Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2017, 14:52

I am amazed. The original site was always doing good trade. Beach visitors, strollers and guests from Uyal Hotel, Pollentia, Hobby etc frequented it. You couldn't easily get a table at midday. Kiddies could get their ices and play on the swings, slides, climbing frame nearby. Plenty of food was sold and I believe that has a better mark up than drinks.
The new location will probably "up" its prices, too.
There's still an established clientele at the original site for someone in the business. Jose Bony, can you hear me?
pollensafan likes this.

Last edited by Enjay; 02-05-2017 at 16:50. Reason: Typos and predictive text !!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2017, 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslizzy View Post
Finding it difficult to place this area?

Scotslizzy
I think you may be right Lizzy, I have heard it will be at la Cantina, so right around the port near the refueling part!
Not sure it will have the right vibe there, here's hoping someone will open up another beach bar in the same location, I wish I could!!

On island time!!
Old 05-05-2017, 11:33

It is probably to do with contracts. The beach bars etc are awarded contracts with an end date, so have to be extended or renegotiated. I read that they were hoping to hear re contract in June.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:37

Default I Like that wee part

We now go to CANTINA for a drink quite a lot as we like the view looking back onto PP and watching the yachts come and go.

Another place opening might increase traffic flow for both places.

Scotslizzy
kate1 likes this.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:24

We have read elsewhere that authorities are removing beach bars (La Rocha will not be renewed after this season). What is their thinking? It does not appear to cause an environmental problem. There's been a suggestion that residents (?) have complained about the noise. The evening music shows at Embat were quite subdued; there was more sounds from Fergus Hotel and musicians performing in Pollentia/Uyal! I'm sure the beach bars provided an added attraction and facility to a beach day. Will the barrow fruit vendor be stopped as well?
We never saw irresponsible drinking and If true the daytime pursuits have dropped a few points for us.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:26

Saw this on FB too, which is why perhaps they have taken on the two other places, hope its not true, they added so much to the place
ragdollabbi, Tommo and Enjay like this.

On island time!!
Old 25-05-2017, 09:42

Come on folks, you know how it works. The powers to be in a place that relies on tourism see's new places on the beach doing well, so they have a think tank and come up with a cunning plan. remove them, simples.

Of course they won't be removing Tamerells, but then that's owned by the pollensa park hotel and we all know the clout held by the hoteliers association .

Conspiracy theories concerning the loss of trade that would have been suffered by Tamerells, Perish the thought.
Tommo, copper, Roy&Myra and 2 others like this.

Last edited by pollensafan; 25-05-2017 at 09:44.
Old 25-05-2017, 13:33

I saw the comment about contracts not being renewed on facebook too and I hope this is incorrect. I was under the impression their lease had expired and they were negotiating and hoping to open in June (as another poster has mentioned). No mention about beach bar licenses being taken away and I would have thought that would be a big buzz in the area but I am not saying the poster who said this is wrong by any stretch but there are always lots of rumours when bars don't open etc. Look at the sun beds last year. I for one hope they do not take the beach bars away, it would seem a very silly decision, they bring so much revenue to the area including the restaurants off the beach as people head for a spot of food etc who might not be in that area without the bars. Also why invest in all the new play areas right next to each beach bar to them get rid of them, it would seem very strange (a brand new play area right near La Roca this year).
I know last year La Roca's live music did get some complaints but that is over by 7:30 so it would be strange to take them away for that rather than just impose extra noise restrictions?
Having said all this while it would be a crying shame I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say this would put me off the area. They would be a loss but I would still enjoy that beautiful beach with the children with the bars not there. The Spar would just get more of my money as I filled up a cool bag!! :-)
Rigourman and Enjay like this.
Old 25-05-2017, 14:25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjay View Post
We have read elsewhere that authorities are removing beach bars (La Rocha will not be renewed after this season). What is their thinking? It does not appear to cause an environmental problem. There's been a suggestion that residents (?) have complained about the noise. The evening music shows at Embat were quite subdued; there was more sounds from Fergus Hotel and musicians performing in Pollentia/Uyal! I'm sure the beach bars provided an added attraction and facility to a beach day. Will the barrow fruit vendor be stopped as well?
We never saw irresponsible drinking and If true the daytime pursuits have dropped a few points for us.
I have only read about beach bars being removed on Es Trenc beach, here is the link to the report :- https://majorcadailybulletin.com/new...s-started.html.
Enjay likes this.
Old 26-05-2017, 12:07

