Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2017, 13:09

Default Resort Hoppa

Have booked with them for PP IN June and then received an e mail from them requesting the full address of the private apartment and the GPS co-ordinates ??
As we have requested a drop off at the EOLO Hotel so I thought this a bit strange .Has anyone else had a similar e mail ?

Scotslizzy
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2017, 14:45

Haven't heard about that, but maybe you can contact them and ask what this is about?
Is it a shared shuttle you're using?
Sounds a tad strange alright.

https://www.hoppa.com/ie/contactus

Quote:
e-mail: heretohelp@hoppa.com
call: +44(0)1483 804803
Old 12-04-2017, 09:48

Probably to do with the gov't anti terrorism measures where everybody coming to the island has to be identified/registered...is that not what biometric passports are for? (and I realise not everyone has them yet).
Old 13-04-2017, 14:33

Unhappy Beware 'Hoppa'

My son had booked RH for a return transfer to Palma airport from PP. He was told that he would be picked up at 05:00 for an 11:00 flight! He complained to the staff, saying that this went against their policy. He found alternative transport and when he got home RH had refunded the cost of the transfer!

If you are staying in PP avoid RH as they seem to go via Can Picafort and Alcudia on their way to PP and pick up first in PP on the way back, making a very long and tedious journey.

There are other alternatives if you search for Pollensa transfers on the web or this site.

I certainly will not be using them again until they offer an acceptable service.
Old 13-04-2017, 15:44

I`m amazed you got a refund, I've been waiting 2 years despite numerous emails & phone calls after they didn't bother to pick my Son & partner up for a return journey.
Bekki likes this.
Old 13-04-2017, 18:10

Hiya, I too had terrible problems with RH last year. I sent them a public message on their Facebook page and they very quickly contacted me and I got my refund. Might help.
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 15-04-2017, 07:29

Default Still Not heard from them

I e mailed RH about the strange e mail we got and have not heard back from them.
FB might /will be my next step.

We have booked the speedy RH coach where they confirm only 4 stops. We have used them in the past and they have been fine but now getting nervous!

Scotslizzy
Old 15-04-2017, 09:12

@scotslizzy

In laws are booked on a speedy shuttle as well in about 3 weeks, with a drop off at the Pollensa Park hotel. They haven't received an email looking for the apartment address or GPS coordinates. Will let you know how they fare.
Old 15-04-2017, 13:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslizzy View Post
Have booked with them for PP IN June and then received an e mail from them requesting the full address of the private apartment and the GPS co-ordinates ??
As we have requested a drop off at the EOLO Hotel so I thought this a bit strange .Has anyone else had a similar e mail ?

Scotslizzy
Is The Eolo open this year? Maybe they thought it was not, as they will only drop off at Official Hotels etc.

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 15-04-2017 at 13:56.
Old 16-04-2017, 09:20

It would seem the only way to get a refund is to really kick off and threaten negative publicity!
Old 16-04-2017, 10:46

My daughter used RH two weeks ago - it took over 3 hours from the airport to PP. For the return she had an 11.30am flight and RH insisted on a 6.30am pickup. She booked a taxi instead and has asked for a refund but had no response.
Old 16-04-2017, 23:10

We used Shuttle Direct for our coach transfer to Puerto Pollensa on Friday. There were no queues at the Viajes Urbis desk. We were then directed to the Transunion coach desk at the far end of the terminal. At the Transunion Desk were were given a printed docket, stating the coach number & the coach park area it was in.
The driver put our luggage on board & we then waited 45 minutes for more travellers to board. Unlike the Hoppa coaches, we came directly to Puerto pollensa, albeit via Cala San Vicente. We were the 3rd stop in the port. Excellent service all round.
LK1960 likes this.

Last edited by Lorenzo; 26-04-2017 at 12:22.
Old 17-04-2017, 08:21

Default Finally got a response

Got a more reassuring e mail from Resort Hoppa apologising for the incorrect e mail from their partner e mail address. So as we have booked the speedy shuttle (only4 stops) we will stick with them as out previous experience with them was fine.

We do not arrive until 17th June so will keep checking this forum in case of any major issues.

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Old 17-04-2017, 09:50

We've super transfers this April too with Shuttle direct. No wait time at Palma once on the bus and 2nd stop in Puerto Pollensa with no diversions
Lorenzo and cumberland8 like this.
Old 26-04-2017, 08:54

Smile

Just back from Mallorca with a very mixed experience with Hoppa. This isn’t meant to come over as a rant and perhaps should have seen this coming but is intended a potential warning for other users.

First off, I should state that I’ve used this service 3-4 times annually for years with mostly excellent service; occasional long waits at the airport and sometimes having to go through Acludia but mostly good - for the price. My parents use the service more than I do with again, mostly good service. I also used Transunion a couple of times last year when Hoppa were going through their ‘teething’ issues with the new service provider however after a year I expected them to have their act together, the price when booking made it too good to pass up and I’d heard promising reports from other users. However…

• Almost 80 min wait at PMI (max 45 min stated)
• We were 14th stop (max promised 10) and still people were on our bus when we departed
• Bus turned off at Inca –> Sineu -> Sta Margalida -> Can Picafort -> Acludia -> Pto Pollenca so slow back roads in the middle of the night with no explanation
• Dropped off 4 hours after checking in to Hoppa Desk
• Guys on our bus had booked ‘Speedy Shuttle’ (max 6 stops) and were the drop off before us. They were beyond livid.

When waiting at PMI I was close to walking off the bus a few times but always had the feeling that if I did, it would leave. My girlfriend was also very tired and was sleeping so didn’t want to disrupt her. At least the bus was new, clean and very comfortable but other people on that bus were already annoyed.
I should point out this was late on a Thursday night in April so not exactly a ‘peak’ time of the season but given there was over 10 people going to PP on this bus and >20 to to other destinations surely it would have made sense to lay on a separate shuttle for us and another for Can Picafort/ Alcudia? This is what used to happen; the old Urbis desk seemed to have a relationship with other bus companies when if you’d just missed a bus or were the only one going they would put you on another coach or (as happened to me a few times) put in a taxi or small minibus but the new Palma Coaches service does not seem to offer this or have as many coaches as their competitors.

I was initially going to cancel our return trip on Hoppa but decided to wait and see how early our pickup would be for the 10:40 flight home (partly to add to my complaint letter). Surprisingly we were given a 07:20 pickup time so decided we would go for this (having paid it already) and if it was clear the bus was going back via Alcudia or would be a long trip, would decline and take a taxi. On collection, we were the second to last pick up and 45 mins afterwards we were at the door of PMI however it was clear that there were people on that coach who had been there for a very long time already…

I will write to Hoppa to complain about the service we experienced but at the same time will praise the excellent return journey but the initial service from PMI is enough to put us off using them again and have already booked future trips this year with Transunion.

TLDR: Horrific journey out, perhaps should have known better. Return journey excellent but still booking Transunion for next trip.
LK1960, mike_dublin and Tangoman like this.

Last edited by ab11; 26-04-2017 at 09:04. Reason: typos