Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 11:49

Default Can Ferra

I have now arrived back in the freezing cold UK but still have one review to post.

For our last night we decided to go to Can Ferra. My parents-in-law love Can Ferra and always eat there several times which they are in PP but we have never eaten in it. We sat inside, as it was very cold - the coldest October in PP that I remember. We had bread, olives and alioli to start and there was lots of it and it was very good. For mains we had:

2x peppered chicken, which came with chips and salad, both mum & husband we very pleased with the quality and really enjoyed.

1x seabass this was enormous and looked delicious, even to a veggie!

Son had fish and chips from the children’s menu which was only about €4 and was an enormous portion of very good fish which he really enjoyed.

I had a cheese omelette and this is where the restaurant fell down, in my eyes. The only decent veggie choice on the menu was the veggie paella, which I would have loved but you had to order it a day in advance! I did ask if I could have it but was told no. I can't imagine why it has to be ordered a day in advance if the restaurant is cooking other types of paella. So the only thing a veggie could have was an omelette, so an omelette I had. It came with chips and salad and was fine but not what I would choose to eat if I had a choice. On the plus side the chips were homemade and very nice.

The bill came to an incredibly cheap €60 and included several beers, wines and oranges.

I am sure that we will return to Can Ferra as everyone else loved it but I am not sure that I want to plan ahead on holiday to the extent of booking a day ahead to simply allow me to eat paella so I guess I will be stuck with omelette on future visits!

Roll on December - can't wait to return!

Regards

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2008, 12:30

Thanks for posting Sharon, I really enjoyed all your reviews.

Although not vegetarian, I decided that I wanted to try veggie paella when I was in PP at the beginning of October. I remembered a review by sws97sdg recommending veggie paella at El Mojito but was disappointed when we arrived to see that it had to be ordered a day in advance. However the owner/manager said that as it was fairly quiet the chef would make paella as long as we didn't mind a half hour wait. We didn't (no children!) and I must say the paella was absolutely delicious though the portions were enormous.

Lucky you, heading back in December.

Linda

Last edited by LK1960; 01-11-2008 at 12:36.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:51
Super Moderator

Another great review Sharon. Hubby and i will be out the first week in December, staying for 5 months.
Old 01-11-2008, 21:58

Sparky - you are so lucky, 5 months, wonderful. Make sure you keep us up to date with PP goings on by posting lots! If you suss out what restaurants will be open in December/ January I would be very interested in knowing.

LK - I think the secret to getting veggie paella without having to order in advance must be no kids! My mother-in-law, like yourself, got veggie paella without ordering the one day in advance (Can Ferra). I see now why they might like to know if the wait is 30 mins but I would prefer it if they said that. You could then decide if you wanted to wait or not. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:12

Default Can Ferra

Thanks Sharonh for the reviews and comments, always good to read.

To Sparky, you've just thrown us into bouts of depression and jealousy with your news as we want to do the same but will have to wait till next October.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:30
Super Moderator

SORRY, but it will soon go Tonsyl.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:46
Super Moderator

Does anyone know if Can Ferra is open in the winter?.
Old 02-11-2008, 13:47

Sparky - normally open all year round and very cosy in winter. Used by the locals alot but you can find you are the only ones in there on occassions!
Old 02-11-2008, 16:09
Super Moderator

Thanks for the info Gommar Goffer.
Old 02-11-2008, 18:41

Sharon, great to hear C`an ferra is as good as always.We are in the Port during off peak times and find it really warm and welcoming . Great , nothing fancy , but a lovely atmosphere ,wonderful staff and good guality food cooked well. I cannot wait until April.
Thanks for that, regards, TT