Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-05-2008, 20:31

Angry goldcar europa

Hi all

Re above - well what a nightmare. We arrived 1st May - 2 hours queue to get our car ( a Bellingo). That was an upgrade as well. Booked via Villaparade, and we will say to them that we will not book if they use these again.

We felt sorry for the guys at the desk - they were complaining saying ring their bosses as their computer is no good etc.

Used to use Centauro and never had a problem - seems you have to get your car outside of airport now. Man from Hertz sitting there no queues but no car??

ho hum

Sandradee

Last edited by sandradee; 31-05-2008 at 10:18. Reason: put link in by mistake
Sponsored Links
Old 17-07-2008, 13:44

Default Goldcar europa

We used these as part of a villa parade package. No problem on arrival.No queues at the desk, although they stung us for another 20 euros apparently the excess waiver we paid in advance did not cover the wheels!! We was a bit of a joke when we saw the state of the wheel trims. Could have replaced them for less than 20 euros!!
Picked the car up from the ground floor of the multi storey. It was to say the least shoddy. I suppose we could have complained and demanded a different car. But it was beginning to get busy there was already lots of irrate people milling around ,we were hot and just wanted to be on our way, as you do. so we put up with it. It was dirty ,someone had done a very poor job of cleaning the front passenger seat it was very badly stained. The bodywork around one of the front lights was loose so much so mr Jepset ripped a his shorts on it! Lot of other dints and scrapes too. Plus 60,000 miles on the clock. Perhaps we were unlucky but have used better companies in the past. Roig were very good no hidden extras.
Old 17-07-2008, 13:54

We have used Europa for the last 3 or 4 times and have never had to wait to long, I usually go to the desk straight away and leave family to collect luggage, must admit the last car was getting on a bit but still fine. I am glad you said that Roig are good we have them this time as part of the villa package, never used them but will let you know how we get on.
Old 17-07-2008, 15:41

Default goldcar europa

Hi folks,
Been a while since I logged in but have been taking an active interest in all the gossip as a guest over the last few months!
Now that we're about to head off for our annual two weeks this weekend I have to say how dismayed I am at the reports about Goldcar europa.
As I've said before in other posts we always used Centauro and found them really good but swapped to Goldcar as they were remaining on site at Palma airport this summer.
I shall certainly keep you informed of our experiences with them.
Here's to two fantastic weeks
Old 17-07-2008, 16:05

Default Free Car Hire with Villa Parade

We also got free car hire as our villa was booked via Villaparade but because we wanted to return the car in PP (for our second week at a hotel in the Port) the past 2 years we have had Hiper (costs €30 for local return but worth it I think) and I would defo recommend - especially reading these posts!

Can't complain at all other than the first year there was a bit of a delay to pick the car up (take you out the airport 5 mins) of around 30 mins but they give you a queuing ticket so all is fair and their office has air con. Last year free upgrade to a Fiat Punto - small but spanking new and immaculate. Return in Port with no queue and not even a glance at the body work.

This year - no queue for the car at collection - our own minibus to their depot left immediately, served immediately (only people in depot), upgrade again to Fiat Punto (can't think what would have been otherwise? ) this year a couple of scratches but still brand new. Again no hassle returning.

Lala
Old 17-07-2008, 21:27

Are Goldcar Europa OFF site now ?

Gets so confusing knowing which companies are on or off site these days...

After one bad experience with an off site hire car company last year I wont get caught out again.

Mark.
Old 18-07-2008, 07:43

Hi Yo43yo

Europa Goldcar are on site.

Sharon
Old 18-07-2008, 14:08

The only downside of Goldcar Europa is that at busy times you can queue for a long time at Palma airport, but as I now expect it I just don't bother getting het up about it and take a book to read. Last year in June, on an early afternoon arrival on a Saturday, we waited over one and a half hours. This year 40 minutes. Frankly I can cope with either.

The 20 Euros for wheel and tyre insurance is far from being a ripoff. This June we had a puncture in a Ford C-Max with a space saver spare and the tyre was too badly damaged to be repaired. I was told by Goldcar to go anywhere I liked for a replacement and that the cost would be refunded. Upon returning the car to Palma airport (at the office in the car park) the replacement tyre cost of 186 Euros was refunded in cash without a quibble.

I'm sure every car hire firm will upset someone at some time...it's all part of the fun of foreign travel!
Old 18-07-2008, 16:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo43yo View Post
Are Goldcar Europa OFF site now ?
After one bad experience with an off site hire car company last year I wont get caught out again.
Mark

What was the problem, please?

We've booked with Centauro (as always when on the island) - didnt know till I read the above that car pick-up was no longer at the airport.

John
Old 18-07-2008, 23:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharonh View Post
Hi Yo43yo

Europa Goldcar are on site.

Sharon
Thanks Sharon !
Old 18-07-2008, 23:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harters View Post
Mark

What was the problem, please?

John
It was a different company, Auriga Crown and was June 2007.

Thread here:
http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...ead.php?t=3025

and here:

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...n+auriga+crown

Auriga Crown are now back on site as far as I know, must have had lots of complaints so maybe have improved. The car was brand new and excellent

Gets so confusing when companies move each year.

Not sure about Centauro as have never used them that I remember.

Mark.
Old 22-07-2008, 13:45

Smile

We always use Goldstar and until May had not had any problems with queues and the standard of car was always very good, however in May we did have to wait for an hour in the queue and the car was "older" and grubby.
Pleased to say we arrived at approx 6pm on Friday and had the keys staight away, no queue at all and the car was back to the normal "nearly new" standard.

PP76
Old 04-08-2008, 17:02

Just got back after two great weeks in PP having used Europa Goldcar after learning our usual hire form Centauro was now off site.
The queue at Goldcar was pretty long and it took around 40 minutes to sort things out.
They do offer a 20 euro tyres and rims cover - which I took.
The car had done 16,000 kms but was fine - apart from the windscreen wipers which needed replacing. (don't worry it never rained - just we had to clear the screens at night!)
The only real downsize was the 80 euros they charged for the full tank of petrol - I know petrol is getting expensive but I'm sorry it never took 80 euros to fill my ford focus!
Old 09-08-2008, 13:23

Thumbs down

We also used Goldcar this year and I was charged 90 euros for the full tank. As we only used the car for the airport trips and a trip to Formentor and to Deia we didn't use even half the tank!I will not be using Goldcar again or any other company that has this policy.
Old 09-08-2008, 17:40

Just used Goldcar again for 2 weeks.No problems at all.
Ford Fusion with 1000 km on the clock.Nice car but as foodlover states we were charged for a full tank(80 euros) which we didn,t use.
Will maybe try a new company next time.

Charlotte