Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2015, 09:43

Default Hoppa or taxi?

To those who are not sure whether to opt for the Hoppa or a taxi, it might be worth considering balearic-transfer.com We have used them several times to and from the airport and found them to be excellent. They only charge 65 euros per journey and will meet you inside the airport for your journey direct to your accommodation. You do need to book in advance of course.
Lorenzo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2015, 15:02

The new timetables are out on the TIB website for the buses to and from the airport, the number 340, almost identical to last years, as far as I can see one leaves just 10 mins earlier that's all!!

PS still 6.30 euros

On island time!!

Last edited by sws97sdg; 05-05-2015 at 15:04. Reason: price added
Old 05-05-2015, 15:12

Hi Goldilocks

Is that price of 65 Euros for a private Taxi transfer for 2 people, or a coach journey??
Old 05-05-2015, 17:09

Default Transfer from the airport

The 65 euro transfer is a private transfer to or from your accommodation. We have found them to be reliable if a taxi is what you require and much cheaper!
Tangoman likes this.
Old 05-05-2015, 17:29
Super Moderator

Do look here Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers for a comprehensive list of taxis, transfer companies also bus timetables (2014) and fares .
Old 25-04-2016, 12:16

The 2016 timetable for the 340 is now out and on the TIB webpage, similar to last years.
If you follow the links on the left here under 'Once you are there' and Buses & trains' it will take you to it
Sparky and Bekki like this.

On island time!!

Last edited by sws97sdg; 25-04-2016 at 12:18.
Old 25-04-2016, 12:59
Super Moderator

Here is the link :- Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers .
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:50

Following on from my positive report on 'Hoppa' on our inward journey on 17th April, here is part two for our outward journey yesterday.
Our flight was at 8.15pm. Advised pick-up time from hotel was 3.37pm! At 3.25pm a minibus arrived with 2 passengers already on board. We then proceeded on a circular tour of Alcudia. Arrived at the first hotel and had to wait 20 mins as the time given to the driver was 20mins before the time given to the passengers! Then two more pick-ups in Alcudia. Onwards to C'an Picafort. At first hotel, after waiting 15 mins no-one showed up. On to the next two pick-ups at the far end of C'an Picafort. By this time frustration had kicked in. However, the mood lightened a little, when I heard the guy sitting behind (first passenger picked up in PP) mutter "We have been on this bus so long my finger nails need cutting" Well, this just cracked me up, and definitely relieved the frustration.
Finally, on the drive back through C'an Picafort, the driver called a second time at the hotel just to make sure the 'no-shows' hadn't turned up in the meantime. They hadn't. Total now on board was just 9. So, at last we were on our way to the airport, where we arrived at 5.45pm, after a 2hr 20min journey! At least we had good value for money on the distance we had covered, as "Mr Wisecrack" correctly pointed out before we all disembarked! But the good news is our flight departed on time, thank goodness.
Lorenzo and Nick like this.
Old 07-05-2016, 13:47

I totally sympathise, as we had a similar experience with Hoppa in April. I have decided to choose an alternative mode of transport for July, as the thought of a journey of getting off the plane at Palma and reaching PP taking longer than me leaving my home in Newcastle and flying to Majorca did not appeal. It's sad as I have always had good experiences over the past few years. Hopefully it will improve in the future again.
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 07-05-2016, 14:52

Pity Pollensa Shuttle had to shut shop.
Old 07-05-2016, 16:58

We had a similar poor experience with the new coach operator (Palma Coaches) , contracted by www.hoppa.com for the shared shuttles.
Staff at the Palma Coaches desk in the Terminal were not helpful and only waved in the vague direction of the coach park. We ended up on a small scruffy mini-bus which also did the scenic tour of Alcudia and Can Picanfort, with the driver stopping a few times to read his SatNav more clearly as he didn't seem to know where he was going.
Pick-up times for the return journeys for various friends varied between 5 to 6 hours before their scheduled departure times. Hoppa.com also rather unhelpfully sent my friend the contact number for Viajes Urbis (the previous coach company used by them in Mallorca) in a text the day before her scheduled departure day.
When phoning Palma Coaches - the phone was not answered on the three occasions we tried to phone to cancel her pick-up at the hotel. I also tried to phone their 'emergency' number and this was not answered either.

I have written twice - but no answer to my emails either.

Sadly, from what was a very good service it is now very poor.

I see that Viajes Urbis are still doing shared shuttle transfers so we may use them next time.
Old 07-05-2016, 17:08

I too have complained to the feedback email address and received no reply. Customer Service is disappointing.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:53

Following the bad publicity for Hoppa this year my family of 4 booked with 'Shuttle Direct'. They booked a return private transfer from the airport to PP for £120, which makes it cheaper than a taxi. The vehicle was a minibus and their journey took 45 minutes.

Shuttle direct also do shared coach transfers for less than Hoppa, when friends of ours used it recently they came directly to PP and they were the 3rd drop.
Old 08-05-2016, 15:32

We have also always used hoppa but have decided against it for June, I have just booked transfers on the go compare website. £62 return for 5 adults on the transunion coach I was was very happy with 😊
El Gordo likes this.
Old 06-06-2016, 13:03

I have heard much criticism of Hoppa’s performance of late. I therefore E-mailed Hoppa’s agent and asked had they changed their bus route between the Airport and Puerto Pollensa, Their reply is shown in italics.
"Please understand that arrival shuttle are scheduled in an order of closest first, furthest last, a shuttle service that includes for example drop offs at Can Picafort, Alcúdia and Port de Pollença will almost certainly have the first drop offs be made at Can Picafort because otherwise if the first drop offs were in Port de Pollença the passengers inside the vehicle would be passing extremely close to their drop offs on the way to Can Picafort and then once passengers were dropped off at Can Picafort passengers would have to do the journey all the way back in the same route they came from just to be dropped off at a location they had already been fairly close to initially which tends to generate complaints and is logically unpractical making it illogical to drop customer at Port de Pollença before customers from Can Picafort.”
The above is a clear change of policy and adds at least an hour to the journey between the airport/Puerto Pollensa and the return journey. I therefore have advised Hoppa that I will not be using their service which has previously been excellent. I expect that many visitors to PP will do the same.
The McGs