Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-09-2011, 19:21

Default Restaurant Capri

We didn't eat too many times in the port this visit, but one restaurant which did impress me this time, and deserves to be counted as well as visited is
Capri - Three great main courses of Spag. seafood, Rack of lamb, and the most amazing Lamb in mint and breadcrumbs. Do try it, and of course the views help too!
Old 27-09-2011, 12:00

Perfect timing Belladonna, I have just agreed to meet friends there for lunch on Friday so looking forward to it even more now. My brother went there (for the views) last week on his last night and I was rather concerned as we had enjoyed some top class meals during the week and I felt it may have been a disappointment but he said it was just fine and the location is of course very special. Its lovely to be pleasantly surprised by somewhere isnt it?
Old 27-09-2011, 14:40

Have had late night drinks there a few times, and find it wonderfully relaxing - almost in your own little world. This was the first time we had had a full meal though, and as you say JMD - it was a lovely surprise. Totally useless at working out how to post photos, hopefully (!) this link will take you to my flickr page where I have a photo of the wrapped up seafood spag! Or not

Flickr: Belladonna*'s Photostream
Old 28-09-2011, 10:36

Your little swan......looks lovely. Never tried Capri before but my sister gave it a great report.
Lovely pictures Bella....with some wonderful scenery in the background!
Old 28-09-2011, 12:30

Its little gestures like this that makes you want to go back again providing food was ok. I have never see spaghetti served as a swan ...... loving it!! Silly idea but it works!! and the location is great. I have a couple of photos on my webpage of Capri terrace at night as I think it just sums up what we all love about Puerto Pollensa. Looking forward to Friday lunchtime.....
Old 28-09-2011, 12:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
Have had late night drinks there a few times, and find it wonderfully relaxing - almost in your own little world. This was the first time we had had a full meal though, and as you say JMD - it was a lovely surprise. Totally useless at working out how to post photos, hopefully (!) this link will take you to my flickr page where I have a photo of the wrapped up seafood spag! Or not

Flickr: Belladonna*'s Photostream
Here is the photo embedded:

DSC05809 by Belladonna*, on Flickr

To embed the photo, go to the photo on flickr, click on "Share", click on "Grab the HTML/BBCode", choose BBCODE and "Medium 500", copy the code in the box, paste it into your reply and bingo!
Old 28-09-2011, 12:43

PS the swan looks very pretty and a novel way to present the food. Did you take a photo of what the food looked like inside the foil?
Old 28-09-2011, 20:35

Thanks Simon, Bet I still couldn't do it though! By the time I had thought about taking a photo, I had already eaten it!! Well, I couldn't let it get cold now, could I?
Old 28-09-2011, 20:48

Ha, don't blame you eating rather than photographing the food!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:29

We had our last meal at the Capri on Monday night. Always a little worried that places with such wonderful locations think that they don't have to try too hard with the food

Couldn't be more wrong - the steak I had was absolutely fabulous- mind you at 25 euros I suppose it should have been

Thoroughly reommend (and there are cheaper choices on the menu )
Old 12-10-2011, 12:15

Glad you agree Pepperoni Man! And it is a long way to walk from kitchen to table, so you pay for transport costs I suppose!
Old 13-10-2011, 17:11
Banned

Had one average meal there in September but annoyed that early evening you can't sit on the pontoon bit and just have a drink.

Tried once and got turned away as all set up for diners. Kept an eye on it and no-one ate for some time. Big loss in the amount of drinks money they've lost. Please note!

Always one of my favourite spots as I've mentioned before but put out some blue/white checked table cloths and ponsily dressed waiting staff and all of a sudden they're all gourmet.............................not !!!