Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2017, 08:55

Default Worrying

I thought I had nothing to worry about after my e mail from Hoppa but this has brought all my concerns out again.

We are flying out on 17th June (only paid a deposit ) and our flight is early morning and have elected to take the speedy shuttle ,only four stops. In your opinion do you think that they will honour the contract or stick us on a tour of north Majorca (just like your journey) or because it is June will have the speedy bus as advertised.

Oh dear .....
Scotslizzy
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2017, 22:20

I have used Hoppa a number of times and have found them to be decent. Only had one bad journey when the speedy shuttle drove around Alcudia for one hour and dropped us off at a tiny hotel called Miramar in Alcudia instead of the one in PP.
I booked them again for the 18th June and have had a receipt for a company called Palma Coach. All seems in order.
I am sure that all will be fine Scotslizzy.
If not,it's a great excuse to pour more gin into the first G and T than usual.
Have a great holiday.
Shaun&Caro likes this.
Old 18-05-2017, 07:47

Just back from a wee holiday in Turkey (very good value for money ).
Anyway received yet another e mail from Resort Hoppa about a change of actual carrier to Jumbo Tours .SOOOO I really do hope that this new supplier will honour our speedy shuttle to PP and back again. I will ensure that we have plenty of euros on us in case of emergencies!

Like you we have used Resort Hoppa in the past but you just get concerned when reading some of the reports on here.
p.s. Mines a Margarita no salt !

Scotslizzy
mike_dublin likes this.
Old 18-05-2017, 08:48

@scotslizzy

In laws back last night from PP and their Hoopa speedy shuttle experience was as follows.

Airport --> PP
Due to a lack of clear signage it took them a while to locate the right desk for the shuttle at the airport.
They were then put on a large coach.
It turned out that the coach worked as a speedy shuttle with only four stops but with more passengers than you'd expect.
They arrived in PP in no time at all and apart from the initial confusion they were happy enough with their transfer

PP --> airport
6 seater Mercedes arrived at the notified time (20:15 for a 23:15 take off) with only another two passengers for the trip. Very speedy trip to the airport. Very satisfied.

Last edited by mike_dublin; 18-05-2017 at 08:52. Reason: typo
Old 18-05-2017, 09:21

Default Thanks

Well that has put my mind at rest.

Scotslizzy
Old 15-06-2017, 21:07

Thought I would double check my email for our transfer on Sunday and which was booked with Hoppa and ended up being provided by Palma Coach.
The email mentioned that their desk is closed on Saturday and Sunday so I called them and they said that they no longer deal with Palma Coach and the transfer is now with Transunion, who we have used successfully before.
Bit frustrating that they had changed the transfer provider and not thought to tell me, so had I not have called I would have been a bit miffed when I arrived.
If you have booked with Hoppa and they have names Palma Coach on the ticket,I would suggest you give them a call.
Old 27-06-2017, 17:24

just got another email from hoppa confirming my transfer on 21st and it mow looks like its a third company we are getting "jumbo tours espana" we are going for a shuttle transfer max 4 stopped rather than the tour of alcudia and can pica fort , just wonder why they are changing transfer companies so much
Old 28-06-2017, 08:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg1973 View Post
just got another email from hoppa confirming my transfer on 21st and it mow looks like its a third company we are getting "jumbo tours espana" we are going for a shuttle transfer max 4 stopped rather than the tour of alcudia and can pica fort , just wonder why they are changing transfer companies so much
Probably as they're really a broker they go from one transfer company to another to get the best deal.
After our last 'experience' I cancelled our next trip with Hoppa and booked direct with Transunion only to find out that Hoppa had changed to use Transunion...
Old 28-06-2017, 16:46

We had family over earlier this month, and Resorthoppa used a private company to make the transfer.

The coach driver was clearly not familiar with the area and made Mar Senses his first stop, despite a number of passengers wanting locations like the Daina and Miramar.

Luckily, most of the passengers knew where they were going, and got off and walked, but if it was your first time in PP, it would not have been a great start.
Tommo likes this.
Old 30-06-2017, 17:08

Default Nothing to Worry About

Just got back yesterday and despite all the worry and strange e mails our transfers with Hoppa were absolutely fine. No major wait at the Airport and when we got picked up outside the pre-arranged place.

Both transfers were with Transunion and we got what we paid for . Speedy shuttles (only 4 stops).

Hope this helps others who have booked via Hoppa.

Scotslizzy
LK1960 and Tommo like this.
Old 01-07-2017, 00:20

Have to agree with Scottslizzy as we also had no problems with the transfer process. We returned yesterday and both transfers were on time and speedy. Transunion were great.
scotslizzy and Tommo like this.