Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 19:24

Default Bus transfer Sunday

Hi can anyone offer me some advice on getting a bus from Palma airport to Puerto Pollensa on a Sunday morning. My brother is coming out to stay with us for a short while but is looking for a cheap way of getting to Puerto Pollensa from the airport.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2010, 20:17
Super Moderator

Hi Pluto, Sunday bus Palma/Puerto Pollensa leaves :-
7am; 9am; 11am; 1pm; 3.30pm; 5pm and 8.30pm.
Old 10-08-2010, 20:22

Is he unable to use the Hoppa.
Great value and excellent service.
Old 10-08-2010, 20:28
Super Moderator

Sorry Pluto i forgot to add, the fare is 5.55€ one way.
Old 10-08-2010, 20:40

thanks so much for the advice. Anyway hes now booked his flight for Monday morning instead, I'm guessing buses run more regularly on Mondays. Could any kind sole give me an idea how he gets to correct bus stataion from departures, thanks in advance I think hes a bit nervous about being on his own in a foreign country trying to find a bus,
Old 10-08-2010, 20:41

Any more info on the hoppa, where do you get their buses? Is it staightforward to find them and are there long waits?
Old 10-08-2010, 21:56
Founder

Once you've booked resorthoppa, you'll get an email with all the info you need. Basically you report to their desk when you arrive & they'll tell you which bus to take. We have a discount code you can use - see Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers
Old 11-08-2010, 08:56

Yes the Hoppa is very easy to use. As Pollensa says -the desk inside the airport is very clearly signed. You just go to the desk, give your name and destination and they refer you to one of the waiting coaches/buses just outside the airport.
On return you email/text/phone to reconfirm your booking a day or so prior to departure and the coach will collect you from the same spot where it dropped you. Easy!
You will find many posts on here referring to the Hoppa, so do take a look. Just one thing though - I believe the hoppa only drops and picks up at obvious places such as hotels but I may be wrong there. Again, i'm sure you will find mor infor if you search hoppa above.
Certainly can recommend though.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:09
Super Moderator

Pluto, i have never used the bus from the airport to the bus station but would imagine it is very close to arrivals and pretty frequent. Bus times on weekdays are as follows :- 7am; 8am; 9am; 10.30am; 11.30am; 12.30am; 2pm; 3pm; 4pm; 5.30pm ; 6.30pm; 8.30pm.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:12

I would also recommend Resort Hoppa, it's cheap and direct to PP, you may have to wait for a short time while it collects it's passengers and there could be several drop off's on the journey, if you're lucky you will be the first drop which has happened several times for us. The fare one way is about 9€ (perhaps someone could confirm this), so not much more than the bus.

If you wanted to take the bus, the bus stop is situated at the end of the travelator (moving walkway), right outside the main exit. It is the number 1 and they are approx every 15 minutes into Palma, you would need to book to Placa Espania and there is a screen on board which shows all the stops as the bus approaches them. The fare is no more than 3€. Once in Palma you would have to go down into the main bus station which is underground and the PP bus (Transunion) goes from bay 5.

The bus route is very easy once you've done it once but for convenience and for somebody who is not very confident I would recocommend the direct route with Resort Hoppa or one of the other transfer companies. There's certainly not much difference in price.

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 11-08-2010 at 10:18.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:45

thanks chaps the hoppa sounds just the thing, thanks for your guidance.
Old 11-08-2010, 20:09

We used Resort Hoppa in July and can can recommend them (we have also booked them for october)..it works out to a little under £14 return - and if you book via the link on this site you also get the discount code to use.
You need to name an Hotel/apparthotel as your destination address -I emailed them as I wanted to know if I could use La Goleta ( and yes I could) -they sent me the following link to check the registered addresses

www.hotel-ami.es - Search for hotel Spain > Mallorca

Eating Out
Old 11-08-2010, 22:22

Has anyone used A2B transfers? My travel agent has booked them for me.. The cost is 15 euros return.
Old 11-08-2010, 22:29

I used them a week ago to go from the airport to Deia,driver and spotless car were waiting for me as advised,great price as well.