Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   La Roca Beach Bar (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/13755-la-roca-beach-bar.html)

prattyIG8 27-02-2018 13:56

La Roca Beach Bar

Apologies if this isn't the correct place to post but I can't seem to find how to start a new thread. I was wondering when La Roca beach bar might re open? After Embat disappearing I am worrying this one may too! Please say I am worrying unnecessarily!

Also is it true that Kiki has left Swing? Thanks for any info

sws97sdg 27-02-2018 14:15

I think you will find La Roca has closed as well!

pollensa 27-02-2018 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by prattyIG8 (Post 121420)
Apologies if this isn't the correct place to post but I can't seem to find how to start a new thread.

To start a new thread, find the relevant section and look for the words 'New Thread' top left above the grey bar. :)

Sparky 27-02-2018 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 121422)
I think you will find La Roca has closed as well!

I am not sure if this is a permanent closure, the structure has been removed but the footings remain so it could return in the summer.

sws97sdg 28-02-2018 09:23

I thought it said on FB that they wouldn't reopen, but lets hope you are right!

Sparky 28-02-2018 10:37

This was the last post on their FB page :-

Quote:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS LOVELY SEASON WITH ALL OF YOU NEAR TO US!!
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR FRIENDS

prattyIG8 28-02-2018 13:27

Thank you for your replies. My husband thought he saw something on FB too that was what started my question. I couldn't find any evidence of it. I do hope it is not true, with the play area and everything it really would be a shame. Loved the live music on a Saturday night too.

With the money that has been spent on the Llenaire end it would seem strange to get rid of all the beach bars and mean that people go further down the beach to sunbathe. Surely that would even affect the restaurants on the road..

prattyIG8 28-02-2018 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollensa (Post 121423)
To start a new thread, find the relevant section and look for the words 'New Thread' top left above the grey bar. :)

Thank you for the info

Sparky 28-02-2018 13:49

I remember there was a story in the press last year about "chiringuitos" being removed from some areas of the island, i think it said that they could not be permanent fixtures but i can't find the story now.

Sparky 28-02-2018 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 121442)
I remember there was a story in the press last year about "chiringuitos" being removed from some areas of the island, i think it said that they could not be permanent fixtures but i can't find the story now.

Here is the link to the story :- https://majorcadailybulletin.com/new...uito-bars.html

littlebird 01-03-2018 13:24

Just to add to this- I think Embat might be back this year - they've said so in comments underneath their Facebook posts. Oh please let it be true - I was a big fan of these chiringuitos :)

prattyIG8 - if it's any help re your initial question, I looked back on Facebook feeds for both bars and La Roca seemed to be open from late Feb last year, whereas Embat didn't open till mid-late April in 2016 (which would be a shame for me cos I leave on the 14th!)

pollensafan 02-03-2018 09:48

Re Beach bars

These are indeed strange times we live in. Compare all this closing of bars, tourist tax, removal of property rentals.

Then my mind goes back 45 years ago when I first set foot on this island. They were doing everything in their power to entice people here.

At the risk of sounding like a parrot, again I say to the few godfathers that are calling the shots, be careful , because as quick as the living standards of the good folk of Mallorca went into the stratosphere, so the opposite end of the spectrum can return.

You do not have a monopoly on tourist.

PP76 02-03-2018 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by prattyIG8 (Post 121420)
Apologies if this isn't the correct place to post but I can't seem to find how to start a new thread. I was wondering when La Roca beach bar might re open? After Embat disappearing I am worrying this one may too! Please say I am worrying unnecessarily!

Also is it true that Kiki has left Swing? Thanks for any info

Kiko left Swing at the end of October to work in Alcudia

prattyIG8 05-03-2018 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlebird (Post 121462)
Just to add to this- I think Embat might be back this year - they've said so in comments underneath their Facebook posts. Oh please let it be true - I was a big fan of these chiringuitos :)

prattyIG8 - if it's any help re your initial question, I looked back on Facebook feeds for both bars and La Roca seemed to be open from late Feb last year, whereas Embat didn't open till mid-late April in 2016 (which would be a shame for me cos I leave on the 14th!)

Thank you so much for the info, I am not out till May so hoping it will be there then. I don't usually worry too much about these things it is just that my husband thought he had seen something about it not re opening but seems that was wrong (thankfully)

prattyIG8 05-03-2018 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by PP76 (Post 121483)
Kiko left Swing at the end of October to work in Alcudia

I thought so, such a shame as he made that place for us. Hoping there will be someone just as good this year but he will be a loss. my children loved him.