Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-08-2016, 16:44

Duva now own Conde or part of it according to something I read recently.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-08-2016, 19:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
Duva now own Conde or part of it according to something I read recently.
Yes, that is correct.
Old 20-08-2016, 20:09

Favie, that is why we didn't say anything last year when Jose was using his phone to text and call people (not hands free) as we weren't sure if it was illegal or not but looked it up later and found that it was. As I said before, everytime we walked past their new office in the square, there were a couple of people staring at computer screens but apparently not answering emails according to posts on here!

As with restaurants that are not satisfactory, there are other taxi companies to use if unhappy or failing that the official taxis at the airport or the rank in PP.
Old 19-09-2016, 18:01

just recd e mail from Jose saying his website has been hacked and he has been loosing business and getting bad reports ,anyone else know about this ?

Jose Maria Conde Sicilia

Dear client,

unfortunately during the past few months my business has been hacked. I have learned that the ones responsible for this have sent a mailshot to all of my contacts, pretending to be me, and with the excuse of 'Data Protection' asking them to use an erroneous (their own) email address.

To make matters worse, they have provided the transfers, and have been giving a very poor service to my clients of many years standing.

For this reason I have changed my contact details. I would like to continue to offer you the same reliable service I have always given in the past. If you wish to contact me directly in the future, please do so by deleting any previous contacts you have for me, and taking note of my new ones which are:-

email

info@taxisconde.com

or

condesicilia@hotmail.com

website

Palma Airport Transfer to and from the Resorts & Villas - Conde Taxis & Conde Transfer

telephone

+34 658752691

I apologise for any inconvenience caused, and look forward to hearing from you again in the future. Kind regards, .

--
Jose Maria Conde Sicilia
C/ Ramón Vallerina, 4 - 2º. 07470 - Pto. Pollença. Telf.: +34 658 752 691
Palma Airport Transfer to and from the Resorts & Villas - Conde Taxis & Conde Transfer E-mail: info@taxisconde.com
http://www.condetransfer.com
transferpuertopollensa.com - taxipuertopollensa.com
AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD.
Este mensaje, así como los ficheros anexos que puedan acompañarle, son para uso exclusivo del destinatario y pueden contener información confidencial. Si usted no es el destinatario, queda informado que la divulgación, uso o copia del contenido del mismo sin autorización expresa están terminantemente prohibidos. En caso de haber recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente a esta dirección de correo y proceda a su eliminación.
IMPORTANTE:
No imprimas este correo si no es absolutamente necesario. Colabora en la protección del medio ambiente.
Con el fin de no Propagar SPAM y VIRUS, envía tus correos usando CCO.
Old 19-09-2016, 18:35

I have just received the same email.I thought something funny was going on when I received the fake email a few weeks ago.I just hope Jose does not lose too much business because of it.
Old 19-09-2016, 20:41

I'm baffled.

Five days ago I went into the new-this-year Conde office just off the Square. I was clearly informed that Jose Conde was no longer involved and had sold his part of the business recently. That info concurred with the info from Molt in post #29 on this thread.

Can anyone advise what is really happening.

Just yesterday I posted info on a well-known travel forum on what I had experienced and learned about Conde this year. I used them for return trips in May & Sept (booked via website, rather than emails to Jose) and everything was superb (and those bookings were definitely handled via the new office).

Here's an unchanged copy of what I posted just yesterday -

There's been some changes regarding Conde in recent months, and I was able to confirm in more detail recently.

Firstly they put in a new booking website earlier this year; there were some teething problems but futher enhancements have been made subsequently.

A big improvement is that, if you hover the cursor, you get guidance on what departure time actually means (removing a previous ambiguity of whether it's flight departure or accommodation departure on the way home). It's the latter and it tells you that accommodation departure time is 3 hours before flight departure (that's always worked well for us).

Another enhancement is that one gets a booking reference number (surprisingly long, though).

On the business side - I understand -

Whilst the name Conde Transfers has been retained, Jose Conde has now sold his business share to others. He is no longer involved at all. (So always book via website, don't send emails to Jose).

I haven't got precise info, but the new owners seem to be a consortium (my word) of at least three people. One of these is a guy called Cisco. He has been my driver on a couple of Conde bookings in past two years and I was speaking with him in their new office in May (before he became an owner). I was very impressed by his professional approach / quality of service.
Old 20-09-2016, 06:31

Suggest a bit of caution here. Just received an email from Conde saying his account had been hacked and that all his contacts had been taken. This includes taking over bookings that had been sent to him. He gives a new contact email. If the last post is correct I suggest this new email is also dangerous. The email I received also was not in Conde's style if you understand what I mean.
Old 20-09-2016, 08:23

I posted on here a while ago saying we had contacted Conde 3 times no response and Molt advised us Joseph was no longer there and Zarza was recommended

Contacted them prompt response all arranged On arrival at the AirPort Driver with our name on a board so off we go Then in the Taxi we get a phone call from Zaha where were we are In the Taxi !!! It turned out Conde had sent a Taxi ! And we saw their sign first but no name on Taxi so we had no idea it was the wrong company !,

Alicia at Zaha has been very kind as we wanted to pay for the fare but won't let us We have visited Conde but not very helpful said they didn't have our email Strange as how did they get our booking ?

I won't be dealing with them again that's for sure ,
Old 20-09-2016, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper View Post
I posted on here a while ago saying we had contacted Conde 3 times no response and Molt advised us Joseph was no longer there and Zarza was recommended

Contacted them prompt response all arranged On arrival at the AirPort Driver with our name on a board so off we go Then in the Taxi we get a phone call from Zaha where were we are In the Taxi !!! It turned out Conde had sent a Taxi ! And we saw their sign first but no name on Taxi so we had no idea it was the wrong company !,

Alicia at Zaha has been very kind as we wanted to pay for the fare but won't let us We have visited Conde but not very helpful said they didn't have our email Strange as how did they get our booking ?

I won't be dealing with them again that's for sure ,
This all seems very strange/dodgy and worrying, things need clarfying, and quickly.
Tommo likes this.
Old 20-09-2016, 16:20

This is straight from the horses mouth.

The e-mails, website and mobile number given in the message published above are correct and belong to Jose, ex Conde Transfer, as his surname is Conde.

To cut a long story short, and without going into too much detail, he is back in business by himself and is again, amongst other things, offering a shuttle service to and from the airport.

The original company was called Conde as he started it together with a partner called Xisco.

Xisco decided to continue running the original company, with two other partners, after Jose decided to take a sabbatical.

The office next to the Plaza has nothing to do with him.

Molt
pollensa likes this.

Last edited by Molt de Renou; 20-09-2016 at 16:39.
Old 26-09-2016, 10:35
Founder

We have contacted Jose Conde, the owner of Taxis Conde and he assures us that
"he is and will carry on offering the same service as always. While it is true that he had some problems with one of his employees, who no longer works for him, this has now been resolved. If you would like to book a taxi with him you can call Jose on (+34) 658752691, or email him on condesicilia@hotmail.com"
Sparky, lollipop and Tangoman like this.
Old 26-09-2016, 14:40

Disappointed to hear that Jose had problems

We were upset with what happened to us but as Alicia at ZaZa was so good to us over the missed fare we feel we must carry on useing them now