Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By marilyn
  • 2 Post By pansy potter
  • 1 Post By Gommar Goffer
  • 3 Post By pansy potter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2015, 16:50

Default Terrys Car Hire

Does anyone know if Terrys is still in operation. A family member emailed for a quote a few days ago but has heard nothing from them? I emailed for a quote yesterday (for a different booking) and nothing!

We are heading out mid July and cant face the hire car queues in the airport which was why Terrys appealed so much to us! We are considering the other option of taking a taxi to the villa and picking up a hire car in the resort.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2015, 17:02

The power of the PP Forum....within 5 minutes of posting my thread I got an email from Terrys! They are still in operation but their quote was 215 euros more than the airport terminal options Do i hate queuing that much
Old 12-02-2015, 17:06

I had an email back from them a couple of days ago. They sometimes take 2 or 3 days to send a quote back depending on day of the week.

I agree regarding queues. Other hire companies might appear cheaper but by the time you add on extra insurances and extra for additional drivers, not much in it. Plus the big benefit is IMO knowing that once your luggage is through you will be on the road in 10 minutes,
Jupiter1972 likes this.
Old 12-02-2015, 18:49

Terrys every time for me. No pressure at the airport to take out some scandalous insurance.
Always reliable and NO queues!. Booked a focus estate type car for 12 days in August 591 euros inc full tank fuel, circa £450. I have paid more else where in the past.
Old 13-02-2015, 14:57

Went with Terrys out of season a few years ago so the price wasn't too bad. However the quote I recently got for last 2 weeks in July was €671 for 2 weeks!! And from experience, the cars were scratched and in need of repair (ours broke down after 3 days, luckily outside our villa) I know there are other companies that leave the car in the car park or off site. Each to their own though.
Old 14-02-2015, 12:10

Have you tried Sixt , their prices very good approx £475 for 2 weeks in July , full / full policy excellent cars no pressure for extra insurance and no queues
We ve used for the last 5 years or so wherever we need to hire a car and no problems at all, very efficient in every department .
Lorenzo and roig cat like this.
Old 14-02-2015, 16:05

Just checked, Via Doyouspain, you can get a ford focus for last two weeks in July from Record for 355 Euros!!
That's about £275 at the moment.

My FlickR Photos
Old 14-02-2015, 20:22

Sounds like a great deal but you don't know who your re booking with and you have to pay now ! I like to know who I'm booking my car with as these agents use a variety of companies and can change you at the last minute. I hope they use reputable companies but after many car hire problems I believe you get what you pay for !
Old 14-02-2015, 21:35

Given the exchange rate I would pay now anyway and with Doyouspain you can easily cancel if you do not like who you end up with. I just had 14 days via doyouspain with Drivealia - alpha guilietta with full tank £135.
El Gordo likes this.
Old 14-02-2015, 21:48

Yes that's excellent but if you filter your selections and choose on airport pick up and full / full policy and a second driver the price goes right up by at least €140 hopefully the exchange rate will continue to get stronger as months go by so maybe even a better deal !
At least with a company like Sixt there is an excellent customer service centre free second driver loss damage waiver with €0 excess and problems sorted very quickly without any problems .unfortunately we ve had too many bad experiences with goldcar , record etc to chance them again. Hopefully these companies will pull their socks up so we can enjoy cheaper stress free car hire .
Lorenzo, ragdollabbi and roig cat like this.

Last edited by pansy potter; 14-02-2015 at 22:17.
Old 23-02-2015, 10:21

Roy, Before you comment , Just in case you see the name of this company, no, I have not bought a car hire firm in Mallorca. It has nothing to do with me