Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2003, 22:09
Sun Properties

Default Car - rent or buy

We have just purchased a place in Llenaire ( ) and intend coming out for around 10 - 12 weeks each year. To date we have used Europa Car Hire from the airport and have had an excellent service. For a 4 door Fiesta type car the average is £110 p.w. so if we come out 11 weeks a year this will cost us around £1200. We don't like using the taxis as we like to drive around the island when on holiday and visit different places.
There seems to be a good storage compound close to the airport where we could leave our own car if we purchased and the costs seem reasonable.
As I see it I have three alternatives...
1) Continue to rent
2) Purchase on the island and worry about storage and breakdowns etc
3) Purchase LHD in UK and drive down to the island and say once a year bring back to UK.

Anyone faced a similar dilemna and what do you suggest ?

KAB
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2003, 20:01
santjordi

Hi,

Dont know if you had any look on the car front, I bought a place in pollenca earlier this year and have spent a fortune on car hire, apart from the new sales rooms at the end of the motorway (INCA) does anyone know where there is a good second hand car sales place I was looking for a soft top jeep type of thing or any softop come to think of it. I only have a couple of grand max though.
Old 05-11-2003, 16:53

Default To Buy or Not To Buy That is The Question

The answer is simple...BUY!
We were spending money on hire cars etc.
We bought a small car second-hand from the Renault agent in Pollensa (Pedro the owner was most helpful).
We insured through Direct Line in Spain (everything done in English)
We got a 12 month contract with Parking Plus on Floor 6 at the airport.
We come off the plane (doesn't matter if the plane is delayed) ,cross the road and get in the car. The car is secure ,undercover and always available.

We sold our car last week. It sold for £150 less than we paid for it 2 years ago!

I hope this helps.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:51
Sun Properties

Default To buy or not to buy

Frito
Thanks for your help......we were thinking that a purchase was the best way to go. Do you have a 'phone number or e-mail address for Pedro and what sort of cars / prices does he have ? We don't want anything special so long as it can take 4 of us and a reasonable amount of luggage.....air con would be nice. How much was the insurance ? How much does Parking Plus cost ?

Thanks again in anticipation of a response

KAB
Old 06-11-2003, 20:04

Pedro is Pedro Payeras. He is the Renault agent in Pollensa. His garage is situated opposite the petrol station in Pollensa.
His phone number is 971 531 805
His fax number is 971 318 050
It's best to go in and see him. His English is better face to face than on the phone!
He has connections with the Renault agent in Sa Pobla, so has access to a range of second-hand cars, not just Renault.

People also speak well of the Renault agent near the roundabout where the Puerto Pollensa road meets the Palma-Alcudia road.

Parking Plus cost 606 euros. It may seem a bit expensive, but your car is secure, under-cover and avaiable 24 hours a day at the airport.
Parking Plus also give you two cards to access the car-park which means that if friends are following you out, they can have access to the car and the car-park without problems.
Parking Plus phone number is 971 787598

Linea Directa were great with the insurance. They even took my U.K. no claims into consideration.
International customer service 902 325 325

I hope this is useful.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:22
Sun Properties

Default Car

Brilliant - thanx Frito.8)
KAB
Old 09-03-2004, 19:23
blondie

Default Car, rent or buy

We want to buy a car to keep in Mallorca, we went to the Ford dealer in Inca, and he said we would not get anything second hand for 4,000 euros, is this just the ford dealer or are cars more expensive in Mallorca?
Also when we were there last week we could not find any second hand car dealers!
Please can someone help. :rolleyes