Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-03-2013, 21:02

Back open today for the new season, cant wait until July for our next visit
emmalou likes this.

On island time!!
Sponsored Links
Old 28-03-2013, 21:47

Smile

We go back to PP end of May and will probably have an hour or 2 to kill before the apt is ready , plan to spend it in the courtyard here ! Hope it is as good as last year
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 28-03-2013, 21:56
Super Moderator

They will be on the Tapas Route tomorrow .
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 02-06-2013, 15:04
Super Moderator

La Cabana have just posted this on FB.

Quote:
We will be closed mon 3rd and tues 4th June
Old 09-04-2014, 10:34

La Cabaña opening next week in time for Easter!

On island time!!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:53

Yes looking forward to going again after really enjoying our couple of visits last year.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:23

Can't wait to get back here in a couple of weeks time. I have had lunch here with son and daughter seperately so it will be nice for the 3 of us to go together.
Old 10-04-2014, 13:44

Glad it will be open when we are there...love their spicy chickpeas and the chicken and rice

Eating Out
Old 07-06-2014, 14:12

First visit back to La Cabana last night & booked a table in the courtyard. Ordered the set tapas for 2 with large portions of bread with tomato & garlic, chicken skewers with roast potatoes, potato bravas & ham & cheese croquettes. The set meal for 2 included cheese & ham, spicy chickpea, chorizo, dates in bacon, chicken & chorizo paella, king prawns, beef tomato with garlic oil amongst others. After we had ordered another couple came in & asked for a table to be told they could either come back in 20 minutes or wait but service would take a while as they did not want to compromise on the quality of food. How refreshing to hear, a lot of people including myself champion certain places on here but how many would have turned business away to make sure the best service & food was churned out for waiting customers, I would say very few if not none. The food was incredible with a special mention to the spicy chickpea & chicken skewers. Sad thing was even with 2 teenagers that can eat for England we could just not finish all of it. We had soft drinks, water, couple of beers & bottle of house red & wait for this, the total bill was 75 euros, unbelievable. Everything cooked fresh, all that food & all that quality. Sorry to say a couple of our return visits to our normal places are going to have to be replaced with another couple of return visits here. I know some people might be a little put off by the small frontage but don't be fooled this place serves quality tapas for unbelievable value for money. If you enjoy tapas, don't miss this place !!!
CathB, sws97sdg, El Gordo and 5 others like this.
Old 07-06-2014, 15:06

Wow, what a great report for the restaurant mwc! I know the owner checks the forum regularly, so she will be very pleased to read this. Quite a few members have discovered this little gem now, it's good to see that so many think its great, we have voted this number one in the poll here and it also is very high on the trip adviser top ten!
As you say great fresh tapas! all freshly prepared, what we do now is to go for a few cold tapas as they come out quicker and then you can enjoy them while wanting for the hot ones.
On The tapas route as well so a good way of giving them a try!
sunny and emmalou like this.

On island time!!
Old 07-06-2014, 15:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwc View Post
First visit back to La Cabana last night & booked a table in the courtyard.
Ordered the set tapas for 2 with large portions of bread with tomato & garlic, chicken skewers with roast potatoes, potato bravas & ham & cheese croquettes.
The set meal for 2 included cheese & ham, spicy chickpea, chorizo, dates in bacon, chicken & chorizo paella, king prawns, beef tomato with garlic oil amongst others.
After we had ordered another couple came in & asked for a table to be told they could either come back in 20 minutes or wait but service would take a while as they did not want to compromise on the quality of food.
How refreshing to hear, a lot of people including myself champion certain places on here but how many would have turned business away to make sure the best service & food was churned out for waiting customers, I would say very few if not none.
The food was incredible with a special mention to the spicy chickpea & chicken skewers.
Sad thing was even with 2 teenagers that can eat for England we could just not finish all of it.
We had soft drinks, water, couple of beers & bottle of house red & wait for this, the total bill was 75 euros, unbelievable.
Everything cooked fresh, all that food & all that quality.
Sorry to say a couple of our return visits to our normal places are going to have to be replaced with another couple of return visits here.
I know some people might be a little put off by the small frontage but don't be fooled this place serves quality tapas for unbelievable value for money. If you enjoy tapas, don't miss this place !!!
Wonderful review

My FlickR Photos
Old 11-06-2014, 10:33

Closed Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday this week, shame as we wanted to go again Monday or last night, so tried La Roda for the first time instead last night.

Last edited by mwc; 11-06-2014 at 10:35.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:00

MWC, would be interested to hear what you thought of La Roda - how did it compare with La Cabana?
Old 11-06-2014, 13:10

In my own personal opinion I would choose La Cabana every time, that was also the consensus of all the family.
jobean likes this.
Old 13-06-2014, 10:48

Visited again last night & have to say once again food was excellent, ordered individual dishes from the menu with a mixture of meals & tapas. Taken advice from sws & started with cold first which was the plater of cold meats, olives, tomatoes, pickled peppers, anchovies, bread etc. Then followed by two lots of chicken skewers with potato bravas, spicy chickpeas other chicken dish etc. beers soft drinks, large bottle of water, house red. The bill was under 70 euros, better value for money & quality I think you would struggle to find. Was intending to revisit some places we promised to go back to this year but looks like they gonna have to wait till another time because we booked for La Cabana again Sunday for our third visit so far, the only other places we will have visited three times or more this holiday are Ca'n Josep & Tango, so from our point of view that says it all.
sunny and jobean like this.

Last edited by mwc; 13-06-2014 at 16:08.