Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree17Likes
  • 14 Post By Tangoman
  • 1 Post By Disorderly
  • 1 Post By Bean Counter
  • 1 Post By Sparky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-09-2017, 20:09

Default Trip Report

Hi All

Arrived 22nd August, 8 of us incl 3 kids, staying at Crespi No. 8. Great location - back again from last year, for 2 weeks.

Decided to go for Tapas, and Taxi driver recommended (C'an Panxo?) - around 2.30 p.m. Said they were closing, and did not appear to be remotely interested in accommodating us. Transferred to Hibiscus, and how glad we were - great, they even called back the chef to make desserts - well worth the generous tip to show our appreciation! I had the Frito Mallorquina (I remembered this from last year) - wonderful!! Lots of fresh warm bread from the oven, along with Olives and Aioli - Yum Yum!! We shared a great selection of Tapas, ranging from Meatballs in Sauce, Prawns, Baby Squid, and the highlight was the Clams in Lemon and Olive Oil - superb. Light and sweet!!

Birthday night - my wife's Birthday is 25th AUG (Friday this year), and my son Chris's is "26th August - regular readers may recall that last year we went to Tango, but not available this year. However, we turned up at Na Ruixa, which I had never eaten in before, as it was always full up, no tables available. However we were able to just walk in for table of 8 at 8.15 p.m. (Outside), and were delighted with our choice. I had the Gazpacho to start, and this was followed by a brilliant Grilled Sole - ( I used to think that only Hostal Bahai could do this justice) - absolutley superb, grilled on the bone for a moist and very tasty main course, with a good selection of veg. Others had Samlon ( wife, well pleased with outcome), Fillet Steak - excellent, Duck - delightful, everyone was well pleased. Wish I had gone years ago - but, now we know. And the service was superb!!

Recommended to go to Patio@45, known last year as Tapas Tree - same chefs, different front of house. We liked their simple menu structure - Starters all 5 Euro, Mains all 10 Euro, Desserts all 5 Euro each. I had the Carpaccio, and another starter of the Langostines, which I had been told was a massive portion - and so it proved, 5 huge Prawns, well cooked, and in a nice light sauce. Kids were well pleased with Pasta, and we also had 2 steaks - small, but well presented and succulent. Service was a bit haphazard, but they did their best, and no-one was disappointed. Would go again.

Had a couple of lunches at Laroc - exceedingly good value, and very tasty. Great to sit in the breeze coming off the beach.

Also had a few takeaways from Louisa (Al Fresco) - good as always, and portion size is good.

On last full day went to El Pescador - great choice. Last time we were in there it was a Tex Mex!! Everyone very happy with their choices from chicken burgers to Fillet Steak, and I tried to order the Monkfish and Prawn Skewers - alas, they hadn't arrived yet, so I choose the Sea Bream on the bone, and what a good choice. Whilst waiting I noticed a white van arrive and take in 2 fish boxes - asked waitress, and yes my Monkfish had arrived - however Sea Bream was underway, so didn't change. I haven't had many see bream, so asked waiter to fillet for me - great job - I will do it myself next time. But so good, sweet and moist. And a nice touch at the end is to take the kids to pick an Ice Cream of their choice from the outside kiosk.

Maybe one of the best nights was at Iru, where we hadn't been for many years. I enquired inside, but was told that the old photograph of snow on the beach in Puerto Pollensa from 1934, had never turned up since the refurbishment of about 15 years ago - what a pity!! However, what a meal - great!! My other half had Chicken and Roast Veg Skewers, along with a good selection of vegetables, including Roasties. Daughter in law and her sister had Chicken and Veg Paella, which was pronounced a success. Chris had Duck, also a success. Kids had usual Pasta and Burgers. I had the Lobster and Prawn Ravioli, which came in a delightful tomato and onion sauce (Very light) - and also garnished with lots (and I mean LOTS) of King Prawns, Mussels, Shrimps, and Sweet Clams - delicious (God, I'm getting hungry now!). I then stole everybody's left over bread to soak up the sauce!!

Also had a few nibbles at Dakota (V Good), lots of drinks at Manolo's, and also a few at Pascalino, the Chinese Bar/Restaurant - great service from happy staff, and prices were brilliant.

All in all a great holiday with about 33 - 35 Degrees Centigrade every day. However, so sorry to see what may be happening reference Tourist Tax and Property Licensing - seems nuts to me to even think of going down this road - a half empty PP will mean half the restaurants and bars, lots of unemployed waiters, etc., who will not be able to afford the accommodation freed up.

Hope all turns out OK

Finally, managed to catch a bug on the last but one day, which on returning home turned out to Pneumonia, and ended up in hospital for 5 days. Back home now, but still coughing like an idiot!!

Should be back.

Regards All
Sponsored Links
Old 16-09-2017, 09:46

Thanks for a great interesting report and now have a few suggestions for our upcoming trip! Hope you are fully recovered from the pneumonia now - good job you didnt catch it earlier though!
Old 16-09-2017, 16:20

Super review.....thank you. We don't get so many these days so it was good to read this, and pinch some ideas for our next visit.
annascotland likes this.
Old 17-09-2017, 11:20

I agree, great review. I always really enjoyed reading the reports and am sorry that there are so few now!
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 18-09-2017, 08:31

Fantastic trip report. Thank you for taking the time.
Glad to hear that you're out of the hospital and hope you'll be recovered fully soon.
Old 18-09-2017, 09:59
Super Moderator

Tangoman, i hope you are feeling better now. Thanks for a great trip report and with any luck it will inspire other members to post .
lollipop likes this.