Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-02-2010, 00:09

Default Brisa Marina

Having eaten here many years ago with the girls, I thought I would try it again last week. I thought it had been given some good reviews recently. How disappointed was I? Firstly may I say the staff were very nice, but the food was very poor. Maybe I chose wrongly. I had the set menu, which seemed very reasonable, but so so disappointing. (The almond ice cream was nice though!! )The chips tasted frozen and oven cooked and reheated, Rob opted for the healthier new potatoes which consisted of one tinned boiled potato!!
(that and peas my worst nightmare lol)-was glad I opted for the chips even tho they were yuk!!

Pops
Sponsored Links
Old 22-02-2010, 00:26

Thanks for the report Pops. Ive not been to Brisa Marina, but ive heard some great reports, and now this. Hopefully it will be a one off. I hope both you and Rob had a great time!
Old 22-02-2010, 01:52

Default The Potato

I thought Tango's had the worst potatoes (their jacket) but this poor wee thing managed to beat Tango's attempts
The poor tiny wee thing was all bashed and battered, stone cold and all alone on that big plate. If it wasn't tinned it some how managed to make itself taste like one!!!!
Stuff healthy new potatoes in this place......Go for their over cooked reheated oven chips...atleast there was more than one and they were hot!!!!!!!!!

Robjay
Old 22-02-2010, 11:37

Don't know if it would be the MDD, but think you'll find most MDD's are frozen food/veg, with the exception of El Posito and one or 2 others.
Old 22-02-2010, 14:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
Don't know if it would be the MDD, but think you'll find most MDD's are frozen food/veg, with the exception of El Posito and one or 2 others.
That isn't our experience at all of MDDs. We've always found that the quality of the veg & in fact the MDD in general reflects the rest of the restaurant's food. There are a few very cheap MDDS that serve 'square' fish in crumb, frozen cordon bleu & veg etc. which we avoid. The rest El posito, hibiscus, can josep, tango, o lume (in the past!) serve great food with good veg. I really don't think a restaurant would cook separate frozen veg just for the MDD.

We used to have the MDD at the Brisa Marina a lot because the MDD was such good value when you could have their fish of the day as the MDD cost only slightly more than the cost of the fish course from the carte. Their fish is best & freshest that we've tasted & the home-made desserts & soup were always good too but the rest of the starters, the awful house wine & the dire veg let it down. I've seen & heard the same regarding the veg on the main menu so I think this a Brisa Marina issue & not a MDD one. But such a shame as the fish is lovely!
Old 22-02-2010, 15:50

When we ate here I had the monkfish and prawn kebabs (not MDD), which were huge and delicious. However, it came with pointless and overcooked vegetables. I wasn't expecting them, so it wasn't a great disappointment.

Agree with the poster who said the fish is lovely, and personally, I would opt for a fish or seafood dish every time here. Although my wife had a massive portion of lamb chops which she thoroughly enjoyed.

Last edited by PaulB; 22-02-2010 at 15:53.
Old 22-02-2010, 20:06

Agree with a number of these posts. Had MDD last year and while ok and value for money, nothing to write home about and wouldn't rush back. Vegetables were frozen - no excuse for that in any decent restaurant. Location and staff and atmosphere are good.

Although Trio gets good reviews my experience of their MDD is similar to Brisas Marina except they are in a much poorer location.

Adios

Dave
Old 09-04-2010, 11:33

This is one of our "pop in" restaurants when we arrive late or for a later lunch.
We have never been disappointed. Usually we sit downstairs and gaze out at the beach whilst eating good, home (restaurant!) cooked food.
This time, we went upstairs. This is a smoking part but the two families up there were non smokers and as the place had been recently redecorated it was lovely and bright - although you only get a view if you sit right at the front of the are obviously! As usual I decided on the stuffed squid with salad and chips shared with hubby and couldn't fault any of it. Can Videlet being the wine of the holiday yet again it was a great start to the week.

A very pleasant restaurant, but perhaps it can be hit and miss?
Old 09-04-2010, 23:00

Default Los Faroles/Brisa Marina ?

Hiya,

I have just found a business card which I had picked up last year in LF and just turned it over and the other side is BM... I didnt realise they were linked ??

Miriam
Old 12-04-2010, 09:11

Smile

Hi Folks, Iv'e been in this place loads of times and never had a bad meal, however iv'e never had mdd so can't comment. The one thing that does supprise me though is knowing what the ladies are for deserts no one has ever mentioned the almond biscuit. Trust me ladies the description on the menu would not entice you to try it (almond biscuit with ice cream) however i would urge you to take the plunge. It comes with a jug of chocolate source and is to die for. The item itself is a slab of some almond concoction with ice cream blended in.If you love a rich desert you will love this: The service i have always found to be excellent, with the wine list being vast and reasonable even with the low euro
Old 12-04-2010, 11:41

I was tempted when I first read this on the menu, as I love anything to do with almonds, but I'm one of the unlucky few who can get a horrible headache after eating chocolate, so I avoided it. Instead I opted for the commercial version on the menu of an almond biscuit with the creme tower on the top just to get the biscuit. Only when it turned up it was minus the biscuit!!
Old 12-04-2010, 21:35

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by med777 View Post
Hiya,

I have just found a business card which I had picked up last year in LF and just turned it over and the other side is BM... I didnt realise they were linked ??

Miriam
Yes, both owned by John who is now semi retired and leaving the head waiters to run the restaurants.