Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca

Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca Nights out, discos, music bars, cinema, theatre ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-03-2002, 06:58
suedolff

Default Chivas nightclub

I'm after some advice on the nightclub in pto pollensa. When we went on hols last year we were advised to stay away from the nightclub as alledgedly the locals are not keen on foreign visitors - is this the case because we are going there on hols again this year and fancy a boogie but we got a pregnant woman with us so want to make sure its safe.
Sponsored Links
Old 25-03-2002, 06:59
star81

Default Chivas

I have been there quite a few times and the locals have always been over friendly if anything !!

After Chivas many of them will sit at the beach front and happily chat away.

I don't know who warned you of this but in my experience it is not the case.

Happy Dancing ! !
Old 25-03-2002, 08:08
suedolff

Default Re: Chivas

Cheers Star - I will definately give it a boogie in July - Thanx again.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:01
Chivas Nightclub... threatening!! Yeah right!

Default Chivas Nightclub... threatening!! Yeah right!

CHIVAS night club has to be the cheesiest club on the Island.. believe me.. no threats... just Mallorcians!!.
Very friendly and at times very busy so choose your times carefully.. usually after the bars and restaurants close they all assemble at CHIVAS... you'll recognise the faces. Open till about 6am I think ( Been known to come out and go and get fresh warm bread from the bakery!) If it's a bit more of a relaxed atmosphere.. less cramped maybe try Coconut's (Late Bar), Fat Cats.
Have a great time.. I'm flying out again this Friday.. love it.. buy ya'self a property.. sell up.!!!! Paradise!
Old 06-11-2002, 07:48
lisab

Default hmmm, not sure........

well as much as i am sure most of the people in chivas are harmless, there were a few from my own experience that were less than pleasant.
a few local guys doing the usual like they do with most young women, general flirting, were not happy when me and my friend didn't want to go back to theirs with them.
therefore my friends purse got stollen and all of her money and some photos were taken also.not great!
the barmen seem nice enough but didnt seem too bothered about looking after the people they were serving.
i may be wrong and just have suffered from a bad experience but first impressions always leave you with the lasting memory.correct me if wrong.
Lisa b
Old 31-12-2002, 09:52
Scottishgirl

Default Good laugh!

Chivas was a good night out if you had already had a few lemonades - its so expensive!
Unfortunately my friend and myself both had stuff stolen from there on seperate occasions so becareful going there.
Other than that the people are okay and its a laugh!
Old 03-07-2003, 20:13
wan miguel

Default chivas

I must say that it is the british holiday makers, and no the locals that are causing the problems. In recent years I have noticed sleazy, rodent-like behaviour from edinburgh boys Simon Rowan and Colin Mcreath. The latter gets drunk after one bottle of bacardi breezer, while the former stalks the dance floor like a predator. Rumour has it that they arrive on the island on the 10th of july-beware!
Old 28-06-2005, 17:45
PennyWhite

Default Chivas - safety

This one has appeared recently, I also saw another one that was fairly old about various cases of rape and attacks, what is latest news on that? (Not that we wrinklies are likely to go bopping and son mumbles that as he is on his own this year he is hardly likely to go out):|
Old 11-12-2005, 12:02
lacordura

Default Re: Chivas - safety

Quote:
This one has appeared recently, I also saw another one that was fairly old about various cases of rape and attacks, what is latest news on that?
What a wholly @#%$ of nonsence!

I know Chivas for more than 7 years, living near Port de Pollença as some kind of "resident" ;-)
No, my dear, but there is no discotheque in the north of Mallorca you can feel more safe with, than Chivas.
For certain.

If I saw some kind of 'struggling' it was allways caused by 'fightdrinkers' from England and very smooth and quickly resolved by the stuff of that place.

Quote:
rape and attacks
There was reported this year one case of a young woman having willingly sex with two guys in the staircase of the house where Chivas is situated.
And one of them was the doorman of Chivas.
Yes.
But she screwed him up and immediately cost him his job.

By the way: Chivas has a very nice page in the tuvidaloca-project.
There you can see a lot of impressions of this nice little disco.

www.tuvidaloca.com/chivas

I would allways be carefull with comments like you made ;-)

Kind regards,
lacoruda
Old 21-12-2005, 02:43
PennyWhite

Default Re: Chivas - safety

very polite.
Thank you for the comments.
Closed Thread