Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 11:30

Default Visit Report Part 1 - The Old Favourites

As this visit report is so long I've split this into 4 parts. Part 1 The Old Favourites, Part 2 the New Experiences, Part 3 the Credit Crunch and Part 4 Bars, Bars & Bars. Hope readers enjoy as much as we did in carrying out the research.
The Old Favourites

O Lume

Visited O Lume on our second night. I was sent first to see if Jamie could again cope with Ms Fussies dietary requirements. No problem table booked (Incidentally, Jamie’s customer recognition is such that he booked table under TheFussies). On ordering Mrs Fussy threw caution to the wind and without reference to the wine list requested a bottle of good white wine a half bottle of La Victoria was ordered for me. Food consisted of freebie starter of tuna crostini for Mr & Mrs and peppers de padron for Ms, scallops, vegetable soup, warm seafood salad to start followed by steak for me, pork fillet and pasta arabiatta. Desserts consisted of chocolate mouse and sorbets. Meal finished off with coffees, chocolates with liquers on the house. Total cost 82 euros. Excellent value. Wine – no worries both excellent and reasonable cost 14 euros (Albarino).

We all agreed that O Lume would be our choice for our final meal in the port. Again Jamie put on a special for Ms Fussy of a vegetable risotto. We started with freebie Galician salad with vegetarian option for Ms Fussy, seafood salad, and two soups then mains of risotto, seabream in a smooth red pepper sauce and pork fillets. Desserts of sorbets and fig flavoured pannacotta (delicious) finished off with coffees, chocolates & liquers. Again as Ms Fussy indicated she didn’t like liquers he surprised her with a blue lagoon, which she much enjoyed. Two excellent visits that keep O Lume at the top of the Fussies favourites list.

Ca’n Cuarassa
One of only two restaurants that have been visited by the Fussies on all 13 trips to the Port. Still does it for me great location, great service, good food, and excellent value. Visited twice this year once on a quiet Monday the other a busy Saturday. Set menus on both occasions for Mr & Mrs. Ms Fussy opted ala carte on her second visit. First visit starters of seafood salad and soup followed by Hake and Chicken breast which should have been stuffed with goats cheese but as the Fussies were present they requested an alternative sauce which was duly obliged by the restaurant staff. Total cost 92 euros. Second visit was two set meals consisting of soup and again seafood salad followed by beef and duck. Ms Fussy opted for two vegetarian starters. Cost about 82 euros Both meals were good value and I’m sure C.an Cuarassa will be on next years must visit list.

Tribeca.
The other restaurant we have visited every year. We choose the hottest muggiest night of the year to visit and just as well as the air-con made the dining room comfortable. Meal comprised a pear and beetroot salad to share for Mrs & Ms and squid and artichoke salad for me followed by Salmon , Mediteranean veg and goats cheese filo stack and pork fillet. No desserts and all washed down with nice a bottle of a local wine Mortitx. Total cost 78 euros

Hotel Sant Jordi

A recent addition to TheFussies list as they do an excellent lentil chilli, with Mrs & Ms sharing a walnut and goats cheese salad (goats cheese by this staging being back on the Fussies menu) gazpacho and lamb for me. A bottle of Marques de Riscal white rounded off the meal, total cost 82 euros.

Llonja
Missed out on Llonja last year but made sure of a visit this year. Service was initially a bit slow but we were in no hurry. Two set menus of stuffed mushrooms and ham followed by fillet of Salmon for Mrs, seafood salad and fillet of John Dory for me. Ms opted for two starters of grilled vegetables and brushetta with coffee, liquers and chocolates 77 euros. Another good night out. Again I’m sure we will be back.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2009, 11:45
Super Moderator

Thanks Fussies, i am feeling hungry now . Great review, looking forward to the other 3 parts.

Last edited by Sparky; 02-08-2009 at 11:56.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:52

A very intersting mix of restaurants there, and some helpful price comparisons along with your menus. Good research!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:19

Great report interesting reading looking forward to the other parts to follow.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:33

Thanks fussies!

It's not just the tales but the way you tell them!

Looking forward to the next revelations!

Porto
Old 02-08-2009, 12:43
Founder

Brilliant report. Thanks very much. Am looking forward to the next instalments!
Old 02-08-2009, 13:27

Great reports. I think we were there around the same time and I'm still working on mine, but having just read Parts 1, 2 and 3 of your report, I think I need to start again . Excellent and really useful. Thanks for posting.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:24

Once when i was speaking to Jaime he admitted he is also a award winning cocktail barman. just ask him to prepare you a cocktail of his choice, you won't be dissapointed.
Old 03-08-2009, 13:07

Thanks Mr F - I have read all your reviews in reverse order (Doh!) and it sounds like you had a lovely holiday.

I felt like I was there with you.

I am particularly jealous of your O Lume nights which sound great and I was interested to read your Iru report. We ate there last year and we were disappointed. Average, bland fare and IMO somewhat overpriced. I have found that both Iru and Stay seem to charge significantly more for wine that you find on other menus in the Port.

Thanks again,

Lala
Old 03-08-2009, 21:45

LaLa I'd have to agree with you, although the food was adequate I felt it overpriced and you were paying for location. The wine for example was 3 euros less at Tribeca and I'm sure other readers can report on even lower prices for Mortitx. Not sure we would go back again as there is much better value to be found elsewhere.
Old 04-08-2009, 16:23

I enjoyed reading your reports, Fussies. We went to Tribeca 2 or 3 times last year and really enjoyed it. Good food, good atmosphere and good friendly staff.
Old 04-08-2009, 23:11

Glad the 'Fussies' enjoyed O'Lume, one of the best restaurants in P.P.
Surprised that 'Lala' was surprised, that wine cost a little more in Stay, a top class restaurant - after all you would expect to pay more for wine in a similar establishment be it in Edinburgh or elsewhere in the U.K. - if you could find one. There will be many restaurants in the U.K. with good views, but possibly not with the same ambience as Stay on a summers evening.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:30

Hi Pescador - what really surprised me was that neither of these restaurants were what I would consider a top-class restaurant - like Iru my experience of Stay was very disappointing I am afraid. There was no ambiance - just poor service and waiters rushing everywhere.

IMO there are better places to eat in the Port which focus on food and don't try to be pretentious. O Lume is a very good example. If I want something a bit more elegant I would head to Pollensa town to Le Font Dell gall or Can Costa (sadly no more but the new place looks just as pretty - anyone been there recently?)

Lala

Last edited by Lala70w; 05-08-2009 at 09:42. Reason: expanding