Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Beaches (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/beaches/)
-   -   Water parks on beaches?. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/beaches/11304-water-parks-beaches.html)

Sparky 28-05-2014 14:52

Water parks on beaches?.

Look what we might be getting in PP according to the DDM, click on picture to enlarge.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3699/...444cab7c_s.jpgx17pf001 by lyn.sparkes, on Flickr

The story is here :- Cuatro municipios del Nord instalarán parques acuáticos en sus playas - Diario de Mallorca, translated by Google.

Quote:

Four municipalities in Nord installed water parks beaches
Wall has already tendered to Glide Sports SL and now are awaiting the competition Alcudia, Pollença and Santa Margalida

28/05/2014 | 6:30
Nena Carbonell / Pep Córcoles Four of the municipalities in the Nord region plan to install marine parks on the beaches this summer: Wall, which has already awarded; Alcudia, Santa Margalida and Pollença, they will soon.

Wall is preparing for the summer season with the award of new services for bathers after passing the approval of the Department of Coasts Islands. Therefore, and after the last April a new modality is awarded on the island of ocean water park to be located about 160 meters from the waterfront opposite the Parc Alcudia resort, the beach this summer will have two massage areas and a kiosk-bar completely dismantled in the limit with sa Hut des Capellan is Comú.

The licensed massage areas are located one in the old Spa 1, where a bathing area installed after removal of the stall, and the other in the Bath 5, you will be dealing with unfair competition from Asian who walk to Beachfront clandestine offering their services to tourists during the summer months.

Massage services have been awarded to Óscar González M. Lozano by 5,490 per year each. Moreover, the company SL FIA Beach has been awarded the kiosk-bar by 22,101 per year. The municipal administration had also tendered an area for sand castles, but in this case has been unsuccessful.

As regards the water park is worth noting that the Catalan company awarded Glide Sports SL The park is a floating temporary installation, consisting of platforms and marked out around its outer perimeter. The structure is fixed to the seabed by anchors or weights.

The park consists of several devices inflatable game that may go placed independently or connected.
The contractor maintains that "the size of the water park on the number of devices that want to place and depends on it to make it more or less attractive to The Bather ". In this case the surface will occupy is from 1,270 square meters.

Depth
is placed 160 meters from the coastline because according to the mayor, Martí Fornes, "needs some depth and Muro beach is very shallow to almost 70 or 80 meters from the coast

It is a type of installation that involved no motors or power consuming devices so as the promoters have not pollute or risks to users.

Sources also indicate that the council "will not be allowed access to the installation with motor boats to avoid risk. Explains the local authority, should access rowboats.

The use of the facility will be subject to rates that the council has approved. The maximum price is eight euros and the tickets can be purchased at a stall that the dealer installed on the same beach.

The park will be similar to Pollença Wall and will be located 60 meters from the coast. The Can Picafort be somewhat less, since it has only 900 square meters.

Bekki 28-05-2014 16:24

My daughter and friends will love this if it comes to PP. Do we know whereabouts it might be placed?

fil6699 28-05-2014 21:37

Me thinks its not really what we need would be nice in Alcudia ( Nimby) Guilty lol :)

debz1 28-05-2014 22:49

The jury's definitely out on this idea. Apart from the obvious not PP 'ness of it
(that somehow sounds so wrong), it looks a health and safety nightmare :eek:

In fact the jury's back in......Nooooooooooooooo

fil6699 29-05-2014 11:01

LMAO at least you gave the Jury a moment or two Debz for me it was an instant NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
So we will base our No under the Elf and Safety banner so cancel the Nimby thing and lets say I think this could be terribly unsafe . So its best we don't have it in PP :)

Sparky 29-05-2014 11:06

As i understand it there will be attendants overseeing each one, so maybe not an "elf and safety" issue.

fil6699 29-05-2014 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 94865)
As i understand it there will be attendants overseeing each one, so maybe not an "elf and safety" issue.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h lol:D

goldilocks 29-05-2014 17:10

Do we really want this in PP? This should be sited in Alcudia and not in a quiet resort such as PP!

its cd 29-05-2014 17:56

Alcudia sounds good to me ......

Belladonna 29-05-2014 18:05

Don't they already have a water park in Alcudia though?

debz1 29-05-2014 21:18

[QUOTE=Belladonna;94878]Don't they already have a water park in Alcudia though?[/QUOTE

Yes they do have a water park in Alcudia but not like this...what appears to be a huge floating lilo in the sea! :eek:

I think even with lifeguards this looks so hazardous. In the photo there's a kid leaping off the top of one of the slides straight into the sea, and loads running up and down slides without any sides. Typical Spanish madness :eek:

Belladonna 29-05-2014 21:21

Absolutely. But how many lifeguards are there?? ;):rolleyes:

lovemallorca 29-05-2014 21:45

Someone's going to need a lot of huff to blow that lot up every morning....Even with one of those big footpumps you can get at the Spar....

roig cat 29-05-2014 21:54

Looks great fun for older kids ( and their parents). Could be a dear do though! 8 euros may only get you 1/2 hour?

majorca veteran 29-05-2014 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by fil6699 (Post 94859)
Me thinks its not really what we need would be nice in Alcudia ( Nimby) Guilty lol :)

I may have commented on something like this in the past. Is this the start of the slippery slope which will bring PP down to the level of some of the less desirable resorts on the island? MAJORCA VETERAN: