Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-08-2011, 20:20

How many times do you ask the price before you order drinks ? perhaps ripped off may be a bit strong ,I had a nice hour watching the world go by,but the cost of those drinks was unreasonable,I did chose to walk on by for the rest of the holiday ,its just as nice sitting on the veranda at the Mirimar ,listening to live music at the Daina or on the terrace at the Illa dor.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-08-2011, 21:32
Banned

I agree to all of the above !!!

; - )
Old 15-08-2011, 23:04

Me too,and a pint of beer at the Miramar is still only 3 euros.
Old 15-08-2011, 23:22

All down to personal choice really. At least it looks good which is no bad thing. Looks better than it did when all boarded up when closed down. I think it is a classy (OK pricey) addition to the Port

W
Old 16-08-2011, 08:14

Lovely to be able to have the choice of so many alternative ways to spend a couple of hours. SPEND probably being the operative word here! May not go too many times for a meal and drink with a crowd, but will still go for an evening coffee and drink to wind down and listen to one of their lovely cds.! I dont think they meant it to be a venue for lots of drinking, the noise would definitely upset the hotel guests.
It is what it is, as they say, and a better addition to the port than other places that have popped up sometimes!
Old 16-08-2011, 12:28

I agree totally Belladonna. Puerto Pollensa has always had some clients that are happy to pay for lovely peaceful surroundings and excellent service and it is good news that at long last we have a venue which ticks all the boxes in a prime location. The spanish also love the venue for an early morning coffee or a copa de vino reading the newspaper (especially those from Madrid and Barcelona who are spending the month of August here). To complain that it is too expensive and people will go home and complain that they were ripped off in Puerto Pollensa is like saying that people who take afternoon tea in The Ritz in London return home with the belief that in the UK you pay 30pounds for a cuppa. If you cannot afford to pay these prices there are plenty of cheaper alternatives in lovely venues too but sometimes it is nice to go somewhere a bit more special. It certainly will not be a place I visit regularly due to the cost but I have visited on several occasions the ones in Pto Andratx and Palma and have never regretted what I paid as you know you get great service and atmosphere and you feel special sat there. I feel the same here - great for making you feel good! Would be great if we got some classy souvenir shops similar to Valldemossa to blend in too.
Old 17-08-2011, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffB View Post
How many times do you ask the price before you order drinks ? perhaps ripped off may be a bit strong ,I had a nice hour watching the world go by,but the cost of those drinks was unreasonable,I did chose to walk on by for the rest of the holiday ,its just as nice sitting on the veranda at the Mirimar ,listening to live music at the Daina or on the terrace at the Illa dor.
Sitting on the terrace at the Illa Dor watching the sun go down while sipping a nice cool glass of wine.

My idea of heaven.
Old 18-08-2011, 06:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
Sitting on the terrace at the Illa Dor watching the sun go down while sipping a nice cool glass of wine.

My idea of heaven.
Just a shame we have to come back eventually :-(