Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-01-2016, 21:04

Default Virgen del Carmen 2016 (I know...)

Firstly, hello everyone - happy new year! Unbelievably I have managed to convince my family to come back to PP for the third year running and this time there are more of us!! Baby brother and his partner are coming along too

Secondly, I know I've gone mad and I may be expelled from the forum for starting this topic this early, but do we reckon best guess is that the fireworks will probs be Saturday 16th? I am dying to be there for it and am trying to work out if it's worth getting an extra night (otherwise we'd be flying back on the 16th).

You can all tell me to shut up now
sws97sdg, Sparky and Tangoman like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 13-01-2016, 21:27
Super Moderator

The fireworks are always on Sunday night so that would be the 17th but there is no firm date yet, as you said it's far too early .
Old 13-01-2016, 23:49

Well we are over on 17th with friends who have never seen this fiesta so fingers crossed . I think it is usually the Sunday nearest to the 19th but as we all know if never certain till it's certain
Old 14-01-2016, 09:51

It should be 17th..I was told by friends it is usually the Sunday nearest 16th...very nice to have birthday fireworks if it is 😉😉

Eating Out
Old 14-01-2016, 11:27
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathB View Post
It should be 17th..I was told by friends it is usually the Sunday nearest 16th...very nice to have birthday fireworks if it is 😉😉
Yes it should be the Sunday nearest to 16th & as it's so close this year, that's quite likely. We did have one year when even the tourist office got it wrong but when 16th falls mid-week the date is rather flexible!
Old 14-01-2016, 16:21

Argh! Now can I persuade my family into an extra *two* nights?? (Answer, of course I can...)
CathB, Sparky and car77 like this.
Old 29-05-2016, 21:28

Any news re dates, whether there will be a Wembley challenging Hustlers gig on the beach on Saturday night and whether we will have devil runners and fireworks on the Sunday

I have promised our friends all if the above and more so fingers crossed
littlebird likes this.
Old 29-05-2016, 22:26
Super Moderator

Dare i say it but we still don't know when we will have beds and brollies on the beach so it's anyone's guess as to what if anything is planned for the biggest fiesta in PP .
its cd, debz1, lollipop and 1 others like this.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:09

Is there any information about the date of this fiesta yet ? Is just over a month away now thanks
Old 12-06-2016, 10:25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by elainewalls View Post
Is there any information about the date of this fiesta yet ? Is just over a month away now thanks
Nothing yet, i have messaged the ajuntament and the UMP but as it's the weekend i won't get any reply until tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:00
Super Moderator

I am very surprised to have received a reply on a Sunday, there are no details but at least it seems like the fiesta will take place, they usually give details about a week before . Here is the reply :-

Quote:
Encara falta un mes per les festes del Carme i el programa no està tancat. Es publicitara a web i facebook. Abans hi ha les festes de Sant Pere que ja estan anunciades.
ENGLISH
Even a month before the celebrations of the Carmen and the program is closed. One website and facebook advertising. Before there is the festival of Sant Pere already announced.
Old 12-06-2016, 13:41

Thanks Sparky I will keep look out on the forum week before I know you will post when you find out. Hoping the night of the fireworks will be Sunday 17/7
Sparky likes this.
Old 04-07-2016, 19:22
Super Moderator

At last the itinerary has been posted on FB, fireworks definitely on the 17th. It's in Catalan but gives a good idea of times and locations :-

13613558_984036075007366_8122037931410938778_o by lyn.sparkes, on Flickr
LK1960 likes this.
Old 04-07-2016, 21:25

Thank you for the info Sparky.
Can't wait !!!! 😊
Sparky likes this.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:54
Super Moderator

