Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree610Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-03-2012, 14:43

Ah, thats really nice.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-03-2012, 17:12
Super Moderator

This from Marina Cafe, sounds good :-

Don't miss the route of the tapas at the marina cafe, today: onion caramelized honey and sobrasada accompanied by quail egg and mini croquette of fish with sweet chili thai style.
Old 22-03-2012, 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
This from Marina Cafe, sounds good :-

Don't miss the route of the tapas at the marina cafe, today: onion caramelized honey and sobrasada accompanied by quail egg and mini croquette of fish with sweet chili thai style.
mmmm, those sound delicious!
Sparky likes this.
Old 22-03-2012, 17:57

Yes, very!

Hope everyone thats going tonight has a great time with lovely tapas & drinks. Very jealous so make sure you report back please.
Sparky likes this.
Old 23-03-2012, 12:02
Super Moderator

So the Ruta has started. I was invited by Denise to the Rustic Cafe where the Mayor and other town hall officials were due to kick off the event at 7pm. However they were in a meeting which was running late, eventually 3 of them turned up but without Mr Mayor. I felt sorry for Denise because none of the local press turned up with the exception of Andrew Ede for the TOTN (nice to see you again Andrew), i was introduced to the deputy mayor and 2 councelors, they were very friendly and the youngest guy (nice looking and spoke some English) asked me if i recognised him, he said he remembered me and hubby. It turned out he is one of the sons of the man we used to rent our holiday apartment from. Small world isn't it .
We decided to move on to the next bar as the time was getting on. We only visited 3 bars but the atmosphere in the Port was quite buzzy with lots of people (mostly residents) in small groups moving from bar to bar. Everyone i spoke to were impressed with this new venture and i think it will good for the Port, please support it when you come out. Here is a photo of me with Denise.

La Ruta del Tapeo by lyn.sparkes, on Flickr
CathB, debz1, Doogz1874 and 4 others like this.
Old 23-03-2012, 18:12

Good to see you and Colin yesterday evening, Lyn. Looks as though the Spanish press took themselves off to Arta's tapas opening night. Oh well ...

Hope this is a success into the future. It deserves to be.
Sparky, lollipop and cherylbb like this.
Old 24-03-2012, 11:18
Super Moderator

There will be at least 15 bars/restaurants on the route next week 29th March .
The new ones are-
Can Tofel.
Can Torrens.
Centric Tapas Bar.
Hardley's.
Makassar.
Old 24-03-2012, 17:37

As Sparky says it was a truly fantastic evening with an excellent turn out and a wonderful atmosphere. I managed to visit 6 of the bars and enjoyed the evening immensely. Its a great opportunity to try out different bars which is exactly what we did. Wish the glasses of wine were smaller though...... never thought I would say that!!
I really hope everyone continues to support this. Not many bars gave us the questionnaire though.
favie, Belladonna, eleanor and 3 others like this.
Old 24-03-2012, 20:43

Were they just not available Jan, or just well hidden - just in case!?
Old 25-03-2012, 01:44

In homour of La Ruta de Tapeo in Puerto Pollensa we made our own tapas at home. We made Tumbet, Patatas Bravas, Stuffed Aubergines, a vegetable omelette and for dessert, Flans. This was consumed with Tio Pepe followed by sone Compo Viejo, then a small glass of Moscatel.
La Ruta, we salute you!!

PeRu
Sparky and tibbles like this.
Old 25-03-2012, 09:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeRu View Post
In homour of La Ruta de Tapeo in Puerto Pollensa we made our own tapas at home. We made Tumbet, Patatas Bravas, Stuffed Aubergines, a vegetable omelette and for dessert, Flans. This was consumed with Tio Pepe followed by sone Compo Viejo, then a small glass of Moscatel.
La Ruta, we salute you!!

PeRu
Snap! Last night I made our favourite tapas : chorizo,cumin,red onions, broad beans garlic and sundried toms with veggie tartlets red onion,manchengo,mixed pepers on puff pastry. No spanish drink as given it up for Lent. Ok -but have done it for more years than I can remember. My mother inlaw, who was tt, persuded me and although then I only ever drank the odd G&T at parties I still do it. I now drink wine mostly. It doesn't actually bother me. I know it was a couple of days late but had a busy and difficult week so it was good to relax and after a fabulous day here ( it another already beginning) with up to 20' at times it was almost ( well not quite but it was lovely ) like PP - well a girls can dream?

Looking forward to the real thing in July.
Just realised we have lost an hour... Woops must change the clocks
Hasta luego mis amigos
Old 25-03-2012, 09:56
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
Were they just not available Jan, or just well hidden - just in case!?
I don't know if they were hiding them but i had to ask for the questionaire in one bar, it's a sheet of A4 paper on which there are about 16 questionaires printed. To be honest i would prefer it if they cut them up into individual slips and had a box to put them in, as it is now, everyone can see how the others have voted. I have sent a message to the organiser about it.
To be fair to them though it was the first night and so it's been a bit of a learning curve for all of them, i'm sure they will iron out any hiccups pretty quickly .
Belladonna likes this.
Old 25-03-2012, 15:17

Sparky is Denise the Scottish girl?The sister of David the musician?
Old 25-03-2012, 16:34
Super Moderator

Sleepy, yes she is .
Old 26-03-2012, 11:51
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I don't know if they were hiding them but i had to ask for the questionaire in one bar, it's a sheet of A4 paper on which there are about 16 questionaires printed. To be honest i would prefer it if they cut them up into individual slips and had a box to put them in, as it is now, everyone can see how the others have voted. I have sent a message to the organiser about it.
To be fair to them though it was the first night and so it's been a bit of a learning curve for all of them, i'm sure they will iron out any hiccups pretty quickly .
Have just had a reply and she says the bars should have cut the sheets into slips and they are supposed to have a bowl or something to put completed slip in.
Also, there is a meeting tonight and she will pass on all the comments that she has received.