Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By hoopy
  • 1 Post By favie
  • 2 Post By hoopy
  • 1 Post By marilyn
  • 2 Post By copper
  • 1 Post By pollensafan
  • 1 Post By CathB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2018, 10:27

Default Snack Bar / Takeaway

Good morning from a frosty North Wales.

Google earth shows a Snackbar on the corner of Carrier Vela and the promenade. I can't see a name for this and was wondering if it served (sit down) meals - albeit probably outside?
Thinking mainly breakfast or lunch.
Any info welcome
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2018, 15:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerfryn View Post
Good morning from a frosty North Wales.

Google earth shows a Snackbar on the corner of Carrier Vela and the promenade. I can't see a name for this and was wondering if it served (sit down) meals - albeit probably outside?
Thinking mainly breakfast or lunch.
Any info welcome
Thanks.
I have googled mapped it. If you are meaning Carrer De Vela beside the guardia Civil there is a Churo cabin and sometimes a kiosk selling drinks and snacks but I think mostly takeaway. Certainly I think there are only chairs there and really only used to let people get a breather whilst getting a quick drink from the kiosk.

Debz, am I correct in my thinking????
debz1 likes this.
Old 07-02-2018, 15:18

I think it may be this one:

La Talaia By Prodis

Description
Local located in front of Port de Pollença, very cozy and family friendly. Located next to two playgrounds. Enjoy our snacks, cocktails and ice cream with unparalleled views. La Talaia is a place dedicated to the integration of disabled people.
On tripadvisor but no reviews, if it is the one, it used by plenty folk from the beach, only ever had their delicious chocolate pancakes. It is only a kiosk...a very nice one! Seating available at side.
Old 07-02-2018, 15:19

Think we are hoopy! !
debz1 likes this.
Old 07-02-2018, 15:36

Hi

Yes - it does seem that we are talking about the same one.
We are staying at Villa Concha (SC) and were looking for somewhere for B'Fast and lunch (probably get B'Fast at VC)
There aren't too many restaurants in this vicinity and mobility issues restrict our distance walking. As a party of seven ( 5 adults +2 Toddlers) two taxis will probably put quite a premium on meals and this we will reserve for evening meals.
Old 07-02-2018, 15:51

Quote:
Hi

Yes - it does seem that we are talking about the same one.
We are staying at Villa Concha (SC) and were looking for somewhere for B'Fast and lunch (probably get B'Fast at VC)
There aren't too many restaurants in this vicinity and mobility issues restrict our distance walking. As a party of seven ( 5 adults +2 Toddlers) two taxis will probably put quite a premium on meals and this we will reserve for evening meals.
There are loads of restaurants and cafes either side of the kiosk that would be suitable I think. Check google maps for Tolos restaurant, La Maina, Tamarells, Sea.Bar.is (pricey), Bar Bon Dia, Palms etc. These are all a maximum of five minutes walk from VC and they would all do takeaways I'm sure.

Don't worry you will be spoiled for choice.
favie and pollensafan like this.
Old 07-02-2018, 17:11

There is a company in the Port, run by an English couple, called Multi something or other, who rent out mobility scooters if you should ever need one.

The new soon to be finished road works, which start where the VC joins the main promenade, will make your toings and goings a lot easier.

As Hoopy has mentioned, there must be at least 20 eating places, of various price ranges, within 5 and 10 minutes leisurely walking distance of VC.

Last edited by Julian Simms; 07-02-2018 at 17:15.
Old 07-02-2018, 17:38

The hire shop is called Multi-hire. It is in Calle Mendez Nunez opposite Aparthotel Flora. Sam and Ian are a really helpful couple who will deliver what you hire. They have a list of items on their website if you want to pre-order.
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 07-02-2018, 19:09

La Talaia does do some snacks I think Rolls Toasties Paninis and has seating area undercover at the side

They are very nice people and we try and have a few drinks there as it is a charity and we have seen some of the assistants become more confident over the years

The supermarket between La Talaia and Tolos does quite a few Baguettes and sandwiches

As the pavements are being improved again this winter it should be easier to navigate now and probably Palms -La Maina - Bar Bon Dia would be better value than Tolos Nearer you get to Pollensa Park the better value the bars are ! Golden Lion does takeaway Chicken and I believe chips
pollensafan and Tommo like this.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:53

Default Snacks etc.

Hi again and thanks for the further replies.

We will be taking our own Scooter and I am hopeful that the new prom will make things so much easier. We will also have two pushchairs so even on good surfaces going too far is not great. It looks like a couple of hundred meters just to get to the prom.

I think the best solution is Breakfast at hotel, Talaia or provisions from supermarket for lunch and taxis into town for evening.

Can't wait to see the new Prom road.!!
Old 08-02-2018, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
I have googled mapped it. If you are meaning Carrer De Vela beside the guardia Civil there is a Churo cabin and sometimes a kiosk selling drinks and snacks but I think mostly takeaway. Certainly I think there are only chairs there and really only used to let people get a breather whilst getting a quick drink from the kiosk.

I think so Hoopy! It's certainly handy for drinks and snacks etc and great to use when you're on the beach.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:20

Hi Caerfryn,

Sorry if I have hold of the wrong end of the stick, but the way I'm reading your post's, It seems that you have not stayed at VC before.
If that's the case then I think you will be surprised how many bars and eateries there are around you.

It is app 200 mtrs to the front from VC, but once there you are on top of some of the bars.

The cabin on the front is mainly drinks, but there are a few light snacks on offer along with the seating at the side.
debz1 likes this.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:20

Quote:
Hi again and thanks for the further replies.

We will be taking our own Scooter and I am hopeful that the new prom will make things so much easier. We will also have two pushchairs so even on good surfaces going too far is not great. It looks like a couple of hundred meters just to get to the prom.

I think the best solution is Breakfast at hotel, Talaia or provisions from supermarket for lunch and taxis into town for evening.

Can't wait to see the new Prom road.!!
Tolos is probably the closest to VC and they do great breakfasts. The supermarket on the front also does freshly baked bread, croissants and ensimadas. Both are within a short walk 😊
Old 08-02-2018, 18:48

There are lots of places for lunch/snack/ evening meal before going to town
- Torre Playa ,bistro , La Cabana , la nonna , Brisa marina to name but a few
lollipop likes this.

Eating Out