council of Pollença of a "Proposal on the demonstration against the conversion of the Bay of Pollença into a runway for hydroplanes and the need to preserve it from projects and activities impacting" The Splash-IN 2017.

In his defense, Defense explains that the criterion of the General Staff of the Air Force is "that the facilities of the Military Aerodrome of Pollença are only used outside military use on an exceptional basis or for urgent reasons".

The original report can be read here :- https://ultimahora.es/noticias/part-...-pollen-a.html
Tommo likes this.
Old 19-05-2017, 10:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I am afraid this event will not happen, this is a translation of a report in the UH :-

The original report can be read here :- https://ultimahora.es/noticias/part-...-pollen-a.html
That's a pity
Tommo likes this.
Old 22-05-2017, 08:08

Default Just a misunderstanding then ... but no Splash-In

https://majorcadailybulletin.com/new...plash-off.html

Quote:
...The air force, however, has advised the organisers - the Majorca Aeronautical Foundation - that it has taken away its permission.

The reason seemingly has to do with a town hall motion last October which was against the use of the bay as a "runway for seaplanes". That motion was raised (and approved) when there was talk of commercial seaplanes operating in the bay. The air force has acknowledged the town hall's decision ...

The town hall, for its part, says that it has no issue with the Splash-In. Quite the contrary, according to the town hall delegate for Puerto Pollensa, Andrés Nevado. "It's a very nice event that is beneficial for tourism." Mayor Miquel Àngel March says that the town hall doesn't know why the air force has withdrawn permission. ...

see full story on the MDB website