Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2018, 18:32

Default Paella

Hi,
I'm coming out to PP on 31st May for two weeks with the in laws. They are Ukrainian and have never visited Spain. As you can imagine they are quite excited and are really looking forward to trying everything and anything typically Spanish.
Which brings me to the question - Can anyone recommend a restaurant in PP that does a great, authentic paella?
Your recommendations will be greatly received 👍🏻😋
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2018, 19:14

Hi, Paella at the end of the day is just like music.
Essentially just someone's opinion.

So on that basis, my top of the pops would be, in no particular order,

Cella La Para. ( You'll need to book )
Brisas Marina.
Los Faroles
Ikebana.

Stand by, because by the time the good folk on this forum have finished you'll be spoilt for choice.
Tommo, katsmum, Bekki and 3 others like this.

Last edited by pollensafan; 11-05-2018 at 19:16.
Old 11-05-2018, 19:23

Bodega Can Ferra does one of the best I have tried. Behind the tobacconist by the roundabout.
Tommo, Roy&Myra and jaimethelad like this.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:09

Another vote for Ca'n Ferra. We live part of the year in P.P. and I guess enjoy a paella here about eight or nine times a year. Each time it is slightly different as the stock used and the meat/fish varies depending on what is available. It may not as 'pretty' as some I have seen but wins on taste and texture.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:33

Sounds like Ca'n Ferra is a popular choice! It's funny because I've visited PP many times & never eaten there - I'll be putting that right in June!!
shelf.life and Tommo like this.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:08

I hesitate to mention this because I doubt that it is truly authentic, but my enjoyment of paella was greatly increased when I discovered paella ciega (blind paella) - which has the shells and bones removed. I read somewhere that it's called that because you can eat it with your eyes shut.

Just a thought...
El Gordo, Sparky, Bekki and 2 others like this.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimethelad View Post
Hi,
I'm coming out to PP on 31st May for two weeks with the in laws. They are Ukrainian and have never visited Spain. As you can imagine they are quite excited and are really looking forward to trying everything and anything typically Spanish.
Which brings me to the question - Can anyone recommend a restaurant in PP that does a great, authentic paella?
Your recommendations will be greatly received 👍🏻😋
Can Ferar is great. Make sure you're hungry as the portions are immense.
Roy&Myra likes this.
Old 12-05-2018, 13:55

Smile Paella

Got to say the paella at Ca'n Ferrer is pretty good but the paella ciega at Los Faroles was a revelation, the best I have ever had. We never have paella on Sundays any more, the whole world seems to be eating paella in the port on Sundays and all the seafront restaurants are chockablock. We prefer to eat it in the week when it is less frantic and they take a bit more care in the kitchen. Nice bottle of chilled rosado, totter back to the apartment and indulge in a nice little siesta.
Old 12-05-2018, 19:52

Los Zarzales does a really good seafood one
kate1 and jaimethelad like this.
Old 14-05-2018, 21:31

Paella comes in many formats and you must first select if you want fish, meat, veg or mixed, having decided on that you must understand that it is cooked for you and this may take half an hour or more.

You should try to book your time to eat it and hence it will be piping hot, my recommendation based on authenticity would be Ikebana.

Best of luck
Old 15-05-2018, 17:40

I have eaten a lot of paella in my many years of visiting PP! - my recommendations would be as follows:

Brisa Marina, Los Faroles, Ca'n Ferra and the Yacht Club (IMO the Yacht Club slightly edges it, at least on our last couple of experiences - more seafood). We always ask for a blind seafood paella but their mixed paella is good too. Avoid anywhere that has a picture outside of said paella, or offers a paella for one, as these are bought in from outside, not prepared fresh. Btw you don't have to be a member of the Yacht Club to eat there - and it's a really lovely setting.
Lorenzo, copper and jaimethelad like this.
Old 16-05-2018, 08:09

The Yacht Club one sounds good Will try that this year
Old 16-05-2018, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate1 View Post
I have eaten a lot of paella in my many years of visiting PP! - my recommendations would be as follows:

Brisa Marina, Los Faroles, Ca'n Ferra and the Yacht Club (IMO the Yacht Club slightly edges it, at least on our last couple of experiences - more seafood). We always ask for a blind seafood paella but their mixed paella is good too. Avoid anywhere that has a picture outside of said paella, or offers a paella for one, as these are bought in from outside, not prepared fresh. Btw you don't have to be a member of the Yacht Club to eat there - and it's a really lovely setting.
Our Golden Rule is never eat where there are pictures of outside or a huge menu. That said, PP has plenty of exceptions, most notably the lovely Pascallinos
Old 16-05-2018, 10:02

When in the port we always go to Brisa Marina on a Sunday afternoon and have the seafood fidura with sangria. You gotta book though as place normally full of locals. Amazing numbet of paella going out through the door as take away, i dont think I've ever sen pans the size of. Enjoy wherever you end ip.
Old 16-05-2018, 13:37

Default Brisa Marina

Great place for Sunday lunch . When we arrived last years for two weeks we could not get in the first Sunday as it was fully booked. So make sure to book as soon a you arrive.

As others have said full of locals which is a good sign.

El Posito also do a good Paella.

Scotslizzy