Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/entertainment-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Gay Bars (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/entertainment-pollensa-majorca/1269-gay-bars.html)

Chris Hilditch 05-07-2001 14:08

Gay Bars

I am visiting Puerto Pollensa on my own in August/September are there any know gay or gay friendly bars in the area,many thanks for any help, Chris Hilditch

pollensa 08-07-2001 21:54

Provided by Ann MacDonald, editor of the 'Holiday in Puerto Pollensa' magazine - available at PP when you arrive.

"I've been told that the Menta complex in Puerto Alcudia, which consists of several bars with different music tastes, is considered gay friendly. This may meet your enquirer's needs.
I know that Bar Pedro in Pollensa old town is run by a couple of guys in their fifties who have been together for years, but they probably aren't into the young gay scene. It's certainly a friendly place though and they are a centre for many local ex-pats as well as attracting the local Spanish -- and they do great Bloody Mary's.

Location of Bar Pedro is shown on the Pollensa map in my mag. (Cecilio Metelo, 38 Pollensa town)

Menta
advertises all over the place and is easy to get to by the Alcudia bus that goes every 15 minutes from Puerto, just ask for Menta and they driver will put you off at the right stop. You'll need a taxi back though as the buses don't run very late, that'll probably cost around 2.500pts.

If I hear of anywhere else before August I'll let you know.

Chris Hilditch 08-07-2001 22:04

Thank you very much for your response I Have Visted Pedros Bar in Pollensa many times and Know the owners quite well, I will certainly visit the Menta complex in Puerto Alcudia,Many thanks for you Advice,Chris

pollencaboy 11-11-2003 06:23

Hi, myself and my partner have a holiday home in pollenca old town. Pedros is a good night although it doesnt draw a young crowd. Giles and Robert AKA owners are really cool though and if your lucky enough to get on with them (which is not hard) they will usually treat you to a drink and a real good laugh about the "good old days". Other than that we go to Palma its not exactly Ibiza but thats kinda reassuring. Anyway Pollenca is well known for its relaxed easy going and very accepting atmosphere and we have always felt welcome by everyone. There is also a gay beach between can picafort and Alcudia and the summer months the town brings a reasonable number of gay people in about the mid 20 / mid 30 range (our age). Hope this helps and have a great time. cheers steve

merseybeat 16-01-2004 00:44

One bar my mates and I visit is Bla Bla a late night bar. Not gay but laid back and the owner Mecedes is a cool woman who knows the score and a bit camp, in a fem way. Also the Ocean Bar. Again not gay but friendly and popular with local Brits who are all cool people. both are on Calle Juan XX111

smiler44 04-05-2008 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollencaboy (Post 7410)
Hi, myself and my partner have a holiday home in pollenca old town. Pedros is a good night although it doesnt draw a young crowd. Giles and Robert AKA owners are really cool though and if your lucky enough to get on with them (which is not hard) they will usually treat you to a drink and a real good laugh about the "good old days". Other than that we go to Palma its not exactly Ibiza but thats kinda reassuring. Anyway Pollenca is well known for its relaxed easy going and very accepting atmosphere and we have always felt welcome by everyone. There is also a gay beach between can picafort and Alcudia and the summer months the town brings a reasonable number of gay people in about the mid 20 / mid 30 range (our age). Hope this helps and have a great time. cheers steve

hello pollencaboy,are you saying i,d be unlikely to meet any mature guys near p p, .

Rachel23 07-05-2008 16:39

gay bars

Hey I brought my best friend to PP last year who happens to be gay and although there were no specific gay bars he loved it