Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Miller
  • 3 Post By debz1
  • 1 Post By Julian Simms
  • 1 Post By Sparky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2018, 14:57

Default Restaurant reviews

There appears to be a marked lack of restaurant reviews this year,could this be a result of the new apartment rental laws.At this rate MWC will not have many votes to count.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2018, 23:06

i think it may just be that more people now use Facebook or Trip Advisor to post reviews......
Old 12-09-2018, 11:04

My opinion is that those sites are more for people that want to review themselves rather than provide useful guides and information to the general public. But then I still write letters in ink!!
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 05-11-2018, 16:29

There have been a few new openings in both the Port and the Old Town - some have not survived the season (as is sadly often the case), some appear to be doing very well. We tried several new restaurants/cafes in October and were really impressed with all of them - Fogoneu in Pollensa was particularly good, and we also loved Amazo in the Port, and the new cafe next to Los Faroles (the name escapes me, think it might be Ca Les Monges? - very popular with locals and very reasonably priced). Should point out that even in October the restaurants were really busy in the evening and had we not booked we wouldn't have got a table.... I did see a report somewhere which said that even though visitor numbers in 2018 were noticeably down, spend per head had actually increased - which is interesting.

Last edited by kate1; 05-11-2018 at 16:32.
Old 05-11-2018, 21:33

Kate I agree with you that Ca Les Monges is a great addition to the Port. Friendly service, tastefully furnished and a great breakfast and lunch menu. We went yesterday around 11.30 and it was very busy with locals..September it was the same with tourists. They have pitched it just right 😊 Everytime we go the food has been delicious and its certainly great value for money...4 coffees, two smoked salmon, cream cheese and avocado bagels, and a beer came to 22€

We're off to Fogoneu later in the week too .. can't wait!
Old 06-11-2018, 09:52

Current top 3 on TA are
1. Al Fresco Deli with 83% excellent ratings
2. Abbaco with 85% excellent ratings
3. Liberty Kitchen. with 78% excellent ratings

Stay is now down in 39th place with 60% 'excellent ratings'
Ca Les Monges is 54th with a fantastic 86% 'excellent' ratings. The best Ive seen!

So based on those ratings, Ive no idea why Ca Les Monges is so poorly placed, unless its because its so new and only has 64 reviews?
Old 06-11-2018, 10:08

Agree with Abbaco being 2nd, great place, great view, great staff and fantastic food, we went 3 times in September and it will be in out top 5!!

On island time!!
Old 06-11-2018, 10:23

Fundamentally, the ratings on TA are by people who use TA and want to provide ratings on TA. This includes quite a few attention seekers. I realised a long time ago that TA is not the place to get straight advice. Choosing anywhere on TA is a bit like choosing films based on their Netflix/Prime/etc ratings.

For example, if someone likes a basic Italian meal, they'll tend to go to basic Italian restaurants and be happy (high score). It they go to an Indian restaurant, their review will be less relevant (low score). Ratings on Google and TA for PdP suggest that people know what they want and get it when dining out.

That said, I'm surprised at PdP's Burger King rating of 3.7 on Google reviews. Surely everyone going there knows what to expect? As Burger Kings go, it's actually one of the best anywhere. As to whether PdP needed it is another debate ...
Old 06-11-2018, 12:43

Well Ive been using TA since 2003 initially to find hotels for our family holidays in Turkey. Dominican Rep and Mexico and found it very useful. The key is to ignore a lot of the reviews and read the ones from like minded people. It's never let me down.

With Restaurants its a bit weird, as I mentioned above, one highly rated (on this forum) Restaurant had a fantastic reviews but was in 54th place. So again, you have to delve a bit deeper to get the full picture, which does emerge eventually.

Has anyone been to La Cantina del Moll Nou on the Marina? I haven't, but looking at the TA reviews, it sounds like a hidden gem? 91% 'excellents' but only 29 reviews.
Old 06-11-2018, 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
Agree with Abbaco being 2nd, great place, great view, great staff and fantastic food, we went 3 times in September and it will be in out top 5!!
Couldn't place it so looked on TA and saw pics. It's the old Santa Fe steakhouse which I liked but I'm not so sure Abbaco would be my cup of tea.

Is it still owned by the TexMex guys?
Old 06-11-2018, 18:52

The food and service are fine.

I think it's pitched at the healthy-eating end of the market. That probably explains why I've never seen anyone in there who's smiling.
Old 06-11-2018, 19:27

I do !

I agree, the food is great and the service even better.

And yes, it belongs to the Tex Mex (Boulevard) group.
Bekki likes this.
Old 06-11-2018, 19:34

Re Cantina del Moll (same road as Stay), yes I have been on several occasions.

Nice, quiet place to have a drink or a bite to eat (especially if you can bag one of the two sofas), and more “relaxed” than the more “formal” Stay, where I also tend to go, depending on which way the wind is blowing.

It’s closing at the end of this month though.
Old 09-11-2018, 18:49

A new restaurant called 'Moll de Belgrande' (I think that is how it is spelt) opened a few days ago where Can Moncho used to be. It is in C/Llevant almost next door to Amazo. It styles itself as a Mediterranean restaurant with a menu that seems to be weighted towards Italian.

They have a fixed price lunch menu for 11 euros, with a special lunch menu on Sundays for 15 euros

The new owners say that it is there intention to provide lunch and dinner service, 7 days a week over the winter period.

I haven't tried myself but neighbours in our block thought service, food and value were good.
Old 09-11-2018, 20:52
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckjon View Post
A new restaurant called 'Moll de Belgrande' (I think that is how it is spelt) opened a few days ago where Can Moncho used to be. It is in C/Llevant almost next door to Amazo. It styles itself as a Mediterranean restaurant with a menu that seems to be weighted towards Italian.

They have a fixed price lunch menu for 11 euros, with a special lunch menu on Sundays for 15 euros

The new owners say that it is there intention to provide lunch and dinner service, 7 days a week over the winter period.

I haven't tried myself but neighbours in our block thought service, food and value were good.
It's called Moll de Bellagio and i have already listed it here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...2018-19-a.html .
Lorenzo likes this.