Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   23 cyclists looking for lunch (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/9864-23-cyclists-looking-lunch.html)

chiefie 14-03-2013 19:50

23 cyclists looking for lunch

Hello, i'm new to the forum and would appreciate any help and tips from you guys.

I have already looked at the post for restaurants open in the winter, and have seen that there has been a post from another cyclist. My criteria are slightly different as there are 23 of us heading over in May 2013. I appreciate that this number of people may be difficult to accommodate, so please help.......

I'm looking for:

dinner in Puerto Pollensa on Thursday 16th May
lunch in Pollenca on Friday 17th May

and any help for:

dinner in Port de Soller on Friday 17th May

many thanks for your help and recommendations in advance,
Steve

Sparky 14-03-2013 20:07

Hi Chiefie and welcome to the forum :D.

By the time you get here all the restaurants will be open and able to accommodate your party, i would recommend though that you pre-book wherever you decide to go so as to avoid disappointment for you and to give them the time to prepare for such a large group.

mpg.mk1 14-03-2013 21:15

If you are looking to all sit at one long table I would recommend you try the Coral in Puerto Pollensa for you first dinner. I have been to several occasions there where they have catered very well for large numbers, although you may have to sit inside to all sit together. This might be a wellcome change if you have been out in the sun all day - inside is air conditioned.
The Coral has several reviews on this forum - one of the few places that still serves home cut chips, could be great if you are trying to load up on carbs!
As Sparky mentioned where ever you decide you had better book!
If you need contact details let me know.

snowy2007 14-03-2013 21:30

The cyclist restaurant in pp is Tolo's on the front its where they all gather.

I am sure Tolo will fit you in. I sure Sparky will come up with a number or email for you.

Sparky 14-03-2013 22:01

The contact details for Tolos are :-

Tel. 34 971 86 40 46 and email restaurante-tolos@hotmail.com

Nick 15-03-2013 00:17

Just don't read the very recent thread on cyclists and road manners........ ; - )

whaleywanderer 15-03-2013 11:39

Trio is another likely venue, plenty of room, inside and out, good food and good value menu. They do cater for large functions and I'm sure would be only to happy to have your custom with a bit of prior notice.:)

jonquet 16-03-2013 17:16

Last year a film crewe used my house for a days shooting and they oranised a lunch at Trencandora,all 20 of them, so a Pasta meal would no doubt keep you all pedalling!

rainbow 17-03-2013 08:57

Restaurant La Boca in Pollensa could be a good choice for lunch Chiefie. Its an Argentinian bar and grill and they do a great selection of steaks, pasta and open sandwiches. I spoke to one of the staff yesterday and was told they are used to having large numbers. They dont open until the 25th March but here are some contact details for you -
Restaurant tel: 0034 971 530 714 email labocapollensa@gmail.com

chiefie 10-04-2013 20:35

Thanks to you all for your help and guidance