Here is a translation from the Ajuntament De Pollenca :-

Quote:
Holidays Virgen Del Carmen from the port de pollença. From 8 to 17 July.
Holidays Virgen Del Carmen from the port of pollençaactivitats:
Friday 8:
At 20 pm inauguration of the exhibition of photography xesca Sierra in the premises of the SS. Residents of port de pollença.
At 21 pm opening in charge of Catherine Banks to the church of the virgin del Carmen. Then they will offer a tassó of soda to attendees.
Saturday 9:
At 21 pm iv race popular sailor walk saralegui.
At 23.30 pm iv party sailor with deejays > in the plaza Michael Capllonch.
Sunday 10:
At 20 pm, concert at the expense of the choir sa pobla and heart de pollença to church of the virgin del Carmen.
Monday 11:
At 21.30 pm in the heart of the jungle. In charge of the friends of the dance shows. A Musical Magic to the whole family, a story full of adventures and emotions, a show that work life through sorprenents choreographies, tricks and interpretations. In The Plaza Michael Capllonch.
Tuesday 12:
At 19 pm. Young scavenger hunt. Facebook registration point young or uepjove@ajpollenca.net in groups of 5 people until the 11th of July. Prize for the winning. Group Plaza Joan Cerdà. Organized the area of youth and onit.
At 22 pm and country dance music in charge of xeremiers xeremiers orats and airs of the cove to the square of Michael Capllonch.
Wednesday 13:
At 17 pm, party of water, that water for kids, with the collaboration of volunteer council of Majorca, which displayed his old car restored, in the parking lot of the municipal pool. At the end of these activities the children will enjoy an ice cream by kindness of Bartholomew Reig S.A. and helados nestle in the parking lot of the municipal pool of port de pollença and from 17 pm to 19 pm at quiosquet ice cream Valleys.
At 21.30 pm magic and humor at the expense of magical cloquell and inigualable comedian - paco calonge, at the plaza Michael Capllonch.
Thursday 14:
At 21 pm dinner in solidarity for the benefit of the square abaimar Michael Capllonch. Entertainment at the expense of the txaranga los valencianos.
At 23 pm ballroom dance in charge of the orchestra galatzó, in the plaza Michael Capllonch.
Friday 15:
Elections for the office of the drill 2016.
Saturday 16:
At 19 pm magic show for children with màg felix in the plaza Michael Capllonch
At the parade with the giants of pollença, the dance of accompanied the xeremiers orats.
At 21 pm second meeting of dance in line with the animation of dew montgomerie and other monitors the federation dialect, in the plaza Michael Capllonch.
At 22 pm party at La Gola with deejays >. Col. Works the neighborhood association of port de pollença.
Sunday 17:
At 18.30 pm solemn mass at church of the virgin del carme, in which she playing heart colonya. It Estrenarà Hymn III Version for choir and band music, under the direction of emili vivas. Procession Marinera with images of st. Peter and la virgen del Carmen.
At 23 pm, correfoc in charge of the gang of demons ca de bou accompanied the tamborers ca de bou. Itinerary: Michael Capllonch, Calle Ecònom Torres, paseo de saralegui and La Gola.
At 24 pm fireworks on the beach in the throat.
Exhibitions
All Marco. Collective exhibition of Manuel you fold and Vicente Blacksmith. From 8 to 23 July. 8 eyes. Collective of various artists.
Royal Yacht Club. Pictures of the students of the ies clara hammerl. From 18 June to 18 July.
Social Hall of the neighborhood association of port de pollença. Exhibition of photography xesca Sierra, from 8 to 17 July. From Monday to Sunday from 19.00 to 21.00 pm.
Mercadets
Mercadet Crafts to paseo de gard.
Thursday 14th July 19.00 pm to 24.00 pm.
Saturday 16th July 18.00 pm to 23.00 pm.
Sunday 17th July 18.00 pm to 22.00 pm.
Sports events
Third tournament championship "Virgen Del Carmen", From 5 to 15 July at the sports centre of port de pollença.
Delivery of trophies 16th July at 20.00 pm in the local avpp.
Organize: ce duva and friends of San Antonio.
Regatta of optimist, laser pico and other small velers, 9 and July 10th from 12.00 pm, at the Royal Yacht Club. Organized: Royal Yacht Club.
French rugby beach " Dragut. Day 16 from 10.00 pm, at the beach in the throat.
Organized: Raiders Rugby League Club
Wine and beach volleyball tournament dentistas on wheels-Virgen Del Carmen.
Place: Beach of the throat
10th July: lot of couples (Junior and senior classes).
Day 11 to day 15: group stage matches (morning and evening).
16th July: Semifinals and finals. Toast, musical performances and awards. Everything we seek is going to be stationed in full to the NGO
LK1960 likes this.