Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Beaches

Beaches Do you have a favourite beach? Know of any activities on specific beaches?

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 13:48

Default Beach beds

Is there any news yet on what will be happening (or not as the case may be ) with the beachbeds this season.

Would like to think that there may be some beds & umbrellas for when we are back in a few weeks but I am probably being a little too hopeful

Eating Out
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2012, 14:08
Super Moderator

Cath i am afraid not, the tender for the contract only went out a couple of weeks ago , but it seems unlikely that last years operator will be doing it as they did not fulfil the terms of the contract, ie:- the beach was not maintained during the winter .
lollipop likes this.
Old 03-04-2012, 13:08

I would like to think that maybe the Eu Moll team will be lucky again this year as they do put something back into the local community.
Sparky, JMD40 and Lorenzo like this.
Old 03-04-2012, 13:10
Super Moderator

Yes i agree with you Lollipop .
Old 03-04-2012, 20:42

It is a subject that makes my blood boil every year.... the summer season has always been generally accepted as 1st April to 31st October however the beach prefers to operate 1st May and then commence removing sunbeds and parasols mid October. The explanation is that the staff finish their work contracts at the end of October so they have to have the beach cleared by then, but it is the same in the Hotels and they do not start moving the beds from the bedrooms or the tables from the dining room whilst there are clients do they? Its a sad situation seeing so many people laying on the sand this week.
eleanor and usandthewoof like this.
Old 03-04-2012, 22:43

It is very frustrating ..last year was even more of a farce...beds were there for 2 days then removed due to the change of contract.

As we have not got a good knee or hip between us both we could put on a good show trying to get up from the sand

Eating Out
Old 22-04-2012, 19:00

Default Beach Sunbeds?

Is there any beds & parasols yet? If so what are we being charged this year, daily & weekly. Back in a couple of weeks 10th May
Old 22-04-2012, 19:59
Super Moderator

Nothing yet i'm afraid .
Old 22-04-2012, 20:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Nothing yet i'm afraid .
There was a tractor raking the sand last week, is that a sign of a new contrat/or in action?

jimbo
Old 22-04-2012, 21:19

Hi TackyM, last year they were still putting beds and 'slightly tacky' (in comparison with previous) parasols out during the first week in June!!! Due to new beach company's late appointment. Apparently our favourite Local Authority are changing again hence the delay which really can upset people arriving early season for their hols'.
I believe I saw something (on this forum somewhere) suggesting it would be 12E for 'uno parasol y dos hermacas' per day. I also believe that last years Beach Company started a scheme where you could get some discount if you paid for a week 'up-front'. Maybe one of our 'local' members could confirm. Anyway, enjoy your hol' and keep your fingers crossed that they get on with the job of getting it sorted.
Old 23-04-2012, 09:07

hopefully if the council have sorted out the contract we should see beds by the beginning of next week,being the 1st May
Old 23-04-2012, 16:37

The company who had the contract last year charged 11€ for 2 beds and a shade but they also charged less for half a day (after 3pm)..you could also pay in advance for 3 or more consecutive days and get it slightly cheaper.

Eating Out
Old 30-04-2012, 09:32
Super Moderator

Found this on the ajuntamenta website, looks like the beach won't be ready before mid May at the earliest :-

Title: SEASON OF OPERATION OF THE SERVICES TO THE COAST OF POLLENÇA OUT FOR THE SEASON 2012 Deadline:

THE NEW TERM ENDS 26 April 2012 Budget based bidding:

A. - Lot beaches of Cala San Vicente: € 23,000 / year , improved upward B. - Lot canoes Cala Molins: € 1,000 / year, improved upward C. - Lot Formentor beach: € 81,000 / year, improved upward D. - Beach Lot of Albercuix: € 62,000 / year, improved upward E. - Lot Beach Tamarells: € 257,000 / year, improved upward F. - Lot Sailing School The Throat: € 40,000 / year, improved to the Boost G. - Lot channels without motor boats on the beaches of Albercuix and Tamarells: € 39,000 / year, improved upward H. - Lot channels in motor boats and beaches Albercuix Tamarells: € 33,000 / season improved upward I. - Lot of beach canoes Tamarells: € 8,750 / year, improved upward J. - Lot motor boats pontoon left of the throat: € 3,000 / year, improved upward K. - Lot point robbery of the jetty Llenaire: € 4,000 / year, improved to increase the contract period: from date of award until 30 November 2012, extended for three more seasons.
Old 30-04-2012, 16:11

Aaaahhhhhh!!! - Nothing changes then, looks like being just as late as previous few years. Latter part of May / Early June.
Bidding process more complicated than most people realise (hence would expect it to be started earlier) - in fact 11 seperate 'Lots' on the L/A list posted by Sparky.
Obviously some areas, e.g. Formentor Beach, far more lucrative than others - the seemingly declining (though I still very much like the place) C.V. Beaches being one of them.
I'm sure it will all be sorted in due course and there will be many, many happy people taking their hol's and hiring the sun-beds in PP again this summer.
lollipop likes this.
Old 30-04-2012, 20:11

Sparky, I'd like to say I liked your post but not sure I totally understand some of the wording!!!! we can but hope they get it sorted quickly.