Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-06-2016, 17:47

Default Resort Hoppa

Hi, after having awful outgoing experience with Hoppa last year, but excellent return experience i decided to give them another try!! Although twice the price of last year my major concern is we don't land until midnight, must be going crazy in my older age!!, Has anyone had an experience of this time?? Also return flight is 7.25 am, omg, worrying about ridiculous pick up time!! Any replies really grateful for thank you x
Sponsored Links
Old 16-06-2016, 23:23

Hi Janey - there are quite a few posts about this under the 'Palma Coaches welcome desk' thread.
Things may have changed/improved since our trips in April and May this year but we had various concerns about the service offered by the new company used by Resort Hoppa.
The main problem for us was that Palma Coaches seem to have routed their coaches via Alcudia and Can Picanfort before heading to Puerto Pollenss so a long old 'scenic' journey before getting to our appointed drop off point.

Collection times for the trip back varied between 5 and 6 hours before scheduled departure times for various friends. This is far too early and clearly the new operator is arranging things for their benefit and not for the benefit of Hoppa.com customers. When we tried to ring to cancel the pick-ups, no-one at Palma Coaches answered the phones - we tried their main phone number on three separate occasions and then tried their emergency number - and still no-one answered.
El Gordo likes this.
Old 17-06-2016, 08:24

Friends of ours landed on Wednesday about 22:00. After one hours wait and pandamonium at the hoppa desk they chucked it and ended up getting a taxi.

Avoid.
Old 17-06-2016, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
Friends of ours landed on Wednesday about 22:00. After one hours wait and pandamonium at the hoppa desk they chucked it and ended up getting a taxi.

Avoid.
Oh dear.....that's awful. Going to try public transport next week and see how we get on. Not worried about inward journey as we can take as much time as we need, just haven't decided how we will get back to airport for our 11.20am return flight but, as a former Hoppa fan, will be taking your advice and avoiding this year.
Old 17-06-2016, 10:40

Default Taxi?

We are a group of 8/9 ladies and in the last 3 years have always used taxis(minibus in fact) . No matter what the times, they have been great , and not too horrendously expensive, however I realise with 8 of us it divides up nicely! Not quite the same for a family perhaps.
Old 17-06-2016, 16:54

We landed in Palma last night at 7.40 having booked with Transunion for our transfer. Straight on to the coach 25 minute wait for other travellers and away. Checked into hotel in PP at 9.20 ! Can't beat that service and it cost less than price quoted by Hoppa.
LK1960 and Lorenzo like this.
Old 17-06-2016, 18:00

Our granddaughter and partner arrived at Palma last weekend at 12.40 am having pre-booked 'Hoppa' . After over an hour no coach turned up and after numerous phone calls, they took a taxi to the port, hopefully paid for by Hoppa. We await her experience for the return journey next week.
After our fiasco with Hoppa in April, we cancelled for September (full refund) and re-booked through Go Compare (Transunion coaches) which was considerably cheaper. Will report how we get on in September.
Old 18-06-2016, 10:13

I recommend Balearic Transfers.com. They're doing 5% off at the moment via their website. It's a private taxi and they wait for you in arrivals with your name on a card. We used them in May/June and were so impressed we've booked them again for July. Costs more than Hoppa of course, but more reliable in my opinion. There is also Taxis Conde who seem to get good reviews on here. They have a website: conde transfers.com.
jjacks likes this.
Old 18-06-2016, 14:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonsyl View Post
We landed in Palma last night at 7.40 having booked with Transunion for our transfer. Straight on to the coach 25 minute wait for other travellers and away. Checked into hotel in PP at 9.20 ! Can't beat that service and it cost less than price quoted by Hoppa.
This sounds great and so I have looked at the website for Transunion. There doesn't seem to be a drop down option for Puerto Pollensa though only Puerto Alcudia and Pollensa. Does it go through into PP itself? Thank you to anyone that can help with this question.
Old 18-06-2016, 16:22

Hi Bekki,
I too looked at transiunion site and noticed PP wasn't on drop down. So went on a stage further and found if you select Pollensa as destination you get a drop down of all hotels PP included. Trying to weigh up whether to cancel hoppa and give transunion a try instead. Is it worth the hassle?
Bekki likes this.
Old 18-06-2016, 16:28

I am also considering cancelling Hoppa but a bit concerned on whether money will be refunded?
Old 18-06-2016, 17:53

We arrived on Wednesday & to be fair to Hopper they had problems with delayed flights ours being one hour late arriving 18.00 not 17.00.
We were told to wait with a few other people after 40 mins we went back to the Hoppa desk
asked how much longer would it be and to our surprise a taxi driver waiting for a later flight suggested to the girl on the desk he could take us to PP.
We will see what happens on our return to the airport in a few weeks time and will post good or bad review ??
Old 19-06-2016, 08:15

Transunion seem to have a greater control at Palma in as much as they have a supervisor in the coach park constantly checking the drivers and making sure they are operating to their schedule.
LK1960, Lorenzo and cumberland8 like this.
Old 26-06-2016, 10:13

So sorry to bother all again but after booking Hoppa and reading such bad reports want to cancel have emailed them and no response?? Actually emailed numerous times!! Anyway my question is does anyone know please if I do cancel how long before monies refunded, thank you x
Old 26-06-2016, 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janey View Post
So sorry to bother all again but after booking Hoppa and reading such bad reports want to cancel have emailed them and no response?? Actually emailed numerous times!! Anyway my question is does anyone know please if I do cancel how long before monies refunded, thank you x
Here are the cancellation terms, copied from hoppa.com:

"How can I cancel my booking and how much will it cost?
If you would like to cancel your booking please use the 'My bookings' section of the website.

The cancellation fees only apply if you have booked with us directly. If you have booked with a travel agent please contact them for more information.

Cancellation fees apply as below:

> Bookings cancelled 60 days prior to outbound journey date 10% of original booking price

> Bookings cancelled 60-15 days prior to outbound journey date 25% of original booking price

> Bookings cancelled inside 14 days prior to outbound journey date 100% of original booking price

Please note - in the case of ‘No show’ your booking will be non refundable.

Your outbound journey date is the first part of a return journey or the date of a one way journey, depending on your booking.

You cannot cancel your return journey when it is booked as part of a return service after the outbound journey date has passed. Cancellation credit cannot be moved between bookings."

My FlickR Photos