Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   World Cup & Wimbledon (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/13911-world-cup-wimbledon.html)

Pocket_Buddy 15-06-2018 13:51

World Cup & Wimbledon

Where is everyone recommending for watching all of the sport this summer? Bringing my nephew over to celebrate finishing his GCSE's and he is sport mad! Turns out we are there for all of the world cup quarter finals, semi finals and most of wimbeldon too.:D

Sparky 15-06-2018 14:32

Most bars will be showing the football and also the tennis but if you want English coverage Bar Bon Dia, Mulligans, Palms and Pines.

bobley 15-06-2018 14:53

I'll be up in the town so I guess it's the Monkey Bar for me with my earphones in listening to iplayer radio...

Pocket_Buddy 15-06-2018 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobley (Post 123142)
I'll be up in the town so I guess it's the Monkey Bar for me with my earphones in listening to iplayer radio...

I hadnt really thought about watching any up in the town. What is the atmosphere normally like when spain are playing? Never know if the locals are bothered about spain or not. Seem to get a different answer everytime it comes up.

bobley 15-06-2018 16:03

This will be a first for me.

Places like Monkey Bar have a young cosmopolitan sort of crowd so I bet they could take it or leave it. I've been in a saturday afternoon and they dont appear to pay it much attention. I bet many places in the touristy part of town will be similar.

Meanwhile places like Bar Rossa Vell tucked away in the wall just next to my house are nuts for footy so I think they'll take it more seriously. It's a proper locals bar though so I'll give it a wide berth for now? I bet many of the local bars will be similar, in fact given how much of a party these guys throw for every festival I've been to so far I reckon it could get quite lively ;-)

I'm not around just now any sadly I wont be in town for any spanish matches but I'll report back if I see anything of note.

Pocket_Buddy 15-06-2018 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobley (Post 123146)
This will be a first for me.

Places like Monkey Bar have a young cosmopolitan sort of crowd so I bet they could take it or leave it. I've been in a saturday afternoon and they dont appear to pay it much attention. I bet many places in the touristy part of town will be similar.

Meanwhile places like Bar Rossa Vell tucked away in the wall just next to my house are nuts for footy so I think they'll take it more seriously. It's a proper locals bar though so I'll give it a wide berth for now? I bet many of the local bars will be similar, in fact given how much of a party these guys throw for every festival I've been to so far I reckon it could get quite lively ;-)

I'm not around just now any sadly I wont be in town for any spanish matches but I'll report back if I see anything of note.

Much appreciated!!! ;)
Going to have a venture over to Rafael Nadals Academy one day, so hopefully watch some of Wimbledon over there.

Yeah. They certainly don’t need much of an excuse to go wild. I’ll never forget my first venture into the town for La Patrona.... ended up being rescued through a bar window as the crowds pushed toward us :eek: :D

Jonsey 15-06-2018 18:36

Well, tonight is our last one before flying back in the morning. I always aim to head for the Can Moixet to watch the footie and will be tonight to see Spain v Portugal. Our holidays always seem to coincide with major football tournaments whether Euros, Champions League finals or, indeed, World Cups. In fact, I was here four years ago, when Spain opened their defence of the WC ( sorry! ), and were slaughtered 1-5 by the Netherlands....it was a very quiet walk home that evening, I can tell you! So, it's off to the Moixet in an hour or so, and if the atmosphere is awful I shall let you know! They're up for it over here - I was even given a complimentary face paint kit ( Spanish colours of course!) when filling up at the local Repsol garage. I also have to agree with 'Bobley' re the Monkey Bar. Excellent atmosphere a couple of years ago when Wales v England was on at the Euros

Hanser 15-06-2018 22:39

Incredible match. Must have been a great atmosphere there.

Jonsey 15-06-2018 22:44

I can confirm. Great atmosphere at Can Moixet!!!

Pocket_Buddy 15-06-2018 22:47

I have to say, I’d only really thought of watching the games around the sport. Hadn’t given much though of heading upto Pollensa for it, but I’m really getting tempted now.
Spain Vs Portugal was brilliant, so I’m looking forward to hearing what the atmosphere was like there.