Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Beaches

Beaches Do you have a favourite beach? Know of any activities on specific beaches?

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2018, 15:43

Default New Jetty near Capri ?

Hello,
Looking at the Miramar webcam there seems to be a new jetty being built - does anybody know the background - just curious.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2018, 19:09

We are in the Port now (lucky us!) and it looks to me like an existing jetty is being extended.
Old 12-03-2018, 19:20

Smile

Just returned from a couple of weeks - husband took great interest.
New jetty from scratch - old one had fallen into the sea ages ago.
Divers in wet suits - in the really cold weather at the end of February - drilling.
Large round concrete pieces were put in first and as we were leaving last week the concrete cross pieces were being made.
An awful lot of labour and money! But it will be good to see the old jetty re built.
Old 13-03-2018, 08:51

Thanks for the info - will see for ourselves in June - can't wait !
Old 21-03-2018, 12:12
Super Moderator

I just found this posted by the GOB Mallorca on FB :-

Quote:
From the GOB we request the immediate paralysis of these works, that the removal of what has already been established and the imposition of sanctions corresponding to those responsible, to the promoters and builders of the same, are ordered.

In recent days it has been surprising how a new dock is being built on the Anglada Camarassa Walk of the Port of Pollença, about 20 meters long, just in front of the Capri Hotel. This new work, as well as causing a great visual impact within the sea, we consider that there is no justification for when there are other mollets in the area and at very little distance, only tens of meters.

But the most serious from the legality and the fulfillment of the regulations of costs, environmental and urban planning is that it does not appear that has been processed or granted no concession by part of the Ministry of Environment nor processed any study of evaluation of the environmental impacts which can produce these works on the coast of Platja d'Albercuix and the rest of the Bay of Pollença.

It should be remembered that the whole Bay of Pollença is described as a LIC area, being therefore an area protected by its environmental importance and its fragility.

As it deals with works that are carried out within the sea and therefore within a zone of public domain maritime terrestrial, the Coast Law is applicable and this clearly determines to article 64.1 that all occupation with works and Non-detachable facilities will be subject to prior concession granted by the General State Administration.

In response to this action, which must be considered as being extremely serious due to the violation of several regulations that regulate the works and all the actions in the coastal zone and the Bay of Pollença, from the GOB we request the immediate paralysis of these Construction of a dock in front of the Capri Hotel in the Port of Pollença and the removal of the already constructed works is ordered and the sanctions corresponding to those responsible, and the promoters and builders thereof, are imposed.

The GOB has sent the complaint to Demarcación de Costas, Ministry of the Environment and City Council of Pollença.
Old 21-03-2018, 13:10

Oh great! We'll end up with a half built ugly monstrosity as they argue it out for a few years!
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 21-03-2018, 13:19

Crikey. After that statement I expected to see something akin to Southend Pier but alas it's quite a tiddly little thing sitting in the shadow of the port quayside.

If there was already a dilapidated jetty there then I bet it would give them some rights to rejuvenate it.
Old 21-03-2018, 13:29
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by car77 View Post
Oh great! We'll end up with a half built ugly monstrosity as they argue it out for a few years!
It looks like it is finished so i don't know what will happen but GOB Mallorca also tried to stop the new bus stop/station from being built, they didn't succeed as it's very nearly completed .
car77 likes this.
Old 21-03-2018, 14:03

They could nail a bird table to it?
Old 21-03-2018, 16:28

Wish I'd never asked - nothing seems to be easy in PP - apart from a drink looking out to sea that is ;-). Dare I say wish I hadn't opened my GOB !
Sparky and car77 like this.
Old 21-03-2018, 19:23

Oh but you must, DavePP......see what fun we all have!
Tangoman likes this.
Old 23-03-2018, 11:02
Super Moderator

Reported in the MDB https://majorcadailybulletin.com/new...nsa-jetty.html:-

Quote:
Costas reject complaint about "new" Puerto Pollensa jetty

The environmentalists GOB have denounced what they say is the illegal construction of a new jetty in front of the Capri Hotel off the Passeig Anglada Camarasa in Puerto Pollensa. The complaint has been sent to the regional environment ministry, Pollensa town hall and the Costas Authority. It refers to the "visual impact" of the jetty and requests the "immediate cessation of work".

The town hall is itself making enquiries with the Costas. Mayor Miquel Àngel March says that is a "reconstruction" of an old jetty but one that "makes no sense". The Costas Authority points out that the work has the necessary authorisation. It is not new work but maintenance of a jetty for which there is "an old concession". According to the Costas, the concessionaire has requested an extension to the concession period and is obliged to maintain it. Therefore, permission was sought to carry out the work that is currently being undertaken and which is scheduled to take three months at most.

GOB argue that the work is new and that there is no justification for it, given that there are other jetties close by. The environment ministry is keeping out of the argument; it says that it has no powers to intervene in the case.
Old 23-03-2018, 11:35

Looking at the Hotel Miramar webcam it looks as if the jetty is finished. I always thought that the sea at this location was for swimming only, so cannot quite see point of it.
Old 23-03-2018, 13:07

Have you seen the Mayor's new boat?... ;-)
Grandad and Gp1602 like this.
Old 23-03-2018, 16:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobley View Post
Have you seen the Mayor's new boat?... ;-)
Don't tell me it's moored on the new jetty.
Grandad and Gp1602 like this.