Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-05-2008, 20:51

Default Pub Imperial II

Evening All!

Yes I am still alive! So's Mrs Jonesy so the bar owners of PP can relax for another season.
I have just been catching up on some of the threads that I have missed over the winter and I came across one dedicated to slagging off the Pub Imperial.......well I won't have it!
It's a bar, a bar in Mallorca, therefore people are allowed to smoke in it.
Yes Tony is as mad as a hatter but he is great fun!
It is a family run bar that will welcome you with open arms and will remember you from one year to the next.
It provides live music almost every night, not many do that.
I actually read that the Elvis impersonator wasn't as good as the one in the irish bar......It's the same bloke!
I'm a laid back west countryman with strong welsh roots and I'm not fast to rise to a bait but I have to say that PP needs places like the Imperial as much as it needs some of the more expensive restraunts that have opened up over the last few years. It' great fun and that's why I go on holiday! Hopefully see some of you in there during the festival week, after all there's a reason why it's packed every night!!!!

Jonesy
Sponsored Links
Old 29-05-2008, 21:52

Hi Jonesy,

I accidently came accross this place last year, up until then had only experienced Spanish dancers for entertainment in PP,which I love to watch. Out, browsing round the shops on my own one early evening dediced to stop for a coffee - Bar Imperial it happened to be - couldn't have told you that at the time - it was quiet, early evening and thought it looked ok as I was on my own. Had my coffee...saw something was about to take place...had another coffee...curiousity set in...stayed and saw some lovely lady and a guy set up their mikes etc. As I felt more than comfortable decided to stay and hear a few songs...they sang all my favourites,Tony jiggled about a little bit, the clientele were mainly elderly regulars NOT rowdy, just sitting having a lovely evening listening to some lovely tunes....quite harmless holiday fun. As I didn't stay too long Hubby and I went back one night and again enjoyed sitting outside been entertained for a couple of hours by two very good singers!!
Old 29-05-2008, 22:29

Incidently Jonesy, (maybe the wrong thread!!) but the gentleman (not Elvis) who sang that night, his lovely wife worked in a beautiful ladies boutique called Moda Fresca (if I am looking at the right business card that she gave me) I was so looking forward to returning to it this year,bought some nice outfits from it last year, but was very disappointed to see that it is no longer there. In fact, I am sure it was where the Ivy 49 Bar is now. Just wondered - she was so pleasant and helpful.
Old 29-05-2008, 22:34

Think the singer is Phil and his wife is Nikki. Met them both in January and cannot wait to see Phil in action in Imperia this Summer.
Old 30-05-2008, 00:38

Default Pub Imperial

I remember Nikki when our kids were very young, used to be a rep. Pub Imperial is not really my cup of tea, but always seems to be lively,to those who do like it. "Keep on Rocking"
Old 30-05-2008, 00:44

Is this the same Phil who's now singing at the Golden Lion once a week? If so, he was really good!!!
Old 30-05-2008, 05:06
Super Moderator

Yes Linzzzz, it is the same Phil and you are right he is good.
Old 30-05-2008, 19:05

We were there for his inaugural night at Golden Lion and it was raining cats & dogs .... but like a true professional, Phil carried on singing!!!! Very impressive.
Old 30-05-2008, 20:25

Got back in yeh
Bar Imperial - have to say really nice family running this. Raphael (the dad), Carlos (son)

Nicki - really great (also does the San Jordi in Pollensa town on Sunday lunch jazz) - definitely a good time

Phil - good also - he also does Lu Lu's in Pollensa town if you are staying there - by the way his wife (partner??) works in a shop in Pollensa Town - Calvari steps.

must do post re week - it rained 4 days constantly??

by for now

Sandradee
Old 30-05-2008, 21:12

Default Favie - re Moda Fresca

Favie - I won't go off topic here but am about to post on shopping re above
Old 30-05-2008, 22:05

Hmmmmm. This is curious. The shop at the bottom of the Calvari steps is Moda Fresca (mentioned earlier in the thread) - my wife is a huge fan and my credit card still bears the scars. There was (maybe still is) a very nice English lady in there and her husband/partner opened a restaurant called Trencadora in Pollensa. I thought he might have been French but am not sure of this. Anyway Trencodora has now closed I think (certainly was on my last visit) and this is a shame as we went there once and it was very good. I would guess that the guy who sings in the Imperial isn't French and probably never ran a restaurant called Trencodora. Not sure why I posted all this but it's sort of relevant to the thread
Old 11-06-2008, 13:16

Morning all

Nice to see good things being said about the Pub! Thanks guys.
By the way Nikki and Phill aren't married (To each other). But they may sing together this year, I'll have to see. Phill's definately a Londoner! by the way, if you see a frisky old guy, slightly over weight, Grey highlights which cost a fortune, singing Brown eyed girl or My girl then it,s me! Please throw money (notes only)

Jonesy

Last edited by jonesy; 11-06-2008 at 13:18.