I find it odd that people would decide not to come to PP because the beach bars are not there considering they have only been in place for a few years anyway (excluding Tamarells of course)
Tommo likes this.
Old 26-05-2017, 14:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
I find it odd that people would decide not to come to PP because the beach bars are not there considering they have only been in place for a few years anyway (excluding Tamarells of course)
HI GG,
Now I'll be the first to admit my old eye's are not what they were, mind you they never were up to much even in their prime, but I can't see anywhere that someone posted they would not come to PP because of the beach bars not being there
Enjay likes this.
Old 26-05-2017, 15:52

I think it was on Facebook that someone said that, saw it earlier
pollensafan and Enjay like this.

On island time!!
Old 27-05-2017, 09:46

You are right sws - I recall now that it was on FB.

Apologies for the confusion!
pollensafan likes this.
Old 27-05-2017, 10:27
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
Come on folks, you know how it works. The powers to be in a place that relies on tourism see's new places on the beach doing well, so they have a think tank and come up with a cunning plan. remove them, simples.

Of course they won't be removing Tamerells, but then that's owned by the pollensa park hotel and we all know the clout held by the hoteliers association .

Conspiracy theories concerning the loss of trade that would have been suffered by Tamerells, Perish the thought.
Here is a translation of a report in today's UH online :-

Quote:
Medi Ambient asks Costas to study demolish another 13 beach bars

The six bars that this week the Ajuntament de Campos has demolished in es Trenc could be the first of a long list that affects 13 other beach bars in Mallorca . The general director of Espais

Naturals i Biodiversity of the Government, Miquel Mir, has sent a letter to the Coastal Demarcation in the Balearics to review the legality of these constructions that, according to Medi Ambient, are within the Natura 2000 Network. The Supreme Court ruling 1646/2016 annuls Transitional provision 26 of the Costs Regulation prohibiting the construction of cement on beaches considered natural (non-urban). From the Conselleria de Medi Ambient consider that the legal situation of these chiringuitos should be reviewed so that there is no "discriminatory treatment" on those of Campos.

The Government has made a list with the characteristics of these supposedly illegal beach huts that affect ten municipalities of the Island. The list presented to Costas specifies those constructions of cement that rise in spaces declared Xarxa Natura protected like Places of Importance Community (LIC) or Special Protection Areas for Birds (ZEPA). They are the case of the beaches of Portals Vells and Platja del Mago (in the municipality of Calvià); Cap Enderrocat-Cap Blanc (Llucmajor); Platja des Dolç (ses Salines); Cala s'Aguila and Platja de sa Mesquida (in Capdepera); The Llosa de l'Ullal (Pollença); Two different chiringuitos in the cala de sa Calobra (Escorca); Cala Deià and the Racó de sa Foradada (Deià); Cala Estellencs (Estellencs); And s'Illeta-Camp de Mar (Andratx).

Miquel Gual, in his letter to Demarcación de Costas, does not speak directly about demolitions, but simply reminds the State administration that according to the Supreme Court's judgment the location and legal status of each of the booths is Thus 'to apply the appropriate measures'.
The original and full report can be seen here :- https://ultimahora.es/noticias/part-...tos-playa.html
El Gordo likes this.
Old 27-05-2017, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
You are right sws - I recall now that it was on FB.

Apologies for the confusion!
Easy Mistake to make with the amount of media platforms there are about.
Gommar Goffer likes this.