Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-06-2009, 00:32

Unhappy Naciente... a bad nite ?

Hiya ppl,

on recomendation, we had dinner at Nacietes tonite and sadly. all went far from well.
I ordered Al funghi calzonni(as menu stated all pizza could be done as calz.) other half, as per, Sirlion steak well done.
After waiting a very long time... ( not a big problem.. but the place wasnt that busy yet staff were running about)
I saw a folded pizza on the counter... as that isnt a calzonne, presumed it was not mine. 5 minutes later my husbands steak emerged and the folded pizza was lifted from the counter and both put on our table. The pizza, apart from being a pizza halved, and folded over, had also split... so a lot of the moz. cheese was now congealed on the plate. Husbands well done was rare and oozing blood.
We werent happy, but started to eat. But after a few bites, I wasnt tasting any mushroom... so I opened the pizza... in total... I had 6 fine slices of mushroom... hubby had more on his plate ! Combination of circumstances and we felt we had to point this out to the maitre d...
Firstly... she questioned that the steak was not 'well done' ??? ...and when I showed her the lack of mushroom, she just looked at my so called calzonne, and left with the steak. It was re-cooked and was good.
Then she came back to me and asked if I wanted a side portion of mushrooms. By then I had lost all intersest and refused.
To top it all, the Maitre D took the plates away, indicating that she was taking them to CHEF... then we had to sit thru her shouting at them.
Very disappointed.

Miram
Sponsored Links
Old 22-06-2009, 07:20

Hi Miriam

So sorry you had such a bad experience particularly as I was the one who recommended Naciente to you! I actually walked by there last night around 8.30 and it looked very quiet (only about 2 tables) but when I walked by again around 10.30 the place was humming!

I'm sure you were just unlucky as the food is normally superb and I have dined there many times over the years. His tapas selection is excellent (not the normal run of the mill kind) However, when I see Jose today I will pass on your comments as I think he should know.

I do hope you will consider dining there again as I am sure it was as you say a "bad nite?"

Enjoy the rest of your holiday! It was lovely to meet you.
Old 22-06-2009, 08:49

Hiya Gina,
As this was our first visit there, we werent sure who was who (if the owner was there or not) but I do think it is important the owners are kept upto speed on any probs.
Quality and freshness of food couldnt be faulted, (but a pizza halved is not a calzonne plus not even a whole mushroom used ! and well done steak is not oozing blood !)
Main fault was on how this was dealt with when we reported it to the maitre d.
Appreciate if you can pass this on to the owner and we would like to return as we liked the atmosphere of the place.

Thanx
Miriam
Old 22-06-2009, 08:53

Am afraid we don't go there any more either. In the past we've had some great meals of either mixed tapas or steak & really enjoyed them. The time before last we both really enjoyed our steaks but then we were both really ill afterwards which was a real shame.

The following year we decided to go back anyway & ordered steak - we asked for medium-rare (we do want it fairly pink inside) as we have done in the past & got a very surprised look from the waitress. And when it arrived it didn't look or taste as if it had even touched the grill - basically cold & raw.

I couldn't be bothered to complain. When the waitress saw my plate, she more or less laughed at me & said we should have ordered well done!

We haven't been back since as there are plenty of better places in the port. It's a shame as we liked the courtyard & used to love the old Garbi next door as well (sadly no longer...).
Old 22-06-2009, 09:16

We too have had numerous experiences in Mallorca of getting steaks cooked much rarer than we would have expected... We'd ask for medium or medium-rare in the UK but now in PP we always ask for them to be well-done. Even so they are usually very pink and oozing blood in the middle - like a medium-rare steak in the UK - a well-done steak in the UK is generally charred to a cinder...
Old 22-06-2009, 12:59

Can't say I have ever had that problem in PP. Now in Lake Garda - a good vet would have had the steaks on their feet! I learned how to say "absolutely NO blood" in Italian but it still didn't help.

Anyway - back on topic. In my experience the service has been a bit hit or a miss in Naciente. Mainly a miss to be honest except once when we went with friends who the staff knew and the service, food and atmosphere were wonderful. It is a lovely setting when everything goes right.

It is worth a go methinks.

Lala