Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree15Likes
  • 8 Post By Stephen
  • 1 Post By eleanor
  • 3 Post By Stephen
  • 2 Post By debz1
  • 1 Post By Stephen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 13:13

Default Thanks to Conde taxis

Just back after a 9 day visit.We booked Conde taxis several weeks ago for transfer,from and back to,the airport.The cost: 140e.
I have to report that their service was very good indeed.
We were in PP not much later than 1h 30m after touching down at Palma. Lovely car,a Mercedes it was.
Coming back is,though,where they excelled themselves.
We'd booked for 9.45 to get a 12.20 flight back to Manchester.
So at about 9.35 we loaded the cases into the lift about 3yds from the apartment door,left the keys where the owner had asked,I closed the door and joined my wife in the lift.
"Where's your bag?" she asked.
I shall be having nightmares about that moment for years to come.
I'd left it in the apartment,with passports,tickets,money,the whole lot.
Panicking,by now,I rang the owner of the apartment 21 times without reply,the driver and a woman cleaning in the grounds of the apartments tried to "break in" using a credit card,and a local neighbour came to try to assist.
The driver,seeing that we were going to end up stranded,called a local locksmith in Pollenca to try to get us back in.With our time running out agonising minute by agonising minute the owner replied to our call and said she was 5 minutes away.The locksmith arrived and I paid him his time and petrol from Pollenca and waited for our owner and key.
We eventually left PP over an hour late(as much as we like PP we've never been so glad to see the back of it)and our driver,who I'd like to nominate as Lewis Hamilton's replacement next year,got us to Palma with 15mins to spare.
I've e-mailed Jose Conde to commend him on his service and the patient and generous way his driver dealt with us and our predicament.
Outstanding.
pollensa, debz1, sws97sdg and 5 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 14:02

OMG this brings back ghastly memories of the time my husband locked the key to the hire car in the boot as requested only to realise he had left his bag with all the necessary on the back seat of the car. It is such a horrid feeling isn't it Stephen. We had to make many phone calls and wait for a rep from the off site car rental company to eventually turn up. Talk about a laid back attitude! He then went on to talk in slow broken English how this sort of thing is always happening. We eventually grabbed the bag and just ran to get to check in just in time. Now I always shout - don't shut and then do a final check! Where would we be too without the mobile phone!
You were so lucky too and how wonderful of all concerned to help you. One thing is for sure - like us you won't do it again!!
debz1 likes this.

Last edited by eleanor; 12-10-2012 at 14:04. Reason: typo
Old 12-10-2012, 16:59

....and as she has reminded since yesterday morning,I shall never be able to have a go at her for doing anything stupid ever,ever again.
debz1, LK1960 and eleanor like this.
Old 12-10-2012, 17:55

We had a similar experience in Lanzarote a few years ago.We were enjoying a drink on the terrace of our rented villa when my sister in law jumped up to shut the patio doors as a stray cat was about to run in. Unfortunately the villa keys and the owners contact details were all inside

I think your driver was probably Xisco who is Jose's son. And Oh my what a knight in shining armour he would have been If it was him I'm sure you're wife will know what I'm talking about
eleanor and roig cat like this.
Old 12-10-2012, 18:03

Stephen was this the morning of 11th October and were you staying just behind the church?
Old 14-10-2012, 15:19

Yep! Done that one! To cut a very long story short, a fellow holidaymaker broke into our apartment (with permission) with a paint scraper.
Old 15-10-2012, 18:04

Joey
Yes it was,and yes we were.
Old 16-10-2012, 17:32

The reason i ask is because we were in the taxi with Xisco going to the airport on that morning and we got caught up in a traffic jam.I asked Xisco when was his next fare and he said 0945.By this time it was 0910 and we had still not reached the airport.He had no chance of getting back for you so he telephoned for a replacement which was obviously the very helpful guy you mention.
Also i am pretty sure that Xisco is not Joses son although his son,whose name i have forgotten does indeed drive the taxi.We have used Taxi Conde for the past 20 odd years - never a problem - what other company has actually put their prices down this year.Need i say more.
Old 17-10-2012, 19:17

Wink

I think it might have been xisco that picked us up from the airport.
Mid 20's good looking and tall?
I can't see what women see in him,to be honest.
debz1 likes this.